Author Topic: Vanilla Icecream  (Read 22635 times)

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
Vanilla Icecream
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:36:11 am »
Has anyone made the plain Vanilla icecream in the Thermomix??

The recpe says to place it into a stainless steel bowl after you can cooked it and place in the freezer... do you have to do this?? any other tips for making it..

oh and what other type of icecream could i make...  different flavours?

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Vanilla Icecream
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:13:44 am »
It is a custard type ice cream that can be frozen in ice cube trays or any dish so that it freezes relatively quickly. shallow trays to start are best (you could transfer it to an icecream churn)

Ice cube trays are good because then it is easy to break up after.  You can do the freeze, blend, freeze a couple of times to make the result smoother.  The more it is blended and frozen the less ice crytals in the final product.  Old people like me will remember that before ready bought ice cream we used to make 3 milk ice creams and there were metal trays to freeze the ice cream. 

Other flavours -  are up to your imagination - caramel, mint, coconut, chocolate and hazelnut, passionfruit, star anise, honeycomb, custard apple, almond nougat, raspberry, chocolate mandarin, all the berry fruits, wasabi, - I have recipes for all these and many more.

Let me know if there is something that appeals.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:35:13 pm »
Ahh that makes sense then...  ice cube trays might be a goer... i'll give it a go.

Ohh the chocolate mandarin would be nice... also mint..

Offline Karonjulie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:56:40 am »
I have made the Salted Caramel Maple Ice Cream from the 2009 calendar and I placed into a plastic tuppaware container and it turned out just fine.    I've made it 3 times now....absolutely love it!!!

Tonight I've made the vanilla ice cream recipe from the cookbook but I have added peppermint essence and green food colouring to it and have placed in a tin bowl.  So will let you know how it turns out.  I'm going to add choc chips to it after the 3 hours of freezing.

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:39:34 am »
I have been making ice cream to give as samples at the farmers market. I just use tupperware also to freeze. I dont think the container makes much difference, its the amount of times you blend it.
The more you blend it the creamier it is! It also helps if you mill your sugar into icing sugar first - helps to reduce the amount of crystals.
Chocolate ice cream is always a hit! Just add 200g of broken choc at the start of the recipe and it will melt during the cooking process. You dont need to add as much sugar though.
For fruit icecream, peach is also popular, i just add my fresh fruit at the start and blend and cook as per recipe.
Using honey instead of sugar is great also! My kids love honey icecream, just add enough to your taste. As it heats and melts you will be able to taste whether you need to add more.
Good Luck!
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 10:34:21 am »
I have made the Salted Caramel Maple Ice Cream from the 2009 calendar and I placed into a plastic tuppaware container and it turned out just fine.    I've made it 3 times now....absolutely love it!!!

Tonight I've made the vanilla ice cream recipe from the cookbook but I have added peppermint essence and green food colouring to it and have placed in a tin bowl.  So will let you know how it turns out.  I'm going to add choc chips to it after the 3 hours of freezing.

My DH made this last weekend and it has also been a huge hit with the family. Well done Tenina!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: Re: Vanilla Icecream
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 11:55:12 am »
It is a custard type ice cream that can be frozen in ice cube trays or any dish so that it freezes relatively quickly. shallow trays to start are best (you could transfer it to an icecream churn)

Ice cube trays are good because then it is easy to break up after.  You can do the freeze, blend, freeze a couple of times to make the result smoother.  The more it is blended and frozen the less ice crytals in the final product.  Old people like me will remember that before ready bought ice cream we used to make 3 milk ice creams and there were metal trays to freeze the ice cream. 

Other flavours -  are up to your imagination - caramel, mint, coconut, chocolate and hazelnut, passionfruit, star anise, honeycomb, custard apple, almond nougat, raspberry, chocolate mandarin, all the berry fruits, wasabi, - I have recipes for all these and many more.

Let me know if there is something that appeals.
Would be interested in your mint, strawberry and honeycomb recipes please.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 12:15:21 pm »
Kimmy, Thermomixer hasn't been on here for quite some time. He was one of our first moderators and was an absolute wealth of knowledge.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 06:01:38 am »
He was on when i first joined for the first few months... Pity he isnt around anymore :(
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 09:10:33 am »
Oh ok thanks cookie. Silly me.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 11:27:28 am »
No worries Kimmy. We've all done similar things. He and Brazen were very positive influences and helpful when the forum first started.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/