Author Topic: Lemon Chicken Parcels Meal - Daniela Renno  (Read 21861 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Lemon Chicken Parcels Meal - Daniela Renno
« on: March 24, 2011, 07:52:33 pm »
This is a recipe from the Thermomix UK site, do pay them a visit and have a browse of their recipes.  They have some lovely things.

The URL for this recipe is http://www.ukthermomix.com/recshow.php?rec_id=110  I've copied and pasted the recipe below:

“This chicken is just soooooooo tender and it all cooks at the same time” – a meal for 2 from Daniela Renno. About 7 minutes to assemble and 30 minutes steaming time. Can be doubled to serve 4.
Ingredients
2 skinless chicken breast fillets
freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1 to 2 tsp per chicken breast
herb salt to sprinkle
100 g fine green beans
2 bacon rashers
1 medium potato per person (or equivalent new potatoes)
carrots, peeled and sliced
1 litre water

Method
1. Wrap chicken breast fillets in individual foil parcels with some lemon juice and herb salt on top of each piece of chicken. Place the sealed parcels in the Varoma. Wrap half the green beans with a bacon rasher, repeat with the other half. Place in the Varoma with the chicken parcels.

2. Cut the potatoes in chunks about 3 cm size and place in the internal steaming basket. Put carrots in the upper Varoma tray. Add the water to the TM bowl, insert the internal steaming basket, place the Varoma and Varoma Tray on top of the TM lid (without the Measuring Cup). Cover the Varoma and steam 30 minutes/Varoma Temperature/Speed 1.

Janie's Tip:
Can be doubled easily – just cook the chicken parcels in the Varoma and the green beans wrapped in bacon with the carrots on the Varoma Tray.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline lucjar

• View Profile
Re: Lemon Chicken Parcels Meal - Daniela Renno
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:45:20 am »
Thanks for the recipe, it was a hit in our household.  I used Chicken Thigh Fillets (because that's what I had in the freezer) and they worked perfectly.

So quick and easy!  Thanks again!!!!  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:33:04 am »
I thought it would be lucjar - glad someone tried it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 07:57:08 pm »
I made this today and we really enjoyed it.  I didn't do the beans, but just put in the veg I had to hand in the upper varoma tray (broccoli, courgette, pak choi).  The veg was slightly overcooked on this timing,  but not bad.  Next time I'd either do bigger chunks or put it in for the last 20 minutes.

There will definitely be a next time, say DH and DD1  ;D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Kayc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:32:39 am »
Had this last night. Very impressed with the chicken, lovely and juicy. The fillets were quite thick and the 30mins cooking was just right.  I put lemon juice, lemon slices and pesto on top. Will certainly do this again.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 11:11:24 am »
I have this ready to go for tea tonight. I left my upper tray in our Albany house, so had to put the beans and carrots in the bottom tray with the chicken. I did peeled whole baby carrots.

I topped the chicken breasts with a mixture of chicken stock powder, parsley, oregano, garlic and onion powder, then placed lemon slices on top and poured the lemon juice over. I also buttered the foil.

Fingers crossed...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 01:10:36 pm »
Well, the chicken wasn't cooked after 30 minutes. The chicken breasts I used were fairly large. I had quickly fired the bean bundles to brown the bacon a bit. So, the pan was still hot and I fried the chicken breasts until cooked right through. Only a minute or so was needed. Next time, I'd slice them prior to cooking but not through to the base.
I mashed the potato and sweet potato with a little cream. I felt the whole dish needed a sauce.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand