Author Topic: The Best of our Recipe Communities  (Read 41520 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Best of our Recipe Communities
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 12:46:46 pm »
CP, I have changed it whilst Gert has another drink  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline lauzzie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 01:06:47 pm »
I would really love a copy of the recipe community cookbook.   I hope it becomes available for us to buy as I am sure there are many of us who would eagerly buy it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »
I have actually decided that under the current system that HO have of releasing books that I will not be purchasing. One time I went to HO and wanted to look at one of their books (Travelling with TM) and they would not unwrap it from the cellophane so I could flick through. I'm sort of over the whole system. On Amazon you can actually browse books (at least the 1st chapter) before purchasing, and the TM books that I have previously bought are so-so. I have not even made one thing out of the Asian book.
I'm happy to use the books that I have bought as reference books if anyone here requires info and help.

OMG I would love to have a HotMixPro to dabble and experiment with. I'm warming to the prospect of a new machine cos I'm a bit of "tech head" as my kids would say, and its so exciting!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 10:12:42 pm »
I would really love a copy of the recipe community cookbook.   I hope it becomes available for us to buy as I am sure there are many of us who would eagerly buy it.

Lauzzie pop over to   superkitchenmachine.com and if you have ought one of Helene's wonderful spatulas you have a chance to win the new cookbook.  Really though you would be much better off buying For Foods Sake, Which is available in book shops and on line at Tenina's web site or  husbandspoke.com.au

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 10:13:29 pm »
I have actually decided that under the current system that HO have of releasing books that I will not be purchasing. One time I went to HO and wanted to look at one of their books (Travelling with TM) and they would not unwrap it from the cellophane so I could flick through. I'm sort of over the whole system. On Amazon you can actually browse books (at least the 1st chapter) before purchasing, and the TM books that I have previously bought are so-so. I have not even made one thing out of the Asian book.
I'm happy to use the books that I have bought as reference books if anyone here requires info and help.

OMG I would love to have a HotMixPro to dabble and experiment with. I'm warming to the prospect of a new machine cos I'm a bit of "tech head" as my kids would say, and its so exciting!

You and me both.
Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 10:49:15 am »
CP and Gert I feel exactly the same. I'm sure in time there will be more books from Tenina and others and of course the forum is a wonderful resource.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »
I received this book for having a demo and purchasing. I'm pretty disappointed not much appeals out of it! Anyone else?

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 12:16:45 pm »
I received this book for having a demo and purchasing. I'm pretty disappointed not much appeals out of it! Anyone else?

Thank goodness you did not pay money for it.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 12:40:32 pm »
Have another look through it CGL - sometimes the first read is not as productive as the next one.  I've made quite a list of things I want to do from that book. We have reviews of 11 recipes already from that book, have you seen them?

Offline Bethwood

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 06:03:24 am »

I'm the same as you. It was the May gift for buying a Thermomix. I've looked through it a few times and there really isn't anything that appeals to me.

Part of me thinks it's the photos. They aren't very appealing and most of the contributors (aside from the Aussie ones) look terrified. Seriously.

Beth
Beth

stacelee

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 06:35:07 am »
The only way that I would really be interested in buying any more thermomix cookbooks is if I could get them electronically.  I'm trying to resist buying any more physical books because my bookshelves are already too full, plus I like having them at my fingertips whereever I might be.  I have all of the thermomix books I own scanned as pdf's and I am now gradually getting them into Paprika/Living Cookbook as well.  I've also been gradually getting the recipes from here into Paprika/Living Cookbook....I'm about halfway through the Main meals....if people would only stop posting more recipes :P

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 07:47:03 am »
I have most of the thermomix cook books, and really don't use them except for EDC and the indian one.

I should put them on Ebay.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 08:02:57 am »

I'm the same as you. It was the May gift for buying a Thermomix. I've looked through it a few times and there really isn't anything that appeals to me.

Part of me thinks it's the photos. They aren't very appealing and most of the contributors (aside from the Aussie ones) look terrified. Seriously.

Beth

Yes, the photography does not possibly do the recipes justice!

Judy Dawn I did reply to you the other night here too- for some reason my replies appear to be going AWOL- I have noticed it a few times now??

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 08:06:36 am »
Are you sure you click on Post CGL - I often post myself then wonder where it's gone so I think in my haste I've forgotten to click on it.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 08:20:56 am »
Are you sure you click on Post CGL - I often post myself then wonder where it's gone so I think in my haste I've forgotten to click on it.

Yes- definitely clicking post- it seems to disappear into cyberspace! Never mind!  :-\