Author Topic: Another enthusiast in Perth  (Read 6598 times)

Offline whats4t

• View Profile
Another enthusiast in Perth
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:59:08 am »
Ola! I stumbled  on to "Thermomix" when I was googling a recipe for lemon bar and got to Ximena's blog.  My curiosity led me to more googling and  I found reviews on taste.com. following which I booked a demo and was convinced our family had to have one.
My husband and daughter have enjoyed using T angel, which we received a week ago, thankyou - Elisabeth! I am not quite sure about using the Varooma and will be getting another demo this week. I am so glad to be on annual leave, so I can "practice". 

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Another enthusiast in Perth
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:43:36 am »
welcome whats4t! nice to see you join us in our obsession :D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 02:30:02 pm »
welcome whats4t! nice to see you join us in our obsession :D

LOL brazen that is exactly what it becomes. Hmm now what can I make in the TM... is a contemplation of mine regularly during the day
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:42:43 pm by faffa_70 »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:32:33 pm »
Welcome to our forum, do you have Spanish roots - having found us thru' Lobstersquad?

You need to try using the Varoma - it really is so useful to put things in while cooking in the bowl below.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:19:16 am »
Welcome. It is a bit of an obsession. Thermomix anonymous.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline whats4t

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:29:19 am »
Thanks for the welcome :). I do not have Spanish roots,  but I do like saying Ola!  and I was looking for a lemon bar recipe and found a reference to Thermomix on Lobstersquad's blog. 

Regarding the Varooma, I  will start using it, I just am not confident to do it without a practical session. Looking forward to using it though, it is why I bought it - to save time.

Offline Patzee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 01:54:21 pm »
Hi Perthites,

Just beginning to learn about the Themomix.  Also just stumble onto it through recipe searching!  Sounds fantastic.  Can someone please convince me that it is worth the $1800 in this uncertain economic climate.  I have a lot of convincing to do to my husband before I can contemplate buying one!  Many thanks.......Patzee

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:27:15 pm »
hi patzee, i would say the best way to convince yourself and your husband is to host a demo (there is at least one WA consultant on here) and just ask the demonstrator to emphasize the cost saving benefits of owning a thermomix :D good luck!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 01:31:44 am »
Hi Patzee,
     Nice to meet you :)
     Sorry that I'm not good at giving you the advice you're looking for.  I bought mine for it's usefulness in the kitchen, and doing some things that are either time consuming or difficult without it, such as a Bearnaise Sauce or risotto.  I've really been amazed at what it can do with sauces, making them almost foolproof :)  So...  I guess you could say less flubs and thus food savings ;)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 01:37:12 am »
Hi Perthites,

Just beginning to learn about the Themomix.  Also just stumble onto it through recipe searching!  Sounds fantastic.  Can someone please convince me that it is worth the $1800 in this uncertain economic climate.  I have a lot of convincing to do to my husband before I can contemplate buying one!  Many thanks.......Patzee

HAve you been to one of the demos in Perth?  

Depends on how much and what type of cooking you do, too.  For many people it would not be suitable.  

Let us know more - how many in the family, what sorts of things do you cook now.

The machine has tremendous potential, but you need to be prepared to have it out on the bench full time and really put it to work.  

If you use it 5 days a week for 48 weeks a year for 10 years - that's less than a dollar a day.  Sound like a salesman
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 10:02:51 am »
Patzee, it's wonderful for preparing lots of foods from their natural state. eg icing sugar, almond meal, any different flours you use and as someone said absolutely brilliant for things that you normally have to stir. eg sauces, custards, risottos.
I was absolutely amazed how quickly and easily is turned rye seed into rye flour. (I hadn't meant to get rye flour, but it was done so quickly)
It is expensive though and you would have to think seriously about it. Perhaps go to one of the evenings that are run or have a demo.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Patzee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 12:33:11 am »
Thanks everyone for your replies.  I dont do a lot of cooking at the moment.  I have two sons 17 & 25, myself and husband.  We all seem to keep different schedules, so since going back to full time work we seem to be eating at different times.  So as you can see food prepared ahead of meal times would be good.  I want to get my cooking mojo back!  the last few years because of time constrains/lack of imagination we seem to eating very plain.  I have organised a demo at home in March.  Just have to think of a few appropriate guest.  Thanks again.

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 02:41:51 pm »
Patzee, if the TM doesn't give you your cooking mojo back NOTHING will!! Don't hesitate, it will save money, time and is the best darn thing to come out of Germany ever! You will love it...Thermomix is on the upside of a crest of a wave, and before you know it, everyone will have one! Your kids will cook, your husband will cook and you will cook and all in seconds! So go for it!
(Not biased at all here!) ::)

Offline anne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 03:29:18 pm »
Hi Patzee, You really need to see a demonstration if you like I'd be more than happy to come and show you the Thermomix in action and explain all the features and benefits of this wonderful appliance, by the end of the demo I'm sure your husband will be convinced that it's worth every penny.  My apologies I should have introduced myself at the beginning, I'm Anne and I'm a thermomix consultant here in Perth.   Let me know if your interested.