Author Topic: Choc Chip Cookies  (Read 82914 times)

Offline hana

• View Profile
Re: Choc Chip Cookies
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 01:13:28 pm »
Thanks. These are on the menu for tomorrow!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 04:49:24 pm »
Tarasis there is a sample list (on a attachment) of the contents for the UK Fast and Easy Cooking on this thread started by courton
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3088.msg35594#msg35594
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:06 pm »
Thanks for the link Cornish Cream. Looks possibly useful, though like all recipe books a ton of things that I wouldn't touch in a month of Sunday's! :)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:05 am »
Thanks Dede, these have just come out of the oven. Lovely and crunchy and tasty and easy  ;D. I make a very similar one which I tried in the TMX last week. I was going to post the recipe, but don't think I will anymore as this is almost the same  :)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 09:19:56 am »
Made these today, very quick and easy and were well liked.
Thanks

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 11:27:42 am »
I also made the cookies last night, they didn't go quite to plan but thats my own fault. Everyone (bar me, I think I put to much vanilla in) really liked the cookies, indeed half the batch is already gone.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

Offline Lucy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 11:57:14 am »
Yum, i am book marking this one too. I din't rate the EDC recipe either, so can't wait to try this one.....

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 12:08:11 pm »
Kids will just about eat any cookie Tarasis so if they are disappearing, you did OK  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 01:17:35 pm »
Kids will just about eat any cookie Tarasis so if they are disappearing, you did OK  ;)

lol, thanks Judy. What was amusing was the oldest (5) rummaging around yesterday under the cooling tray to get every last crumb.

(weird seeing tarasis quoted so often, I'm used to it on Twitter but on forums its still strange)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 02:07:54 pm »
This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever Dede and I've tried a few over the decades. Thank you for a superb recipe for us all to enjoy. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 02:24:37 pm »
yes i agree cc, i just made them this morning for the second time. went down just as well this time! also made some cinnamon shortbread this morning, really yummy, just the recipe from the edc with a shake of cinnamon. love how easy that recipe is (come to think of it, i dont know that anything is tricky with a thermomix!!!!!)
thanks again dede
nicky  :P
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 12:57:31 am »
I'm glad everyone is enjoying them. Cant remember where I got the recipe from as I have been making them for the last 10 years I reckon. I made these the other day but accidentally put the whole egg in and it did make a difference. I much prefer them with the yolk only method.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 02:16:30 am »
dede, just read your comment about the yolk only and remembered I had a couple in the fridge so I've whipped these up, had one and packaged some up for a friend who is popping in this morning. We don't eat a lot of biscuits in this house and I have just thrown out a couple of dozen of the last lot I made months ago.   Lovely recipe, I cooked mine for 12 minutes and thank you for this one.  I'm sure the grand-kids will appreciate them when I take some down to them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:09 pm »
I made these for the first time on the weekend - they were a last minute effort when at very short notice I foind out I had to take a cake or biscuits to a picnic.  Within less than 15 minutes they were in the oven, and within half an hour they were on the bench cooling, and the washing up done!

I used rapadura sugar instead of brown sugar, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. 

They are DELICIOUS!  The entire batch was eaten quick smart and admired by all.  They will definitely be a regular in our house.

Thanks dede  :-*
Karen in Adelaide

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 11:57:05 pm »
The only problem with these cookies is they don't last long enough. I have also made a double batch before but with the same problem. they are a favorite that's for sure.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.