Author Topic: Oh! oh! I just want it!!!!!!  (Read 8533 times)

Offline the_vermins

• View Profile
Oh! oh! I just want it!!!!!!
« on: November 14, 2009, 01:35:50 pm »
I've still got 10 days till I have my demo at home and can order my TMX.  Thankfully, living in WA means I'll get it delivered quick smart but I JUST WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was talking to one of my colleagues today and mentioned I was going to buy one, then we got talking about it THEN we even found wheat at the farmers markets that I could make flour out of!!  I'd be able to have my own fresh milled flour. 

Oh! I WANT IT NOW!!!  >:(

Sorry, just REAAAAAAAAALLLLLlY impatient right now.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Oh! oh! I just want it!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:24:39 pm »
Hmmm not wanting to step on toes here, BUT can't your consultant order it for you now and deliver at your demo?? That is what I do for my customers that know they want a TMX. That way it is quicker all round. Even living in WA there can still be up to a week turn around if it is busy (which with the 9 months interest free at the moment it is!!)

p.s. which farmers market are you talking about

pps....you are allowed to be impatient lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline the_vermins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:47:19 pm »
The Gero farmers markets.  Went down for the first time in ages.  It was fabulous.  I would order now but I want my hubby there for the demo to reiterate why I want to buy it.

Sigh... Just gonna go back to waiting now...

Do you think I'd be weird to take my Bimby with meon holiday? LOL!  I'm going to my parents place and my ILs for Xmas and New Years.  I reckon it could get a beating while we're away too! ha ha!  It'd be well packed in the car.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 05:43:41 pm »
It's worth waiting for - I had my demo in February but didn't get my machine until May, partly because we were away from home for a few months and I didn't want to start using it in an unfamiliar kitchen and partly because I wanted to be good and take delivery on my actual birthday.

I don't think I've ever been so impatient as I was during the waiting time and I almost didn't sleep the night before it arrived.  How sad am I?  :D

Hope you manage to contain your excitement and that you don't have to wait for too long. 

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 10:58:20 pm »
Do you think I'd be weird to take my Bimby with meon holiday? LOL!  I'm going to my parents place and my ILs for Xmas and New Years.  I reckon it could get a beating while we're away too! ha ha!  It'd be well packed in the car.
I always take mine away with me. I have just bought a carry bag but before that just made sure it was well packed in the car & that no-one put anything on top of it. Can't possibly leave it at home when we are on holidays. Thats when I have the most time to play with it ;D ;D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 11:58:44 pm »
Wow I didn't know Gero had farmers markets!!  :o :o :o

There is nothing wrong at all taking it away with you. You would be surprised how many of us do it :-)) :-))

The best advice is like Jan said and purchase the carry bag - it is the same one that the consultants use (have a look at it when you have your demo ;)) that way it keeps everything well protected - especially your scales. $120.00 well spent  ;D

Offline the_vermins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 07:44:20 am »
Yep.  Gero got our very own Farmers Markets back in May.  They're a huge hit with the locals and very well serviced by the surrounding producers. 

Will definitely consider the bag when I have the demo.  Most of the time our trips are camping holidays, but this one we'll be staying with family mostly so will have access to power.  Glad I'm not a nit wit for wanting to take it away with me! LOL!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 09:22:33 am »
It's definitely OK to want it now. There have been many of us that have counted down the days.
I take mine away with me in the caravan and it is wonderful. I have one of the bags for it as it makes it so easy to carry everything. We often pass through Geraldton, so if you you see van loaded down with a TMX, wave, it could be us. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »
The Gero farmers markets.  .........  I reckon it could get a beating while we're away too! ha ha!  It'd be well packed in the car.

Love it - just had a mock Australian Citizenship Test email sent to me and deleted it as I had seen it before, but Gero reminded me ....  for all you foreigners, we luv to make things/towns/people into something ending in "o".  So Gero is actually Geraldton.

There is also an adveretisement about workers's compenstion about Davo, Robbo, Stevo, Johnno whose mate is off on compo!

The alternative is to end things in "ie" => barbie, tinnie, bickie, wheelie, pressie, chuck a wobblie

I am, You are, We are Aussies !!!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 03:01:01 pm »
Too true Tmixer1  :D

I'm lucky enough to have purchased my bag for $50 because I had a demo at our Breast Cancer Fundraiser and my consultant sold a TMX there. I'm definitely taking it on my Xmas holiday!! Don't know about our caravan holiday, I think DH would baulk at that, he's always whining about the weight of the van. :-\

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 09:07:52 pm »
This is the first I am hearing about a  Carry Bag...    I do not see it listed in the "Accessories" section in my manual. 
How does someone in the U.S.A. order one?

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 10:37:24 pm »
Thanks for that explanation Thermomixer - I'm an Aussie through and through and even have rellies in Geraldton but I didn't know where Gero was when it was first discussed here. Der!!  But then, I did think a while back that Wang (Wangaratta for our overseas members) was in Asia - nothing wrong with me :-)) :-)) :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 02:39:12 am »
Well JD what a small world it really is!!! lol MeaganJane even knows my rellies  :o :o

Offline the_vermins

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 03:25:33 am »
ROFL!! Ha ha!! Sorry all.  I just make the assumption people know what I meant by Gero. :D  Yes it is Geraldton WA.  Sun city and one of the windiest cities on earth.  (Well if you can call 30,000 people a city... LOL!)

I wonder if I'll be able to get hold of one of those wonderful bags cheaper... Hee hee hee...

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:32:05 am »
As well as all the 'o' ending we Aussies like to make names into Gazza, Jazza etc. It's no wonder people look at us when they hear us speaking like this. Even our every day language can be difficult. I have a niece in law who speaks English perfectly but who has difficulty following our speech because of the colloquialisms  and yet we don't realise we're using them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/