Author Topic: Heads up: iOS7 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch released later today  (Read 17654 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Heads up: iOS7 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch released later today
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 10:06:21 pm »
CC he is right that the panaroma is not new but what is new is that before shooting a VDO you can double tap and see the wide view.. So tell him that smarty pants!

I like that you an make face time without actual face time! Just like a phone call and all free. Sometimes you just don't want to e seen eh.

I also like the infinite folders which will neaten up the look and spotlight accessible to search without opening an app or page.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »
I took the plunge and updated ipad and iphone. Not sure I really like the new IOS, but I guess I'll get used to it.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 11:06:33 am »
Havnt read the whole thread but I instant;y regretted downloading the new Ios to both ipad and iphone, i just dont like the look/feel of it!!

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 03:16:09 pm »
Just finished updating my phone and ipad. Going to take some time to get used to the new look.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »
I haven't updated my iPad yet and as my phone is a company phone we need to wait for clearance from them before updating (aparently there is a security issue with the new version). After looking at it on the kids phones I'm not sure I will bother just yet although it means we now can't synch Evernote between all our devices - back to a pen and paper shopping list for now  :-[

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 08:49:46 am »
I updated mine on Sun & I love it now. When  I first got it I didn't like it, but after 1 hour I had to say that I loved it!!!   :)

*suzanne*

I really like it and Lily loves the way you flick the open apps away ;D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 01:01:38 am »
Updated the iPad yesterday, now the computer won't recognise the iPad in iTunes.  Also lost the ability to select photo size on tapatalk.  Got to get use to it now, I think the layout on somethings was better on the old system.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 01:18:52 am »
Updated the iPad yesterday, now the computer won't recognise the iPad in iTunes.  Also lost the ability to select photo size on tapatalk.  Got to get use to it now, I think the layout on somethings was better on the old system.

Must agree with you, Marie! Do NOT like the "new and improved" Tapatalk.... Really regret having updated to it. The previous version was so much better!!

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 01:35:22 am »
Definitely Goldfish, just noticed the two posts I did on the ipad part of the heading on the post is missing ??? ???

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 02:05:09 am »

There was a recent update for iTunes prior to the iOS 7. I had to update on my PC as well as iMac before I downloaded  iOS 7. Maybe that is the problem Emme.

Just when everything is sorted you have to start again but it makes life interesting and keeps the brain working.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 02:13:26 am »
Thanks Gert have done that update on the computer, but still does not want to co-operate so will leave it till DS comes back.  He should be able to sort it out.  I have wasted enough time trying.  As for keeping the brain working he downloaded Lumosity for me the other day and boy does that keep you thinking :-))  Have also downloaded the ipad  user guide update so will spend a bit of time this afternoon reading that and see if that helps

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 02:14:15 am »
The heading thing is interesting Emme. My last post was on the iMac and this is on the iPad..

Grtt

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 02:17:31 am »
As soon as you mentioned lumosity an ad came up for Nokia lumina!

Gert
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:27:21 am by Gertbysea »

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2013, 02:22:41 am »
 Big brother is watching us :o