Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368902 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:38:11 am »
I have been hearing and reading that there may be a new model thermomix being released in September this year. I think Helene has mentioned it on her blog and other bloggers have also mentioned it. Friends I have spoken( texted actually) with also say they have their suspicions. Many factors point to this being correct, but who knows?
Food for thought.
I deleted a post with similar information the other day. Since then I have sought MM permission and he said it was ok to go ahead with the post.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:42 am »
I think a new model is probably due.
They seem to have a new model about every ten years or so.
I don't think it will cause many problems as new owners will get the new model and existing owners will continue on until they want or need a new one.
It may mean a good supply of second hand tm31 for a while which would let many more people into the market.
We will just have to wait and see if there are many more functions on a new model.
My only concern is that support and parts for this current model remain readily available.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 06:24:15 am »
Are we able to link the French Blog cookie and the FB page Re rumours?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:33:58 am »
Thanks for this cookie1 but I can not take credit for mentioning this specifically on my blog. Just need to be clear that in February 2013 I did publish a post that discussed expansion of the factory with the suggestion made that this may be with a view to bringing out the next model. I have not reported any new model coming out in September of this year. This suggestion has been made by others.

I hesitate to comment directly on such matters as I know it can confuse potential buyers and new owners.

Cheers,
H.
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 06:44:38 am »
As much as I would love the new TM when it comes out, I think I would wait at least a year or two before purchasing to ensure any minor corrections/defects can be rectified!

In my opinion, buying a TM31 now or before the new (if the rumour is true) one arrives is still a good choice as there are thousands of happy customers with the current version, thousands of recipes and online support. I'm happy to leave the new version for others to try before I take the plunge myself! For the everyday person, I think the cost involved is too great to risk! Unless of course, the new features were too good to refuse!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 06:48:13 am »
Thanks Helene.
Go for it Gert. MM has given us his blessing.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 07:21:45 am »
I'm so excited about this prospect  ;D I love new gagets, and I'm wondering if its going to be computer based and or compatible. Usually there is some truth behind the rumours because companies like to get people keenly anticipating a new release and like to leak info bit by bit. All the hype is free advertising. Woohoo! I want one!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 07:38:48 am »
When it was published on FB by a consultant that  Thermomix HO had suspended consultants training until Sept that was a clue and also a fact. There is training taking place at the moment by Branch Managers  and I wonder if they will be telling the new consultants and potentials that after Sept a consultant cannot train, sell 6 Thermomixes in 60 days and earn one free?

That alone set a few to thinking as it was boobtobethin who mentioned that Helene had posted a story about the Vorwerk French factory expansion way last February. http://www.superkitchenmachine.com/2013/18445/vorwerk-semco-thermomix-factor.html I am pretty sure she did not speculate about a new model.

Then up,popped this blog which can be translated into English by Google. You have to scroll to the start in April with the last post the other day. More is promised.
http://lenouveauthermomix.blogspot.com.au

There is also this on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Nouveau-Thermomix-/385026218302558?ref=ts&fref=ts

Vorwerk is hosting a big event in Paris Disneyland on Sept. 8 . That seems to be a known fact.

It will be 10 years in Sept that the TM 31 was released. So makes sense a new one is imminent. And Vorwerk does have the know how to produce a more modern technically up to date digitally enhanced machine.

Some people are still using their TM 21 so the TM 31 will be around for many years to come and hopefully HO will continue to support it. Though it was interesting that some who ordered recently had a very long wait and you wonder if HO is keeping any stock. In Europe it is virtually made to order but because of the distance stocks are usually kept here you would think. same for spare parts.

Hopefully,  if a new model at least internally if not externally , is vastly different there will be expertise here to rectify any possible problems.

So I guess a lot will wait and see. Some will jump in and want the latest technology and some will be thinking of passing their  TM 31 to rellies  or selling them. This will be  a boon for those who desire the TM 31 but cannot afford a new one.

It will be an interesting  87 days wait .

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 07:41:21 am »
.....and who is counting.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 07:47:38 am »
Like CP I love new gadgets.. No doubt it will be more expensive as that is inevitable. Am thinking one way to keep the price down would be to give consultants a lower cash commission and offer more incentives like lower prices for certain things and perhaps less sales  to get that freebie to the annual knees up.

Consultants at the moment are getting added incentives to sell sell sell the current model. 

And before anyone asks I very much doubt they would have a fire sale and sell it a bit cheaper but you may be able to bargain with a consultant individually  and she/he may cut  their commission to get a sale. Of course that would be a no no but we all know it happens when you pay cash. LOL!

Wouldn't it be nice to  have a new toy?

Gert

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 12:19:42 am »
But the TM31 is so wonderful, what more could it do?  ;)
I'm interested to see if/when a new model does appear what it will offer.  Maybe a more precise scale, and higher temp range? 

I think I read somewhere (maybe on one of those links) that parts are available for the models for 20 years...so about 10 years after the product is discontinued...does that sound right?  Have TM21 parts been available until quote recently??
I really have no idea on that - tmx hasn't been in NZ that long.  When I first wanted to buy in 2008 it wasn't available here, so probably never been a TM21 service here at all.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 12:25:17 am »
Oh dear, I can see TM no.3 arriving in this house :o
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 01:01:48 am »
There are TMX 21 still going all over the world and no doubt the TMX31 will still be going in20 years time.

Just think Jo if you can buy a fridge that makes a shopping list for you  where else can the technology take us. What mobile were you using in. 2004. Now is is a dinosaur.  We now have robot vacuum cleaners including the first lithium battery operated one made by Vorwerk.

If and when we have a new model I am excited by what innovations it will bring. Perhaps we will be able to download a recipe book to it and read it on the display screen.We have had ebooks only since 2007. You can download the complete works of Shakespeare or the Oxford Dictionary in minutes and in many languages. How great would that be? Well you might not want to read that on your Thermomix but you would like the EDC on it right?  

Hally I am with you.

Gert
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:41:23 am by Gertbysea »

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:50 am »
Very exciting! 👍👍

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 07:02:44 am »
My DH has already said there is room for one here.  Who am I to argue with him on that!
Denise