Author Topic: Storage ideas?  (Read 16136 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Storage ideas?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 12:20:45 pm »
I use mainly Decor for my pantry. It is a horrid mess. I have flour etc all in canisters but it is the bits and pieces, like half finished tiny teddies, and DD's chocolates that sit on the shelf and fall off.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:35 am »
Michelle, where did you buy your tupperware from overseas.

I would love more, but its so expensive.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 01:40:17 am »
The thing that annoys me most is that Tupperware doesn't nest like Decor does.  How on earth did they get that so wrong?  I have a mix of both, and the Decor stacks so much better and stays so much neater in the cupboard when it is not being used.

We get our fruit and veg once a fortnight through an co-op and I store it in a mix of fridge smarts and reusable green bags (that keep the produce longer).  Tupperware says that you shouldn't need to store your fridge smarts as they should always be in the fridge with produce in them, unfortunately for me, by the end of 2 weeks, they are almost all empty and I have to find somewhere to put them.  Why oh why can't they nest?  ???

I would love to know how to keep a plastics cupboard tidy though....

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 05:50:00 am »
Hi Pippa, I just put back the empty clean fridgesmart back into the fridge ready to be refilled.  Same with the other Tupperware that goes in the fridge.  They all have their home regardless of full or empty.  That way they are always cold as well.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 05:57:02 am »
I have the fridgesmart, I find the long ones very bulky in my fridge & sometimes a nuisance. Do tou thi k they really keep the veg fresher longer?

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Tam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 06:04:46 am »

Obbie, we have our whole pantry decked out with modular mates too.  We bought ours from a tupperware distributer in Malaysia - about 1/3 of the cost it is to buy it here.  I had troubles with my conscience at first as I like to support Australian businesses but then I got over it and realised how much they are ripping us off!!!!!!    The tupperware is exactly the same, arrives promptly at your door and is CHEAP. If you go on to e bay and google tupperware modular mates - look for tupperware coming from Malaysia and it'll be the one!!!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 06:25:31 am »
Thanks Tam, I looked at ebay today, modular mates, and there was one from Malaysia.

I'll get some more from them.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 06:40:33 am »

Obbie, we have our whole pantry decked out with modular mates too.  We bought ours from a tupperware distributer in Malaysia - about 1/3 of the cost it is to buy it here.  I had troubles with my conscience at first as I like to support Australian businesses but then I got over it and realised how much they are ripping us off!!!!!!    The tupperware is exactly the same, arrives promptly at your door and is CHEAP. If you go on to e bay and google tupperware modular mates - look for tupperware coming from Malaysia and it'll be the one!!!

I've just had a look there - it is SO much cheaper! Could you tell me if this is this the genuine Tupperware made in the USA . . and not elsewhere?  It doesn't say on the listing . . . thanks!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 07:00:08 am »
Hi has anyone tried the Ultra Pro Tupperware?

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 03:09:37 pm »
Another storage tip is folding you sheets and putting them in a pillow case.  I also put thetupperware lids in plastic draws .

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 12:54:10 am »
Just looked at the cake snake page, in the testimonials page there is a picture of the cake snake in the cupboard with the Thermomix base sitting beside it......what the? Who keeps their TM in the cupboard?  :-\

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 02:17:17 am »
who would ever put the thermomix in a cupboard...

[/url

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 02:28:28 am »
Hi Pippa, I just put back the empty clean fridgesmart back into the fridge ready to be refilled.  Same with the other Tupperware that goes in the fridge.  They all have their home regardless of full or empty.  That way they are always cold as well.
Problem is, I usually need the space for the things I have cooked.  Will see if I can make that work as it is a good idea

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 03:49:03 am »

Hello hello and what do we have here? A little bit of unwelcome activity happening in the back of the cupboard I see...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:57:46 am by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 03:56:49 am »
CP, when I was little I remember opening the fridge and finding those little blighters all over the place.  Somehow they had escaped from Dad's container.  Do you call them 'gents' like Dad used to?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.