Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4478824 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3915 on: July 10, 2012, 01:15:16 am »
Yes ES, the fact that its not jumping around on a stove top is a plus.

I am a bit concerned about all the fiddling, but I suppose I will get used to it.

Pc & pc books all on their way to my house ;D

Good shopping Maddy, just wondered why youwant a magimix when you habpve wonderful TM.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: July 10, 2012, 01:34:48 am »
Good shopping Maddy, just wondered why youwant a magimix when you habpve wonderful TM.

Seems odd, doesn't it  :P but I love the processor.
I use it for proper grating, slicing and I really wanted that french fry cutter and dicer ( I hate dicing with a passion!).....which unfortunately the TM can't do.
Mine is quite old now, and the feed tube is too small and so is the bowl, plus mine doesnt have the option to use other sorts of disks.. Washing it has never been an issue for me, I like the quickness.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:38:34 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: July 10, 2012, 02:22:03 am »
I had time for a leisurely stroll Victoria Market on Sunday and found what I could only describe as a "Maddie" type shop, called Madam Pompadour - I took one look inside and immediately thought of you, Maddie.  Unfortunately they didn't have a card and the sales person was ignoring me, so can't give you the contact, however, it is one of the shops that face Victoria Street on one side and the market on the other side.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3918 on: July 10, 2012, 02:37:58 am »
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:11 am »
http://www.madamepompadour.com.au/

Bum, I can't load the page...curious now  :P

I had time for a leisurely stroll Victoria Market on Sunday and found what I could only describe as a "Maddie" type shop, called Madam Pompadour - I took one look inside and immediately thought of you, Maddie.  Unfortunately they didn't have a card and the sales person was ignoring me, so can't give you the contact, however, it is one of the shops that face Victoria Street on one side and the market on the other side.

Oooh, sounds like I must investigate!  I haven't been to the Vic market in years....and actually we are going to Melb. Tomorrow....the MCG tour (big yawns for me, but the boys wanted to go)....plus the DFO is at the station  ;).....so if we have time, might have to tram it down there  8)

Oh, I settled on the mid size one

The largest one was a little too big and commercial sized.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:48:15 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3920 on: July 10, 2012, 03:47:15 am »
What brand?  I bought a tortilla pess in the usa and in a nightmare to use does the press and cook or do you still have to roll/press  first?

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: July 10, 2012, 03:47:45 am »
Maddy send the boys to the MCG and you go to Madam Pompadour.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3922 on: July 10, 2012, 03:56:35 am »
What brand?  I bought a tortilla pess in the usa and in a nightmare to use does the press and cook or do you still have to roll/press  first?
opps seems I am way behind on this thread.....just started using tapatalk and didnt know there were 3 more pages>:(

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: July 10, 2012, 04:39:36 am »
Maddie, you might want to check the location of DFO, the one that was above southern cross station has been turned into just normal shops I think and DFO moved to a new location near the Hilton (sorry can't remember the exact name). I haven't been to the shops above Southern Cross since it's changed hands so not sure what's there anymore.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: July 10, 2012, 04:41:41 am »
... I also think Vic Market is closed on Wednesdays - best to check before heading up there, just to be on the safe side.

thanks for putting the link up, Knittercook.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: July 10, 2012, 04:44:07 am »
Deeau, I'm presuming you are referring to the crepe maker?  No you would still need to roll out but it's a nice sized surface in which to toast the tortillas.  :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:16 am »
Maddie, you might want to check the location of DFO, the one that was above southern cross station has been turned into just normal shops I think and DFO moved to a new location near the Hilton (sorry can't remember the exact name). I haven't been to the shops above Southern Cross since it's changed hands so not sure what's there anymore.

BUM!

Insert Quote
... I also think Vic Market is closed on Wednesdays - best to check before heading up there, just to be on the safe side.

DOUBLE BUM!

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:36 am »
I Love Melbourne and the Vic markets......
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3928 on: July 10, 2012, 06:15:28 am »
Well thanks to Stacelee I have just brought these. Pick up tomorrow from Harvey Norman. (I did order my fitbit pedometer online but once I realized they were at Harvey Norman I cancelled my online order and will pick it up inserted) :D

Pedometer (pink)

Scales (white)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: July 10, 2012, 06:20:58 am »
A new fridge tomorrow :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url