Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368836 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #780 on: September 14, 2014, 12:48:58 am »
You have to be very unlucky to end up with a lemon girls so fingers crossed that your machines are OK and if not, they will replace or fix them anyway - unlike some car manufacturers  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 14, 2014, 02:24:27 am »
Exactly Judy, my sister has a lemon Audi and she has been fighting them for 3 years now and while they will fix things they would never replace the actual car despite the amount that has had to be replaced on the car. She was recently talking with some of sons friends while in Germany and they are all in the car design industry and said cars like that are known as "Monday cars" as the assembly line workers are tired after a weekend of partying!!! She is going to sell it because it's now out of warranty and she won't be able to afford any more fixes.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 14, 2014, 03:16:31 am »
I will be interested to see how the Americans take to it when it is introduced once again in the US. No doubt that will coincide with the new model going into Canada. This forum will be overloaded with US members for sure. It is going to get interesting.

I just asked local Canadian official distributor about any news on TM5. Or any big discounts on the TM31. They replied, but with no news on either. Just that there are monthly special extras.

The Local Australian distributor lied to their customers arafalov. Nuff said!  I doubt the TM 5 will be introduced into Canada before early 2015 but it is coming so a long informed lead in for those who do their due diligence.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 14, 2014, 03:22:34 am »
You have to be very unlucky to end up with a lemon girls so fingers crossed that your machines are OK and if not, they will replace or fix them anyway - unlike some car manufacturers  ;)

Vorwerk has spent millions developing the TM5 it has no doubt been in test kitchens for the past 6 months or more.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 14, 2014, 03:44:14 am »
I think the long delivery time is not good!
Is it really 20 days?
When paying so much and a newly released model I think it should be delivered much faster.
I have never liked the Thermomix sales model.

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 14, 2014, 04:12:58 am »
Is it really 20 days?
When paying so much and a newly released model I think it should be delivered much faster.
I'm enormously impatient too.  Mostly because my payment has been processed, and the consultants went to collect their new TMXs the day after the launch.  I really can't get what the hold up is, since they're warehoused here already, and they have my money...

I've never been good at waiting though.
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 14, 2014, 04:17:55 am »
Nd since they already have your money it is in their bank earning them interest. Payment on delivery would be my choice.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 14, 2014, 06:29:41 am »
I asked about that Gert, payment up front or no sale. :-X
I have paid for mine, now waiting. No not impressed with the sales model, sight unseen. don't know when I can have a demo.

not impressed, I had to chase them, we need more consultants up here. :(
waiting for it to arrive, then organize demo.

why do consultants get all the stock, and we have to wait 2-4 weeks from Brissie, AFTER ITS PAID FOR...
I get airbags in less than 24 hours,  ex Brisie, every day....

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #788 on: September 14, 2014, 07:05:33 am »
Is it really 20 days?

The consultants are waiting too, then the customers who've not had a chance to receive the Thermomix they ordered in August when stock ran out, then customers who've ordered since Sept 6.  I can understand them under promising and hoping to get people their Thermomixes before the expected timeframe, just right now.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 14, 2014, 09:11:28 am »
I asked about that Gert, payment up front or no sale. :-X
I have paid for mine, now waiting. No not impressed with the sales model, sight unseen. don't know when I can have a demo.

not impressed, I had to chase them, we need more consultants up here. :(
waiting for it to arrive, then organize demo.

why do consultants get all the stock, and we have to wait 2-4 weeks from Brissie, AFTER ITS PAID FOR...
I get airbags in less than 24 hours,  ex Brisie, every day....

Head Office has processed my payment too (on Wednesday). I couldn't care less really. I've sold my TMX 31 and have made brownies, vegetarian bolognaise, tuna bake and biscuits in the traditional manner. I thought it would be a real drag but I actually found it enjoyable. Long term though, I can't see making bread without TMX.  :)
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 14, 2014, 09:42:30 am »
When I bought my TMX31 I paid cash on delivery. If my consultant wants a sale  and if I buy the TMX5 the same conditions apply. No way will I pay before delivery . I don't do that with anything else. That is plain crazy..

You don't go to Target and pay in advance on a promise.

Get real advisors.

Gert

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #791 on: September 14, 2014, 09:47:03 am »
I thought they didn't process payment until it was shipped? Customer service is lacking big time up here. Even the GL doesn't return emails and that was before the big announcement :o

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 14, 2014, 11:27:07 am »
I am beginning to think it is timeTM Australia opened several shops where Thermomixers and accessories can be bought without the crazy sales model and in home demos.
I think this occurs in Canada. But stand to be corrected.
Huge waits on delivery and waiting for demo times is all a bit old fashioned and is a market monopoly and seems to taint a really good machine.
I think all these issues along with a poorly managed new model realise just go to show the company's true values.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 14, 2014, 11:47:17 am »
I am beginning to think it is timeTM Australia opened several shops where Thermomixers and accessories can be bought without the crazy sales model and in home demos.
I think this occurs in Canada. But stand to be corrected.
Huge waits on delivery and waiting for demo times is all a bit old fashioned and is a market monopoly and seems to taint a really good machine.
I think all these issues along with a poorly managed new model realise just go to show the company's true values.

I couldn't agree more!  From what I understand you can buy the TMX and accessories over the counter in Canada and in Germany .....

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 14, 2014, 12:32:29 pm »
How are they sold in France and Spain?
Is it the same as Australia?