Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134512 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12495 on: January 08, 2014, 11:23:52 pm »
mab, that drives me nuts too - why do I have to get dressed up to go and spend my own hard earned money?  Glad you found a good one amongst the bunch.

We've had the same at open homes too when we were looking to buy a house.  A fairly young couple with a baby, and one agent actually told us twice during the open home that the house we were looking at was out of our price range (without asking what our range might be). 
We walked out, and then went through another agent to buy this house (funnily enough, owned by the dad of the first house)...it was with the same agency, but we made sure we had nothing to do with him and told them why.  Of course we also had to sell (2 properties in fact) to buy this one, so he missed out on that too.

Didn't salespeople ever get told you can't judge a book by its cover?
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: January 09, 2014, 02:27:51 am »
so true Margaret.

And I agree CP.

When we buy cars, its me who buys them, I have 8 now...

When I went to buy a WRX 13 years ago, before DH was around, the guy ignored me sitting in it, in the showroom, and I went home and rang up the dealership and asked what does one have to do,  to buy a car from them.  I was ignored by heaps of sales people, I was dressed in work clothes, shorts and a top.

Then when I went back a couple of days later to pay for it, the guy said who do you want to ring, to see if you can buy this.
I did not knead to ring anyone, but I wasted his phone line for 30 minutes, also reported him to MTA.

again, when I bought our landcruiser 6 months ago, the guy up here was rude, so I rang Toyota customer experience, and told them, he got a zero rating from me.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12497 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:24 am »
when we recently bought our new car dh organised for the salesman to bring the car to our house for me to test drive,  I heard dh telling the man its the wife who has the final say so don't worry about me worry about her :D:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: January 09, 2014, 07:57:02 am »
Yes I've heard of that happening before Margaret and it must be sheer delight to give these guys what they deserve. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12499 on: January 09, 2014, 02:09:23 pm »
Love how the other salesman reacted,Mab. Hehehe

Back home yesterday evening. We drove back to Perth with a pitstop at Denmark. Such a pretty, green place. Lots of picturesque views along the roads near Denmark.

Today it's back to painting.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: January 09, 2014, 11:08:45 pm »
well done Mab! That young man was wise, and the older salesmen have a few more things to learn!

There really are some silly salespersons out there isn't there! They should learn to never ever judge someone by what they are wearing, how they speak, what they look like.

I remember once going into a showroom to look at blinds. we were thinking of roller blinds on our patio and thought we'd like the hoo ha fancy ones that you could put up and down with the push of a button.
I looked around and went to the counter where I was studiously ignored, finally caught the lady's eye and she said "yeah whaddaya want". :o  I asked very nicely for a price on the fancy schmancy roller blinds, gave her some  measurements and asked her if she would please do up a quote for me. She looked me up and down a couple of times and said "you wouldn't be able to afford it love, not gonna waste my time". I was shocked. Speechless, I walked out. Stewed all the way home and then rang the showroom asking if I could please speak to the manager. It was her! We had a little chat, I said ever so kindly that I would not buy from her showroom, would not recommend anyone to step foot in there and seeing as I was in the building game I had a lot of contacts, not one person I spoke to would go her way. Then I told her how much I was willing to spend on blinds (thousands). Left her speechless! I hope she learned her lesson there.

Hubby wanted to get some new lights for our house, went into a lighting shop and was ignored. (he was dressed in his work clothes, so a tad scruffy!) Totally ignored - they vacuumed around him at the counter!. (had happened once before as well, but he wanted to shop around) Went to another store where we always get awesome service, they answer all and any questions and bought over $1000 worth. Promptly went back to the store that had ignored him and told them what he thought of them and their lack of service and how much he had just spent down the road etc etc etc. Walked out leaving them with their mouths open!

We do make a point of saying that when we get good customer service that we will be recommending them to friends etc. And when we get bad customer service we also make a point of telling them that we will not be back and we will not be recommending them to any one. Hopefully one day the message will sink in.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:25 am »
It is usually the ones more casually dressed have the money, and the ones glamed up, all broke, and using credit to keep up with the neighbors.

never judge a book by the cover,,
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: January 10, 2014, 02:41:45 am »
if you get dressed up then they're unlikely to give you a good discount either  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:11 am »
I saw a neighbor of mine a couple of months ago up town, looking really casual, and in a older ute.
I asked her what she was doing, she goes around to garage sales looking for antiques, and bargains to buy.

I had never seen her that casual before, but it works for her.

Normally she is dressed up so lovely, and drives a Jaguar car, and lives in a very expensive house.

[/url

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: January 10, 2014, 06:24:09 am »
I'm doing a senior first aide course today.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: January 10, 2014, 07:21:29 am »
Good luck Jen.
Yup funny stories.

Once bought a car long time ago with ex H and the salesman at the end said he couldn't work out if we were struggling to buy it or could easily afford it as we'd struck such a hard deal. We never told him which but it was the former!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: January 10, 2014, 10:28:35 pm »
We checked into Crown Metropol yesterday lunchtime, here for 3 nights. The old Burswood. The refurbishment is great, pool area lovely, but to guarantee a shady spot its $40 for an orbit bed. Was hoping with the new slides & games room with x box it woukd be a big hit. Slides are for kids 12 & under so only cp can use them. Games room kids have to be over 12 to use xbox without a parent, so the 2 attractions for us are duds & I will be telling management. Back to I am bored canI  go to the room. Hoping he meets some boys his age today.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: January 11, 2014, 02:05:40 am »
Nikkit...that was a really a "pretty woman" moment......as Julia Roberts shows her shopping bags "Big mistake"  :P.  Cardinal rule of retail is to never label or assume any person that walks through the door!  That, and not jumping on you as soon as you enter asking if you need help  :-)) I really despise that, and more often I don't even bother to look around...gets my goat.

Um, didn't think this could ever happen, but I think I've pink'd my bedroom too much  :-\  DD who scores an A+ in sarcasm, asked me when the baby was arriving  :-))
....off to find some accessories to maybe tone it down a bit....and find King sized pillows, as the linen from the U.S. has different sized pillows for their king quilts  :-X

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: January 11, 2014, 02:54:54 am »
 :) :) :)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: January 11, 2014, 03:00:27 am »
Um, didn't think this could ever happen, but I think I've pink'd my bedroom too much  Undecided  DD who scores an A+ in sarcasm, asked me when the baby was arriving  Roll Eyes

Whoooo there. Did I read that right?

:D :D :D :D

GERT
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.