Author Topic: Thermochef...  (Read 109489 times)

Offline Belle75

• View Profile
Re: Thermochef...
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 06:34:04 am »
Hello,

I work for an Online Kitchenware shop and we are now selling the ThermoChef. The price is $795.

We are actually having a demo on Thursday from our suppliers so I am very interested to see how it compares with the Thermomix.

I love my Thermomix so am very interested to see how they compare.

Annabel

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 07:17:10 am »
That would be interesting Annabel,
You will have to keep us posted.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Therminator

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 12:03:22 pm »
Yes, please.  Keep us posted.

Offline Penji

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2011, 02:51:52 pm »
I know I am probably preaching to the choir but I hope everyone who uses ebay does use Paypal I know an awful lot of my daughters friends don't and they have been caught out and no hope of a refund but with Paypal you are insured, just thought I would throw that in the mix.

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 03:39:11 pm »
Guy Demarle has launched a similar machine as well, this is like the Thermomix and supposedly cooks faster as it cooks by induction or something or the other, not really interested as I got my boy .
http://www.cookin-guydemarle.com/pages/fr/demonstration.php
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 02:35:47 am »
I've just been researching both the TMX and the TC for my daughter. She's on a fixed income and is looking at the TC because it's so much cheaper.

After looking at the TC sites and info, I advised her to go with the cheaper one as on a few forums I found people were saying they couldn't see any difference: Like this one

Then I came over here and read Maddy's review and sent her that link too. Thanks so much Maddy!
I also sent the Choice review for the TMX. Wish they'd hurry up and do one for the TC.

I haven't had a chance to see it live. I've totally confused her now!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 02:52:08 am »
Received a newsletter today from Everton Online (Australian company) $795 + $6.90 flat rate shipping australia wide. If you are one of the first 12 purchasers you get bonus accessories pack worth $50.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2011, 03:38:36 am »
CP, I just received that Everton email too. I really want to know how well heavy-duty things like kneading bread would go in the Thermochef. Trouble is, I'd have to get one into my kitchen to give it the same treatment as I give my TMX bread - a 5-minute knead, which is much longer than at the demos. And do it almost every day, as I do now.  I guess we really won't know for a couple of years - I wonder how long the Thermochef will last in comparison to the TMX?

I guess it is a bit like washing machines. We all have them and they all do the job, mostly reasonably well. However, I'm still really glad I paid a higher price for a respected expensive brand (German, by the way!) which experience has proven will outlast at least three of the cheaper comparision brands that my friends have bought and replaced over the years I've owned it.
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline Belle75

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2011, 04:04:36 am »
That's the company I work for Everten Online!! Demo is tomorrow so will let you all know how it goes. Already had a phone call to ask the difference between them, think I will be getting a few more of those calls!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2011, 04:42:42 am »
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/ThermoChef.HK

i am loking into it. i need one for when i am in bali.hopefully by feb 2012 was going to take TM but now i thinking maybe this will do :)
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2011, 06:01:22 am »
I've just been researching both the TMX and the TC for my daughter. She's on a fixed income and is looking at the TC because it's so much cheaper.

After looking at the TC sites and info, I advised her to go with the cheaper one as on a few forums I found people were saying they couldn't see any difference: Like this one

Then I came over here and read Maddy's review and sent her that link too. Thanks so much Maddy!
I also sent the Choice review for the TMX. Wish they'd hurry up and do one for the TC.

I haven't had a chance to see it live. I've totally confused her now!

MJ
 I would get her to wait for interest free for the Tm and do that. I have heard a story of a DH who broke their tc on the first use :0 plus the blade is not submersible at all.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 06:38:38 am »
Yes, I've told her to start a savings account and put $50 a week into it until she has enough. Perhaps the interest free option will be better for her.

Another plus for her is that she didn't want to have a demo. I told her she doesn't need to, she's been to one here and I'm sure the Katanning distributor would sell her one without a demo.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2011, 06:42:03 am »
She only has to have a demo MJ if she wants her thermoserver, otherwise she can just order one  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2011, 06:48:22 am »
MJ woudl definately tell her to go thermomix..better to wait out for the superieur product...imo  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline shanmac

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2011, 06:27:32 am »
Thanks for all the great research as I am still to book that demo & had seen the Thermochef advertised. The $$ is definitely an attraction but I will take the advice of those who have a TMX & simply go with the best.

You do get what you pay for.
Shannon, Bendigo Victoria - mum of 4