Author Topic: Getting ready for the delivery of Thermie?  (Read 13389 times)

Offline Lovely-lindaloo

• View Profile
Getting ready for the delivery of Thermie?
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:18:12 am »
So I have less than a week to wait now and am getting a bit organised.(little bit like planning for a baby really lol)

So I have jars  cleaned and ready to go. Have cleared out some old processed food from the pantry to make room. Have used up a few home made frozen meals to make room in the freezer.

Now I just need to plan meals for the week and do the shopping. I have a few ideas and will be cooking cauliflower soup as I
I bought  the cauliflower and then my stick blender dropped it's insides into the pumpkin soup DD was making (fate I feel) on the weekend.

What did you make when you first got yours?

Or what did you purchase in preparation?

They really should give you the cookbook when u order to help you plan. Thanks in advance  :) :)
Linda :)

Whoever buys an umbrella when it’s already raining pays nine instead of six!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting ready for the delivery of Thermie?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:34:20 am »
I think I made soup NT :D :D
Here is an old thread on what people made in theirs What was the first thing you ever made in your Thermomix
Another great resource is CP's Favourite list.Great recipes and ideas there ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Getting ready for the delivery of Thermie?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:37:32 am »
Hello and welcome the first thing I made was the custard but didn't want to eat it so I made profritteroles they were perfect and so easy my consultant thought I was a bit over zealous but hey you have to make everything the first time anyway,  pumpkin and sweet potato soup and tuna dip ;D;D
there are a lot of yummy and successful recipes on here good luck ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:19:35 am »
I made the vegetable stock so I was ready to do soups and risottos.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Getting ready for the delivery of Thermie?
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:17:10 pm »
Rissotto. But i wished I had discovered CP's list first. Also don't forget to check for tweaks to any EDC recipe you want to try. Great time saver to learn from our mistakes ;)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Getting ready for the delivery of Thermie?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 01:23:53 pm »
You'll need litres of white vinegar for cleaning,  garlic (goes in everything),  blocks of parmesan cheese,  zip lock bags,  bread flour,  olive oil... And lots of time to browse the forum! As Kimmy said,  check here before you make anything so you know what to look out for! For example I halve (if not quarter) the amount of wine in the mushroom risotto.  Happy Cooking!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Lovely-lindaloo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 11:39:09 pm »
Thanks Folks,

That's a great start,

My consultant is helping me make stock when she delivers, thought I might need it first up.

Jamberie I have added vinegar to the list, the rest of the things you mentioned are staples here, thanks for that.

CP's list is great. Thanks for the links Cornish Cream.

I think I am set now.

Bring it on.
Linda :)

Whoever buys an umbrella when it’s already raining pays nine instead of six!

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 12:41:43 am »
Not much I can add to that - love CP's list - a great place to start.  So I will just wish you welcome to the Forum and I know that you will enjoy cooking with TMX.  Look forward to hearing more from you soon.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 02:03:40 am »
They really should give you the cookbook when u order to help you plan. Thanks in advance  :) :)

I totally agree - I had to wait about 3 weeks for mine and I'd have loved to be reading over the cookbook for ideas and tips.  That's when I found this forum though, so certainly had enough reading to keep me going  :D

Have fun!!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 07:02:31 am »
flour, olive oil, cream to make butter.
cream cheese, to make dips.
I make everything now, jams, chutneys, soups, bread, its so esy.

Have fun.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 12:19:50 am »
Welcome to the forum.  When my TM was delivered I made sure I had everything here to make the vege stock.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 12:27:44 am »
jamberie, sorry if asking a stupid question but what do you use all the vinegar for? I've had my TMX for close to 3 years and don't ever remember using vinegar except in some recipes.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 01:40:42 am »
Wonder in the front of the EDC there is a standard vinegar cleaning method which should be done before using the machine for the first time - it can also be used to make sure your bowl is perfectly clean to whip egg whites as well (I've never used it for that) and at any other time to give it a good clean (I've only ever done it once).

250g white vinegar
750g water
1 tbspn bicarbonate of soda
juice of 1/2 a lemon

Clean mixing bowl, lid, seal, blades and MC in hot, soapy water.  Rise thoroughly under clean water and dry.
Return the thermomix to main console.  Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 10 mins/varoma/speed 1.
Discard bowl contents and rinse mixing bowl under cool, clean water again.  Dry with a clean towel.
If you are wanting to beat egg whites return the bowl to the main console and press briefly 3 times/1sec/ *:/Turbo.
Run a dry tea towel around the inside of the mixing bowl to remove any residual moisture.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 03:39:59 am »
jamberie, sorry if asking a stupid question but what do you use all the vinegar for? I've had my TMX for close to 3 years and don't ever remember using vinegar except in some recipes.

Wonder thanks for asking. I was curious too. When I whip egg whites I usually wipe my bowl out with vinegar. Perhaps I should clean it with the vinegar etc on e a month or so.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 04:48:36 am »
I do the vinegar clean before whipping egg whites, just thought I was supposed to  ???
:D