Author Topic: Chocolate Chip Biscuits  (Read 4298 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Chocolate Chip Biscuits
« on: July 10, 2013, 03:45:15 am »
I know there are a few choc chip cookies around, but after making these today for DS's school PTA fundraiser, I thought another recipe here might not go amiss.  Very simple, and no eggs.

Chocolate Chip Biscuits
adapted from the Edmonds Cookery Book (a staple in most NZ kitchens)

Ingredients
130g butter
55g sugar
2 tblsp sweetened condensed milk
few drops vanilla essence
240g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
40g dark choc chips

Method

Cream butter, sugar, condensed milk & vanilla essence together 30sec sp 3-4, or until light an creamy (I beat it a little longer as the butter was quite hard today)
Add remaining ingredients and knead for 30sec - 1 min until it starts to form a dough (looks like breadcrumbs for the first 20+ seconds of kneading).  

Form into cookies and place on a lined tray.  Bake at 170deg for 8-12 minutes depending on size of cookies.  I made 16 (fairly large) biscuits from a batch, and took about 12 min to bake (I like them quite pale).

Notes:
These are not the kind of "cookie" that spreads over the tray as they bake - you don't need to leave much room for spreading.  They are almost shortbread-like in texture, not soft and gooey in the middle like some recipes.

Please excuse the less-than-wonderful photo from my phone

members' comments

Suzanne -  I made them bite size and they are delicious, not a great photo and certainly not as pretty as yours jo.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:20:37 am by judydawn »
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: Chocolate Chip Biscuits
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:30:43 am »
They look perfect Jo. You can never have enough chocolate chip cookie recipes :)

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Biscuits
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:43:05 am »
Thanks jo they look great I'll make some tomorrow since my biscuit barrel is empty again ::) never can there be too many choc chip cookie recipes;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »
The photo looks good. All forms of choc chip cookie recipes are very welcome.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Chocolate Chip Biscuits
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 04:02:23 am »
I made these this morning after yesterday was a wash out.i made them bite size and they are delicious not a great photo and certainly not as pretty as yours jo ;D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 01:42:26 am »
They look good to me! I usually make small ones too, only made them bigger as they were for the school lunch fundraiser. Then he kids cannot have two and think they are getting a big treat  ;)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.