Author Topic: Question on Scales  (Read 6571 times)

Offline Trissalicious

• View Profile
Question on Scales
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:52:41 pm »
Hi Guys!

It's Trissa from Trissalicious - got a question on the scales, my TM scale is off - not by much, but around 5 to 10 grams... I know this because I've got a scale and I weighed somethings on the regular scale and the TM and found that the TM was off by around that much.... sometimes by 15 grams. 

THen I got my Chinese scales which were exactly 200 grams (just to make sure my regular scale wasnt off) - and I noticed the same thing.  TM was off.

Also, my scale on measures in increments of 10 grams after the first 100...

Is this normal? 

Thank you!
Trissa

Offline whisks

• View Profile
Re: Question on Scales
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:00:11 pm »

that's right, but what you say about being out by up to 15 g doesn't sound right. tell you consultant so you can have it checked.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 01:05:11 pm »
your scales should be correct. just make sure that your cord is not twisted around or the machine is not resting on the cord.... Press the weight button so it reads 0.00 and then put your MC in the jug -- anywhere between 25 & 30g is correct. sometimes before you start a recipe you may like to do this just to make sure that everything will be weighed in correctly.

Contact your consultant if you still require assistance after doing this.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Trissalicious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 01:31:36 pm »
your scales should be correct. just make sure that your cord is not twisted around or the machine is not resting on the cord.... Press the weight button so it reads 0.00 and then put your MC in the jug -- anywhere between 25 & 30g is correct. sometimes before you start a recipe you may like to do this just to make sure that everything will be weighed in correctly.

Contact your consultant if you still require assistance after doing this.

Hi!  I checked all these already but it is still off.  When you say anywhere between 25 to 30 g is correct - what does this mean?

Thanks sooo much!

Offline Trissalicious

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 01:32:52 pm »

that's right, but what you say about being out by up to 15 g doesn't sound right. tell you consultant so you can have it checked.

Hi!  SO TM can only measure in increments of 10 g after the first 100 for you too?  Is that the normal increment for TM?

Thanks!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 01:39:07 pm »
I think the MC (measuring cup) should weigh 25g if the machine is weighing correctly. I check mine quite often.  I find if my machine has moved to the back of my kitchen bench near the slashback (as it does when kneading) my MC weighs 30g and when it is positioned at the front of my bench it weighs 25g.  Crazy I know but I think there must be a slight slope that effects the scales.

Have a little play around with your machine and see what happens.  :)

P.S - Check to see that the feet under the machine are nice and clean.  If they get dirty the scales can be effected.

Offline Trissalicious

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 01:59:48 pm »
Thanks for this tip - strangely enough - the cup weighs 25 g on the TM and 31 g on the scale!  I feel much better now... I'll see how I go for a few days...

Trissa

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 02:54:12 pm »
Trissa, insert your MC into your lid with the opening up, press the scale button and fill it to the brim with water. It should weigh 100g. This is how we now teach customers to check their scales as the MC holds 100 ml. It will be FULL to the BRIM to weigh the 100g.

As everyone else has said, check that the feet are clean, the cord is fully extended and nothing is touching your TMX when you are weighing.

And yes the scales weigh in increments of 5g to 100g and then AFTER 100g they weigh in increments of 10g - that is normal  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 12:57:23 am »
Something that you've probably already thought of, but just in case.  When you need to weigh for eg 125g into the bowl, I weigh in 25g first, reset the scale, then weigh in 100g.  :)

Offline Trissalicious

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:16 pm »
Hi All!

@JulieO - thanks for the tip Duh!  Why didn't I think of that@

@faffa_70 - I'll try this 100 g tip right now!  I'd be keen to see how this turns out.