Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037030 times)

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #420 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20:02 am »
Astarra, so sorry to hear your news. It is terribly devastating. Especially like you say after the 12 wks scan. I lost two after my first two and was around the 12 wk mark. Had heartbeats on both previously. 18 wks just makes it worse. My heart goes out to you. I'm very thankful that when I was just thinking all was lost I fell pregnant and all was great. People often comment on my gap and 2 8 and almost 10, but they have no idea how grateful I am for him.

Big hugs. X
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #421 on: June 30, 2012, 04:37:02 am »
My sister lost 2 babies at 19 weeks within 6 months of each other. It is such a hard time to go through. I'm really feeling for you at the moment. Monday is going to be a tough day for you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But I'm so happy that you have your wonderful family with you to give lots of cuddles and love to help you get through this tough time in your life.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 30, 2012, 06:19:20 am »
Astarra - am so sorry for your loss. We lost our first at 19wk 3d and it was a huge shock to our family.

Rest, take it easy and cry as much as you want. We have a little Remembrance ceremony every time we return to Honolulu - as that is where our loss occurred. It never ceases to make us teary whenever we remember even 8yrs on.
Kylie

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 30, 2012, 07:19:27 am »
Just got back from shopping. Bought Cuisinart 6l pressure cooker. Going to try it out for dinner tonight. I hope I can work it out
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #424 on: June 30, 2012, 07:22:52 am »
So sad for you Astarra...

DG, that's exciting. I love Cuisinart products and I love my PC. Except it's misbehaving lately and won't seal properly unless I fiddle with it for ages.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

mcmich

« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2012, 07:49:35 am »
Just got back from shopping. Bought Cuisinart 6l pressure cooker. Going to try it out for dinner tonight. I hope I can work it out

Very nice DG...let us know how you go.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 30, 2012, 08:30:32 am »
Just back from a very breezy Aami stadium, luckily it didn't rain.  Good come back Crows, I'm a bit hoarse :))

We haven't eaten since breakfast so we are looking forward to dinner in the restaurant, have reserved a window seat with a view of the lake, can relax now. 😍

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 30, 2012, 08:56:14 am »
The pressure cooker was reduced. Originally $180, got it for $120 at Robins Kitchen. Also bought Suzanne Gibbs The Pressure Cooker Recipe Book.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

mcmich

« Reply #428 on: June 30, 2012, 09:00:24 am »
That cookbook has had some good reviews on here DG. I want to get it but really don't need another cookbook.
Was my New Years Resolution not to buy any more cook books or magazines other Donna Hay...lasted until about 6th January.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2012, 09:09:05 am »
LoL michele. I will buy the WW pressure cookbook on Monday and that's it. I get more recipes off here than any cookbook, but sometimes I do like looking at the pictures.

Online Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 30, 2012, 09:13:26 am »
Today, and tomorrow .... STOCKTAKE - worst weekend of the year!  For everyone else doing EOFY stocktake, hope it's going smoothly for you.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:53 am »
Just back from a very breezy Aami stadium, luckily it didn't rain.  Good come back Crows, I'm a bit hoarse :))

We haven't eaten since breakfast so we are looking forward to dinner in the restaurant, have reserved a window seat with a view of the lake, can relax now.

Sounds like a lovely day Julie :D

Was my New Years Resolution not to buy any more cook books or magazines other Donna Hay...lasted until about 6th January.

LOL Michele :-))

mcmich

« Reply #432 on: June 30, 2012, 09:55:19 am »
LoL michele. I will buy the WW pressure cookbook on Monday and that's it. I get more recipes off here than any cookbook, but sometimes I do like looking at the pictures.

I have the WW pressure cooker book.
Think I will resurrect the New Year Resolution thread and see how everyone else is going.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #433 on: June 30, 2012, 10:27:40 am »
Had a really lovely lunch and afternoon at the Diggers Club grounds at Herronswood, Dromana. The cafe, Fork to Fork, is really really good - all veg grown organically there nd all meat and seafood, cheese and wine local.  Had a lovely wander around the grounds and gardens. All inspired about the veggie patch now. Amazing what fruits and veg are growing well there in late June!
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 30, 2012, 11:24:45 am »
had a few family over for morning tea to see my DD22 off to Europe for a month  :'( just crying, cos I wish it was me! Made some EDC pikelets, sausage rolls, and date and walnut muffins. everyone looked at it and said "oh so much food" so was surprised how little there was left. Was marvelling at how such a spread cost me so little (prob about $5 worth of ingredients that I actually had to buy as everything was on hand) and how much the equivalent would have cost in a cafe. Mum and dad had to go back to the country, so I made some of JD's Chicken and Vege soup for them to eat first and bought some bread to go with it.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand