Author Topic: Recipe Review - Spiced Apple Custard Pie (Budget Busters Booklet)  (Read 11781 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Spiced Apple Custard Pie (Budget Busters Booklet)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 09:19:28 am »
Most definitely. I like the things I have made from the Budget Busters book.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 11:35:09 pm »
I think I might have to make this now too. It is a good wee book that I should use more often!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 11:25:42 pm »
I would like to try this, need to cook something for tomorrow morning. Can anyone comment does this taste OK cold? Or is it best eaten hot?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:19:36 am by ElleG »

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 12:26:38 am »
I think this one would work cold too ElleG
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 02:26:31 am »
Thanks Jamberie. Will make it and try it tomorrow.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 04:30:34 am »
This looks nice, would someone be able to tell me if the Budget Busters booklet is the same as Cooking on a Budget booklet please?

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 06:06:07 am »
Emme, I just looked at the contents listed in the recipe book reviews section... <u><b>Budget Busters Booklet recipes</b></u><br /><br />Curried chick pea and lentil stew<br />Chicken, leek and corn pie<br />White Fish chowder<br />Gozleme<br />Chicken and pasta salad with Garlic dressing<br />Flaky filo spiniach slice<br />Beef stew with buttermilk dumplings<br />Tuscan Bread and tomato soup<br />Chinese steamed buns<br />Tuna empanada<br />Curried beef mince with cabbage<br />Coconut Chicken<br />Tuna mornay<br />Chicken Picadillo<br />Lemon delicious<br />Baked choc-cinnamon pudding<br />plum clafouti<br />White choc walnut bites<br />Date and lime cake<br />Caramel choumeur<br />Raspberry and lemon flan<br />melting choc puddings<br />Spiced apple custard pie<br />Quarter cake<br />The $4 choc mud cake<br />Cinnamon ice cream<br /><br />AND lot of other tips and hints for saving with TM<br/>
This is what was listed.  Hope that helps and sorry if the post is hard to read, I'm on Tapatalk :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 06:23:59 am »
Thanks Jamberie, I checked the Thermomix site and saw the Cooking on a Budget booklet.   Finally found the index to that and it appears to be the same. 

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 09:27:16 am »
This tart was very nice cold. It was lovely and spicy, I used some fresh nutmeg grated in as well. Cut the sugar back to about a quarter, and added 60g nuts to the base.

It was still quite sweet and everyone said they enjoyed it. I took note of previous posters and sliced the apple.
Oh, and it was GF, used quinoa flakes instead of flour. No one realised it was low sugar and GF  ;D