Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6073339 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23085 on: September 06, 2019, 02:23:29 pm »
Love the photos of the cars Cookie .
Spent time with DM ...     
The weekend will be Hockey semi finals for DS and DD , fingers crossed for them .   
It’s been rather crazy these last three weeks , I have been distracted a lot . Life is just well I will say it hard . My DM has been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer about 3-4 weeks ago , so many appointments to finerly come to a plan . So it’s full on cemo and radiation therapy starting Monday . I know that all our love and her full on stubborn determination and positive attitude will concer all . So I am learning fast to slot everyone in ! Driving home this afternoon I thought this is how it’s going to be , dog tirered after full on Information overload and emotions. It will be ok . The kids are sad but they will be busy with school and a mini break in holidays ( guilt overload for me but other family will help ) .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23086 on: September 06, 2019, 03:50:16 pm »
Sorry to hear that news Katie and I wish your DM all the best with her treatment. Your busy life will just become busier, it’s just what we do isn’t it?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23087 on: September 06, 2019, 05:49:33 pm »
Sorry to hear the news about your DM KAtie.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23088 on: September 06, 2019, 11:42:13 pm »
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your DM.   Just make sure to look after yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23089 on: September 07, 2019, 03:47:25 am »
Sorry to hear your news Katie..  I hope your DM's treatment is successful.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23090 on: September 07, 2019, 01:28:41 pm »
KAtie what a shock for you all. Things will certainly change for you. I’m sure you will all step up and cope.  I hope DM is ok.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23091 on: September 08, 2019, 12:52:36 pm »
Thank you all for your kind words . With DM now ready for first cemo tomorrow, think we are organised.
I am sill cold from DD hockey game in the pouring rain , she got two goals and they won , so grand final next weekend . So proud of her she played so well , they all did . DS played yesterday, he was amongst it , missed several goal opportunities but so did others . Another amazing game but they lost .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23092 on: September 08, 2019, 10:54:30 pm »
Just catching up with your news K Atie.  Don’t exhaust yourself.  Will you be driving up and down to Melbourne?  Is your Mum being treated at Peter Mc Callum. ?
We have just had a year of Cancer treatment both with Ral and our very good friend Bruce.  I have to say that great progress has been made in patient care. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. 
Of all the present Forum members, I am the closest. If you would like me to make some Casseroles ,  biscuits  and cakes just message me. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23093 on: September 09, 2019, 10:10:01 am »
Chookie you are so kind , we will be fine thank you . Cabrini has opened the new Gandel wing , most things are there , bonus really . Just done first cemo day today .. there was a hold up with one of the two cemo treatments , Mum is tough , one down four to go ! 5 week plan of radiation everyday for five days Mondays both cemo and radiation. So in hard and fast . Sharing the load with other family members , but it was good to be here for DM now . Russed out this arvo to get DD pleated skirt steamed ironed for hockey dinner on Saturday.
Mum cannot eat too much at the moment , soft foods . Did a quick batch of chicken stock then broccoli soup , thankfully thermo does a great job . She really is not eating much , smoothies with everything in them including Advil, like susagenen added. No meat to hard to swallow .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23094 on: September 10, 2019, 12:13:11 am »
Gosh, that is a hard chemo treatment schedule, Katie.  Is your DM an inpatient or do you have to take her in and out every day.  This is a challenging time for you all and my thoughts and hugs are with you.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23095 on: September 10, 2019, 07:47:00 am »
I hope things are going well for you and DM KAtie. Drive carefully

We are away on a mini holiday at the moment. We had virtually no signal last night so I couldn’t get onto my iPad. We camped at a free camp at a place called Lake Indoon. It’s about 300km or so from Perth and 30km from the coast. It was beautiful and quiet.
Today we came on to Morawa. Where I was born and spent my growing up years. We passed through Carnamah where we lived and DH taught and Three Springs where I taught. We saw some lovely wildflowers between Eneabba and Lake Indoon. We plan to stop here for a couple of nights.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23096 on: September 10, 2019, 08:26:40 am »
Beautiful spot, Cookie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23097 on: September 10, 2019, 11:02:44 am »
It looks so peaceful there Cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23098 on: September 10, 2019, 06:05:50 pm »
Well today was just Radiation for DM . So we go in everyday or Radiation and  cemo is only on Mondays ! It feels like an eternity since I got here . DM is ok but very tense I think . Hard to help her with food she really does not want much food but tried to eat for me , half her dinner was eaten , fish and vegetables. Days get taken up with phone calls not really much else , we took her dog to a new park again which is good for both. Feel pulled as I need to be on top of everything for DD and DS , they love thier DG to bits . I stress that it will be too much for  DD when school work commitments need to be met now . Tomorrow is another day . Do not want to leave but best to get home and get as much done as possible ready for the next week .
Love the flowers Cookie , was a great spot to camp .
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 06:08:48 pm by K Atie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23099 on: September 11, 2019, 09:14:38 am »
KAtie I really feel for you. You are being torn different ways. It’s very hard.

Most of the everlastings and similar are finished up here. We saw lots last year though. The wreath flower is looking beautiful at the moment. It can be hard to find, but with a little bit of inside information. We found heaps.
This afternoon we went out past our farm (which we no longer own!) and did my old school bus route. It was good fun.