Author Topic: Use of personal information by consultants  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Use of personal information by consultants
« on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:48 am »
Hi

My consultant gave up demonstrating a while ago and when I was advised of this I was given the phone number and email of her group leader. I politely told her that I would contact HER if I needed any help or assistance. SInce then I have recieved several more phone calls from different consultants advising me my consultant retired and offering to help me.

I personally disapprove of this approach - it is no more than simple cold calling to try to boost sales/clients for maybe newer consultants (I have worked in sales/partyplan myslef before so know the methods).

Shouldnt there be stricter rules around "passing on" of phone numbers and emails to other consultants, after all i gave my details to one consultant not for a general purpose. 

Sorry to rant but this type of thing irks me!   :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Use of personal information by consultants
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:15:18 am »
I would contact that Group Leader again GHM and let her know how you feel.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:18:36 am »
I would feel just like you GHM.

hope you get it sorted.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:18:48 am »
Hi GHM, I can imagine how irritated you must be.  Do you remember filling in a form when you purchased your TMX?  Did it have a box requesting that your information not be passed on to any third party?  It may be that someone realised that your consultant was no longer demonstrating and gave out your name to other consultants via your original form  See if you can find your copy of the contract and check that out.  Other ways your name may be out there for anyone to pick up is if you attended someone else's demonstration or a TMX organised cooking class - always you are asked to fill in a form and the option not to be contacted always seems to be tucked away in the small print somewhere (if it is there at all).

Hope you manage to stop the phone contacts soon.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:14:29 am »
What a pain GHM :(

I would definitely call the group leader. I hope you can sort something out and the consultants stop calling you!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 12:42:03 pm »
I notified the group leader she said I was contacted so I wouldn't feel left in the lurch by my consultant leaving!!  Living in Perth less than a few Kms  from HQ I am sure I can find help if I need it, and of course with the wonderful forum no one would ever feel in the lurch, as she put it!  She completely missed the point about passing on personal information to others without consent.  I don't expect to be contacted again!!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 09:26:51 pm »
😞
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:49 am »
GHM I can understand your frustration!! On the other hand as a former consultant can I  say that it is usually the other way around (and there are many threads on here to that tune) and people complaining that their consultant has retired and they have no one to follow up with etc. When a consultant retires all the paperwork goes back to the group leader who then distributes it to active consultants for "customer care"

In your case I think the GL after you had contacted them, should have asked her/his consultants whom had your details and requested them back to look after you themselves, just quietly putting you to one side with your simple request noted on your paperwork.

Perhaps you might need to suggest this option to them!  ;) ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 10:59:51 am »
That makes sense faffa.  Good answer.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.