Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6150284 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5985 on: January 02, 2013, 10:18:36 am »
No Cookie, Costco hasn't made an appearance in SA yet.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: January 02, 2013, 12:55:50 pm »
Grabbed a few bargains and stuffed the boot with 120 rolls of toilet paper!!!

I think toilet paper is the mandantory purchase at Costco! -just because it really is ridiculous :) I bought lots the first time and then realised how sensible it was to just buy it in bulk once than have to carry the cumbersome rolls with my regular shopping. 
I also love their frozen berries and quinoa...and tinned tomatoes...and. ..and...and...
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: January 02, 2013, 01:22:15 pm »
I've travelled into London to spend the day with DD and GS.It's DD birthday ;D Bought her a silver bracelet and handmade pottery soup bowls.We're going to have supper altogether after GS has gone to bed tonight. ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: January 02, 2013, 01:46:55 pm »
Hope you have a lovely time with the family CC.  :)
A Happy Birthday to your DD and a cuddle for Louis  :D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: January 02, 2013, 09:20:45 pm »
Grabbed a few bargains and stuffed the boot with 120 rolls of toilet paper!!!

I think toilet paper is the mandantory purchase at Costco! -just because it really is ridiculous :) I bought lots the first time and then realised how sensible it was to just buy it in bulk once than have to carry the cumbersome rolls with my regular shopping.  
I also love their frozen berries and quinoa...and tinned tomatoes...and. ..and...and...
Snap. Bought 6kgs of frozen berries, slab of tinned tomatoes, craisons, baking paper, etc. and found 1 litre of pure maple syrup! I originally thought Costco was full of American rubbish but am learning you can find great bargains ;D

Have a lovely day CC.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5990 on: January 02, 2013, 09:25:35 pm »
Well after 2 days I finally finished my entire kitchen spring clean ;D, it feel so nice to open a cupboard and it be nice and clean and tidy.
Now for another room :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: January 02, 2013, 10:00:09 pm »
Back at work, 10 hrs today.
Well done everyone especially JD!

Lovely pic Gert.

Got my tax stuff sent off to accountant at PO by DH today, that was a good thing done.
Still some files to sort with DH  help.

Night all. 12 hour day tomorrow, best try to sleep.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:16 pm »
It must be such a long day for you DJ, not only looking after the kids but doing the housework as well - you are earning your wages there for sure!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: January 02, 2013, 10:14:07 pm »
It is Judy, but i only tidy and do laundry, there is a full time cleaner...... I just am glad of the work....
Miss being at home a bit though, so little gets done with these longer days.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: January 02, 2013, 10:15:46 pm »
DJ what do the parents do.
Do they work long hours..

Great that you have the work though. :)

spring cleaning here today
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline JenJan

• View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: January 03, 2013, 01:03:20 am »
Oh how I love my Timmy! It's going to be 'hot' here in Melbourne over the next day or two, so this morning I marinaded some chicken in the TM tikka paste I had in the fridge and popped it in the oven alongside the lamb chops I covered with left over TM saag sauce that I'd frozen. So we're set for the next two nights...the family can choose from the menu (!) and microwave as desired. That's what I call cool cooking! :D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: January 03, 2013, 01:20:59 am »
Good idea JenJan. You are very organized.

Just took the Christmas tree and decorations down.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:07 am »
we did that today to DG
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: January 03, 2013, 01:36:07 am »
DH is back to work today, so the kids and I are just trying to settle into our own groove again...DH is not one to sit still, so the kids get used to "doing things" all the time, and I like them to just cruise around a bit. 

That said, we have been out to the fabric shop to buy material to make their cousin a dress for her birthday, and we've been shopping for a curtain track for our bedroom.  IMaybe we can FINALLY have a curtain on the side window!  (after a mere 18 mths)

Done lots of washing and the kids have been playing with water pistols ("watering the garden" they tell me).
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: January 03, 2013, 02:01:11 am »
Got back from our beach holiday yesterday afternoon, did 2 loads of washing yesterday, another 2 loads today, probably have at least another 3 loads to go! Had to take our own linen, plus had a housesitter here so need to wash linen she was using, plus clothes, beach towels blah blah blah.
Back at work today, but working from home as no school holiday programs until the 7th Jan. Sitting in the study trying to ignore the mess kids are making in the rest of the house  :(. Catching up on the forum, no way I can read all the posts I missed while I was away, hope I didn't miss anything major!
Melbourne, inner north