Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5206498 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3390 on: June 11, 2012, 06:15:24 am »
Dinner here tonight: shredded pork in gravy (hot) in TM buns with salad (lettuce, tomato, red onion slices, red capsicum slices, grated carrot etc) and cheese. YUM!  :D
Tomorrow night is chicken drums, mashed potato, steamed broc, corn and carrot, zuchinni roulade and garlic bread - A madam's birthday (3rd) request - already!  :-)) (I'm pretty happy with her choice as I have everything already!!) Will do her cupcakes for dessert as for her birthday cake she asked for 3 cupcakes!!!!!!! :)
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 11, 2012, 06:27:01 am »
Perhaps you could turn your batch of cupcakes into the number 3 for her astarra.  I like the maturity of her choice of meal too, it looks as though she is a good little eater. I hope she has a happy birthday.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 11, 2012, 08:59:31 am »
Had to google that one Amy - never heard of Harpuka before.  It's fish for those who were in the same boat as me ;)
Thanks Judy.I thought it might be a spice mix :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 11, 2012, 09:01:33 am »
It certainly didn't sound like a fish CC  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tam

• View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 11, 2012, 09:26:18 am »
Just made Chelsea's Chow Mein TM - always popular with my girls.  I used chicken today instead of beef - both are yummy ;D

jakodai

« Reply #3395 on: June 11, 2012, 09:47:20 am »
I'm making Lellyj's giant meatballs filled mozzarella. So far so good, but the sauce will be much easier with a thermomix. I have an electric stove top that seems to only have one temperature and keeps bubbling the sauce far too much. Otherwise it looks great, and it smells really nice too. I think the sauce would be good for a quick pasta dinner or something, too.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 11, 2012, 09:50:02 am »
Chicken curry, with potatoes :), pumpkin, onion, chickpeas, carrot, beans, with the curry sauce. Yum..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 11, 2012, 11:44:58 am »
Well I decided to use the Thermie for its original intention - making baby food! So I made 'Fish with Cheesy Vegetable Sauce' from Annabel karmel's recipe....well I made part of the meal there but I need to figure out how to convert the whole meal. Certainly a tasty meal however because my little girl is teething again...she wasn't too keen and preferred water crackers isntead  :(
Never mind, the rest is frozen for later.

I also made prawn curry from port-a-kitchen website. Nice, mild flavours and another one to add to the 'make again' list.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 11, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »
Had to google that one Amy - never heard of Harpuka before.  It's fish for those who were in the same boat as me ;)
Thanks Judy.I thought it might be a spice mix :D :D :D

Lol CC, when I first heard the name I thought it was a disease :-)) ;D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 11, 2012, 12:16:18 pm »
I'm making Lellyj's giant meatballs filled mozzarella. So far so good, but the sauce will be much easier with a thermomix. I have an electric stove top that seems to only have one temperature and keeps bubbling the sauce far too much. Otherwise it looks great, and it smells really nice too. I think the sauce would be good for a quick pasta dinner or something, too.

You must be getting really good at making TM recipes without a TM, Amanda ;)

Chicken curry, with potatoes :), pumpkin, onion, chickpeas, carrot, beans, with the curry sauce. Yum..

I'll be there soon Robyn! :D

jakodai

« Reply #3400 on: June 11, 2012, 02:36:18 pm »
You must be getting really good at making TM recipes without a TM, Amanda ;)
I've had to, I enjoy cooking too much to not try the beautiful recipes that are on this forum, and I've been waiting for my thermomix for 2 years now! Lol. I'm not the kind of person who backs away from a challenge, and part of me wanted to make the recipes so I would really appreciate the time / energy saving when I finally did get one.

jakodai

« Reply #3401 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »
Well I decided to use the Thermie for its original intention - making baby food! So I made 'Fish with Cheesy Vegetable Sauce' from Annabel karmel's recipe....well I made part of the meal there but I need to figure out how to convert the whole meal. Certainly a tasty meal however because my little girl is teething again...she wasn't too keen and preferred water crackers isntead  :(
Never mind, the rest is frozen for later.
I just wanted to thank you for posting this Tasty, one of the main reasons for me getting a thermomix was to be able to make healthy food for my son (2.5 years) and this recipe (I googled it - http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/babies-6-9-months/tasty-fish-vegetables) is perfect! I don't eat seafood myself, but I encourage him to because of all of the nutritional goodies that are in it, and I'm adamant that he's not going to have the same food hang ups as I do. I think this recipe would be a great all in one meal, but I'm just guessing. I don't have my thermomix yet, so I'm certainly not speaking from experience but if it were it would be a great, super quick dinner or lunch.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 11, 2012, 02:56:17 pm »
You're welcome Jakodai. Glad it has helped someone. I didn't realise that site existed and I've looked her up. The recipe is slightly different to the one in the book I have. I got my book from the library so you might find one too for ideas. I have also just purchased her book from ebay.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 11, 2012, 08:20:15 pm »
We had fried cod, dipped in egg and breadcrumbs.
Homemade dried crumbs. Dry crusts  or old bread cut into squares in a low oven until dried out, maybe pale or golden. then I guess use TMX, these were made before I had my TMX.

Home made potato wedges.
Mushy peas from a tin for some, broccoli for others.

Achookwoman's caramel apple pudding made with rhubarb. Delic. Rest went in freezer for another time as DS won't eat rhubarb and others not here for supper now til Thursday.

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 12, 2012, 03:05:32 am »
Lentil bolognaise with brown rice and chookies pear and walnut cake. All very nice and just the thing for a cold day.
Lucyluu
Chief cook and bottle washer