Author Topic: Favourite Recipes saved in book or folder  (Read 24080 times)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Re: Favourite Recipes saved in book or folder
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 02:58:11 am »
Totally the same here cookie, our family and friends will make a statement re - how did you know that? - my reply being - person  x, y or z from the forum.  We now refer to the forum as that T planet - T standing for thermie, terrific, tantalising, tremendous and time consuming!!!!!  :D  :D
Off the thread topic again I know!!!!!  :D  :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:47:40 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 05:03:21 am »
I just printed off the first page, however for a recipe where people have tweaked i usually just made a note along the side or wherever applicable. I've only made Baf's chicken dish one way, but that one I would probably do an additional page on the reverse with all the suggested variations. What started as photocopying a few of my favourite recipes for someone snowballed as I kept coming across another favourite that I thought she would appreciate also. I had a good little collection there that I thought my DD's would really like them also and I thought the lady across the road who doesn't use her TM much might find some recipes in there to spur her on, but when I started photocopying again it was just so time consuming that I gave up very quickly. I did all the collating in about 4 hours which was long enough as otherwise it becomes a daunting task if you are going to make a perfect job of it. Thats where taking it to someone like Officeworks for the final bit was good, as they photocoped the whole lot and bound in 10 minutes  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 07:13:01 am »
This is definitely on. Some recipes I have written all over, I will leave them as they are as I need all the notes. I may do a couple extras too.
Thanks again CP63.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline virginiaqda

• Families are like fudge, the best ones have nuts!
    • View Profile
    • Virginia's Design
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 09:12:38 am »
while checking a few online recipe books I came across http://www.blurb.com/ site that you can design and print your own cook book with photo's. very nice!

Offline ritaknowles

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 07:13:45 pm »
I have bought the "Living Cookbook" software by Radium Technologies. I will not manage without it. It is great to collect recipes change them and also add your own notes. In addition, it gives you cost, nutrition, shopping and menus and so much more information. If you really want to use it to its full benefit, you need to imput a lot of information initially but once you get it going, you will not live without it.

If I need a recipe, I print it from the programme, use the recipe and even throw the printed recipe away once I complete it. I have a special folder withing Living Cookbook which I call Thermomix.Any recipe involving Thermomix is filed in there. I even subdivide the folder into separate section, soups, entrees, desserts etc.  No big bulky files, no cookbooks.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 10:31:59 pm »
I have to admit I really do love Living Cookbook as well.

I think when my kids leave home with their TM I will just purchase them a copy of Living Cookbook and export all my recipes - same as what my brother is in the process of doing. That way they get all my notes, tips, changes etc

I also love it as I can put the author in there and also link to the web page. All my forum and blog recipes are linked so I can pop back should I ever need too while cooking :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 12:26:48 am »
 :-* wow, my thread is still going.
at the moment i just print the recipies, and put them into a plastic folder, but I like the idea of snippy. Also of printing and binding them into a book.
I have a binder, so that could work well for me.

i'll keep watching for more ideas.
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »
I just use the screen capture that I have on my computer keyboard if I want to get anything from the net. It's the button next to the F12.
You hold down Ctrl and press PrintScreen which copies the screen and then open up Word and click Ctrl V, which is paste.
It opens as a picture file in word, but you can crop it, make it larger or whatever you want to do.

I've just bought Living Cookbook as I've had a clean up of my bookshelf and rid myself of about 35 cook books!! I just don't use them. I have one shelf of cook books now and am not buying any more. You heard that here..... ;D  Please remind me later....

I also love the idea of blurb. What gorgeous books they have there that others have made!

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline bitcolorina

• View Profile
    • The Practice
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 01:58:49 pm »
This is an old thread but I wanted to share what I do with my recipes, because I'm so tired of printing out one at a time, and until I can afford an iPad, what I do is I  saving my recipes on tastebook.com

You can just copy and paste ingredients and recipes, mark them private so as not infringe copyright and then order your recipe book in a practical binder! The website classifies your recipes. It's almost like blurb.com only easier.
I like it because I can get together a bunch of recipes from different sites and I just keep the ones I truly like. Plus you can easily add more pages...
Bitcolorina
Montreal, Qc.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 02:50:26 pm »
and this is also a topic recently in My Recipe Box.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Syberia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 10:41:44 pm »
Hi All,

I found a great piece of software on the net when I bought my TM knowing that I would be trying and testing lots of new recipes and that I would go mad trying to find them again (as it always happens to me) so I downloaded Recipe Center, its free no trial or anything like that, and then you have your own program where you can put the ingredients, procedures, your own notes, photos, and you can update them whenever you want. Also can print the recipes whenever you are going to make them so it makes it a lot easier!  ;)  I love it! Probably a bit of a pain when you're starting to use it as you have to introduce all the data but well worth it in the end.

http://www.recipecentersoftware.com/ if you want to try it out.

Bonsai

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 02:36:48 am »
I use living cookbook as well - it's great for collecting recipes I've found online (such as this forum) as I can cut and paste directly into the software without having to retype anything. I have the software on two computers with the database on a shared drive so I can access it anywhere (e.g. sitting in bed capturing all the great recipes on this forum !)

I don't have an ipad but to avoid printing recipes out when I need them, I email the recipe from Living Cookbook to myself and open it on my iphone (more kitchen friendly!). Obviously this only works if you have a phone which will receive email  :-))

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 05:48:03 am »
Does anyone know where in Australia you can buy the Living Cookbook?
Thanks  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:48 am »
Here you are KatieJ - it is actually a computer program that you store your recipes in - I have to admit that I do love it  ;) consider it the best money I have spent - especially as I am trying to get rid of my cookbooks and also stop printing out recipes. I just take my laptop to the kitchen until I get a tablet for the kitchen!

http://www.livingcookbook.com/
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 08:59:26 am »
Thanks Faffa!  It looks great and definitely something I would love.  I like organisation!  And I print way too many recipes from the internet and would love to stop wasting so much paper.  I think it might be my next purchase and my next project.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child