Author Topic: Hi Everyone :)  (Read 4863 times)

Offline Renlor

• View Profile
Hi Everyone :)
« on: November 19, 2010, 11:04:21 am »
Hi Everyone,

I have been sitting back reading your posts on and off over the last year.  I have owned a Thermomix coming up a year now, and don't use it anywhere near enough!  Which is totally all my own fault...as I find the choice of what you can make overwhelming and end up making myself a sandwich after an hour of perusing recipes  ;)

So I have joined this forum as a big motivator to myself to get the use out of this awesome machine!

Looking forward to cooking up a storm..... ciao for now, Renae :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone :)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:34:24 am »
Hi Renae, welcome to the forum after all this time.  If we haven't been able to inspire you in the past year, we really have our work cut out for us don't we?  I understand with cooking of any description these days, with the internet especially, there are so many recipes at our fingertips and it can all become too hard to choose something to do.  I tend to print out anything I like the sound of and isn't too far removed from what we like to eat (although I must admit we are eating things now with the TMX that I have never tried before) and each week put a selection of recipes on top of the microwave.  I just work my way through them, sometimes they don't get done so if they sit there too long they go back in the folder and another lot finds it way to the microwave. I buy the ingredients for all the recipes I have set aside so that I am ready to go - I have around 6 recipes there & it saves having to go through hundreds of recipes looking for something for tea.   So, that is my advice to you - pick out a few recipes, get the ingredients, start cooking  and enjoying your machine.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:21:02 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »
Hi Renae and welcome to the forum.You have certainly come to the right place to get you cooking with your TM.I agree with judydawn pick a few recipes get the ingredients and start cooking.Once you get into the habit of using your TM it will become second nature to use it.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:34:57 pm »
Hi Renae

Welcome to the forum.  Like you, I read this forum for quite a while before joining earlier this week, a move I am very excited about as, like the TMX, the forum is a whole new experience for me.

I've had my TMX for approx. 6 months now and at first I was totally hooked on risottos, they are so easy and, as far as I was concerned, they were the best thing since sliced bread! but then I made a promise to myself to branch out and try at least one new recipe a week and it worked really well.  I now have developed quite a few that I make regularly, but I'm still sticking to my 'rule' of at least one new recipe per week.  It works really well and I am becoming much more adventurous - something as simple as custard in my TMX was a revelation as I had always been too wary to try making real custard the "traditional" way before, now dishes like trifle feature almost every time we have guests for dinner.

Cooking is now, simply, a joy, so good luck and experiment like mad, it's great fun.

Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 10:12:49 pm »
Welcome Renior. Hope we can inspire you to use your TMX more often. As well as the advice in previous posts, my tip is to have your TMX live on the kitchen bench so it is easy to access everyday and use it for something at least once everyday. Keep us posted on your progress
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 12:40:01 am »
Hi Renae and welcome to this forum - you will certainly get some ideas from the threads of this forum. Enjoy!

Cheers

Robyn - aka johnro
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 06:13:29 am »
Welcome Renae. I'm glad you've jooined the forum and hopefully you'll gain your motivation back for using the TMX. As members have said do one new recipe a week. I actually plan my recipes for a week at a time and when I'm doing it I look through all my new TMX recipes and select at least one to try.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Renlor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 07:04:37 am »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome  ;D

I've picked out a few favourites to get cooking with....I have been pouring through all the recipes and have only just now realised that there are recipe indexes at the top...doh!   :-))  Thanks heaps for that awesome idea!!!

Cheers,

Renae :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 07:07:37 am »
Renae you will find that the recipe indexes at the top are no where near complete. WE started doing them then stopped as the forum may have been undergoing a major upheaval.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 01:07:08 pm »
That
I tend to print out anything I like the sound of and isn't too far removed from what we like to eat (although I must admit we are eating things now with the TMX that I have never tried before) and each week put a selection of recipes on top of the microwave.  I just work my way through them, sometimes they don't get done so if they sit there too long they go back in the folder and another lot finds it way to the microwave. I buy the ingredients for all the recipes I have set aside so that I am ready to go - I have around 6 recipes there & it saves having to go through hundreds of recipes looking for something for tea.   So, that is my advice to you - pick out a few recipes, get the ingredients, start cooking  and enjoying your machine.  Good luck.

That's a good idea JD, I also get overwhelmed with the amount of wonderful recipes to try (and by then the baby is up and I have to do something where I can stay in one spot in the kitchen - with bub attached to my leg  >:() I'm going to try your way, print out 5 or so recipes one night and shop for the ingredients I don't have. Then I'll be on my way to menu plan for the week.  :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 04:05:06 am »
Hi Renae (belatedly) - hope the enthusiasm & usage has increased
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.