Author Topic: Chocolate Christmas Tree with Fruit and Nuts (with photo)  (Read 7682 times)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
Chocolate Christmas Tree with Fruit and Nuts (with photo)
« on: December 03, 2010, 06:40:27 am »
Hi all,

After much discussion about a Christmas gift for the kindergarten teachers, I decided to go with a Chocolate Christmas Tree. We are giving them today as it is the kindergarten Christmas Party so they are a bit early but never mind. I have adapted the Sunbeam Foods Choc Fruit & Nut Christmas Tree for the TMX (original at http://sunbeamfoods.com.au/recipe-library/christmas-recipes/choc-fruit-nut-christmas-tree).

Recipe: Chocolate Christmas Tree with Fruit and Nuts
Ingredients:
  • 400g dark cooking chocolate
  • 125g blanched almonds
  • 110g soft dried apricots (I used Angus Park brand)
  • 110g sultanas
  • 30g dark chocolate (extra)
  • mini M&Ms
Preparation:
1. Using template at Sunbeam recipe above, trace out each of the seven stars on baking paper. Turn paper upside down onto a baking tray.
2. Put almonds in the TMX bowl and chop on speed 6 for 2 seconds. Set aside.
3. Put apricots in the TMX bowl and chop on speed 5 for 2 seconds. Set aside with almonds.
4. Break chocolate into TMX bowl. Grate/chop chocolate on speed 8 for 5 seconds (or until it sounds "done").
5. Scrape down sides of bowl and melt chocolate on speed 3 for 2 mins at 50 degrees.
6. Scrape down sides of bowl and continue to melt on speed 3 for another 2 mins at 50 degrees.
7. Add almonds, apricots and sultanas to TMX bowl and combine on speed 3, reverse, 50 degrees for 30 seconds.
8. Spread mixture within the traced stars. You should have a small amount of mixture left over (maybe 4 tablepoons or so), so don't make the stars too thick. (Depending on how long this takes you may need to remelt the mixture in the bowl as you go). Place trays in fridge to set.
9. When the stars are set, remelt the leftover mixture in the bowl (sp3, reverse, 50 degrees, 1min).
10. Place the largest star on your plate (I used a bit of the mixture to set it into the plate), then put a teaspoon or so of the mixture on the star and add the next star offset to the first one, and so on until all stars on placed. Put back in the fridge to set again.
11. When set melt the extra chocolate and use this to dot around the tree and place mini M&Ms around.

Enjoy!
Kerryn

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chocolate Christmas Tree with Fruit and Nuts (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:57:59 am »
This looks wonderful Kerryn,lucky teachers to receive such a treat.Thanks for posting the recipe and instructions. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 11:07:42 am »
It looks lovely Kerryn. Almost makes me want to go back to work to receive one.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 11:20:42 am »
I love edible Christmas trees.  Thanks Kerryn.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.