Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134385 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4965 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:31 am »
We just rang Nanna, seems she is starting chemo & radio therapy tuesday. So we are taking that as a positive sign, why would  you bother if you were on your last legs.

Les hope the sisters are over dramatic.

Great as dh can take her tuesday & really find out how she is.

They have changed her morphine  & other meds & they seem to be much better, she is being taken out to lunch today by her sster, so thats fantastic news.

She is really excited abut seeing dh, she asked if we could all go, we are hooing to in Jan along with my beloved TM.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: December 01, 2012, 02:45:14 am »
Hally its none of my business but if you could i would go and see her.. You just never know and we didnt expect mil to pass when she did and we decided not to go for christmas as she seemed fine enough and that was her last... Saying that i dont know your situation or details obviously just i would go if she is asking..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: December 01, 2012, 03:43:47 am »
Frozzie, we will definitely be going once dh as seen for himself what is going on & how she is. His brother, wife & 4 kids are going down for xmas so we will go at some stage in Jan or before if needed. The trouble is that she cant fit us all in the house so unless its really bad we will wait until hs brother & family have been as hotels are very costly, we did that last year & spent quite a few thousand.

All my part is done for the party. The boys  at tennis atm, the dh & I have to put the new tent up & turn on the heating for the spa.

I think I have too much food  :o :o. its a pizza party & there not even done yet. Hope the boys are hungry, we are now down to 10 kids which is better with team games etc.

We are having gangnam party dance off straight after soccer, then the water games, they shoud be hot by then :)

24 party pies,
20 fairy bread sandwches
16 small chcken drunmsticks
24 cocktail sausages
Platter of party food, salamis, christmas ham, lollies etc, yes & sime veg sticks
Plate of brownies with lollies
Rainbow biscuits
2 bowls of chips, 3 lrge pkts

2 litres of cookies n cream ice cream, home made :P in a waffe cone
24 birthday Avenger cup cakes

AND PIZZAS, only going to do savoury ones now, never done desssrrt & I think there is enough for food.

Then theres cheese, dips etc for te adults  & arancini balls which are still frozen & might not come out.

The garden is looking good, just ready for los & lts of fun ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:45:37 am by Halex »

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: December 01, 2012, 03:47:25 am »
Good to hear hally..Just saying as we have just been trhough all of it.. not insinuating anything just prefer to say than say nothing.. Hope the party goes well.. Sounds like youve outdone yourself as usual.. Happy bday to cp 😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: December 01, 2012, 03:51:57 am »
Good to hear hally..Just saying as we have just been trhough all of it.. not insinuating anything just prefer to say than say nothing.. Hope the party goes well.. Sounds like youve outdone yourself as usual.. Happy bday to cp 😊
Frozzie its good to say because if you hadnt & it was worse than we thought, you would have wished you had. We can always fly over when dh is there if needed.

Thanks, party should be fun.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: December 01, 2012, 04:05:37 am »
OMG Hally it sounds like you are feeding an army :o ;D Happy birthday to CP, I hope you all have fun :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: December 01, 2012, 04:07:29 am »
OMG Hally it sounds like you are feeding an army :o ;D Happy birthday to CP, I hope you all have fun :)

I know Ames, & this is me keeping it low key & not doing much this year :)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: December 01, 2012, 04:34:49 am »
Hally I know little boys can eat a lot so I am sure you won't have to worry about leftovers  :)  The birthday cake looks great.

Did some housework this morning and then my vacuum cleaner blew up so that was the end of the cleaning.

Wrapped all my Christmas presents and then dragged out the chrissy tree ready for the grand children to decorate.  Then decorated the little tree I put up in my sewing room.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: December 01, 2012, 04:44:15 am »
Positive thoughts for your MIL Hally.
I think you will have plenty of food for the party, although it is amazing just how much food little boys can go through.  ;D
I bet they have a great time.
 The power has been going on and off and I am wondering whether I risk turning the oven on, I have some bread rolls to cook  ??? ??? very windy here
Marie

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: December 01, 2012, 04:46:16 am »
Just catching up now Hally and so sorry to hear about your mil. You and your family are in our thoughts. All the best. On a more cheerful note, wishing your son a happy birthday and hope he has a great birthday and yes you have too much food. But it's not a party unless you go overboard. :)

mcmich

« Reply #4975 on: December 01, 2012, 05:54:52 am »
Judy hope your mum has a lovely lunch with you and your daughters family and that DH's problem is sorted out.

Great job Hally, CP will have a great birthday party.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: December 01, 2012, 06:10:40 am »
Hally so sorry to hear about your MIL, hope DH gets some better news. Sounds like cp will have a great party, take it easy with that shoulder!
Today the kids & I rode our bikes to the zoo, spent a few hours there then rode home again - we're all pretty tired now! I had planned to put up the Xmas tree today but no energy. Luckily the kids seem to have forgotten we were going to do it today, it can wait until tomorrow.
Melbourne, inner north

mcmich

« Reply #4977 on: December 01, 2012, 06:38:14 am »
How nice Dee, how lucky to be able to cycle to the zoo.  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: December 01, 2012, 06:39:47 am »
all ready here for our party too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4979 on: December 01, 2012, 06:47:15 am »
Hope your party is lots of fun Robyn.
Your guests will have a wonderful assortment of yummy food  :D