Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8927227 times)

stacelee

Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1020 on: July 14, 2009, 01:08:42 pm »
Tom has been busy again tonight. Yesterday he made homemade lemonade and lasagne for dinner. Tonight was homemade tomato sauce over bought tortellini followed by chocolate custard. We then made basic biscuits together although we had to make a couple of changes to the recipe as the page flipped over and I added one to many eggs. All good tho just added some extra flour. I think I have almost worked out the creaming of butter and sugar thanks to the help of this forum. Now I just need to work out dinner for tomorrow.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #1021 on: July 15, 2009, 05:16:39 am »
First day with TM and I managed to make the porridge from the EL Cookbook - yum!

After a few hours at therapy with my middle DS we returned home and he asked me to make hommus.. all done and dusted in 2 mins!  He & the youngest DS ate heaps of it so not much left for the older kids.. :P

While they were eating it, I'd cleaned the bowl and lid... and started putting all the ingredients in for lemon butter (including some of the butter I made with it yesterday).  Not bad but I think I'll reduce the sugar next time.. I added some chopped lemon rind to give it more tang too.  :)

Tonight I'm planning my chunky vegie soup so I will need to do some recipe converting... and I've had a suggestion to make the sticky date pudding... am I game??  ;)

Seems TM and I are getting along much better than I thought...  ;D
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1022 on: July 15, 2009, 05:57:06 am »
the sticky date pudding is nice but a lot of work (dh made it a few weeks ago) - it does take a while, be warned!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:00 am »
Thanks Karen.. will see how I'm going timewise then for the sticky date!  :-\
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.

musingnmayhem

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #1024 on: July 15, 2009, 12:46:14 pm »
The sticky date is a little fiddly but a show stopper if you want to impress. I love it!  Was never much into sticky date until I had this one.  Compared to the "old" way - I think this one is pretty good.  It's in my recommended list.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 16, 2009, 09:11:20 am »
We're having the casserole and buttermilk dumplings from the Budget book. DH wants the fish chowder but I think he will have to wait until tomorrow.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 16, 2009, 09:58:22 am »
today i made myself a batch of rice milk first thing - had nothing to have in my coffee!!

made choc chip cookies from the EDC this arvie.

procrastinating on making ragu and hoping dh will offer to make something instead (i have sick kids atm and am so over it lol)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 16, 2009, 12:31:09 pm »
Well I haven't mustered up the courage to attack the sticky date yet.. but have made the seafood marinara (last night) and tonight, adapted the kids' favourite pumpkin and spinach risotto for TM.  Yummo!

Then DS 14 comandeered TM and made "ice cream" from frozen chunks of banana and pineapple.... just wish he'd learn to wash up already!!  :P

musingnmayhem

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #1028 on: July 16, 2009, 02:22:53 pm »
I like the idea of sharing what we're cooking each day!  Today I made blender-batter blueberry muffins for breakfast (made with the whole grains of spelt blended with the liquids, then add eggs and reblend, then raising agents & bluberries and barely mix - they rise really well, and have no white flour!); also made hot chocolate for breakfast (from raw rice and almonds, water, cocoa, Rapadura, vanilla, & stevia).  Made Pasta e Fagioli for lunch (I use cannelini beans, add some tomato paste as well as vege stock concentrate, and only 250g gf pasta).  Used TMX to peel garlic for that - only recently discovered that trick, and I love it, as I have the most annoyingly tiny garlic cloves in my CSA boxes lately!  Meant to make more rice/almond milk today, but got too busy.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 17, 2009, 10:43:15 am »
Im going to make some satay sauce to go with kebabs
Ive made satay before, first time it was fantastic, I just made it up as I went along, but the last few times havent been so great, I think I blended the peanuts too much

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1030 on: July 17, 2009, 11:59:17 am »
I like the idea of sharing what we're cooking each day! 

I know what you mean.  I get a lot of inspiration from people's posts in this thread.  When I'm feeling a bit unenthused about dinner I often check out what others are cooking and find some motivation to create something yummy.

I made the purple anti-aging breakfast shake from the veg. book for our breakfast  (altered it a bit because I didn't have any frozen bananas - still yummy). Very quick tmx potato and leek soup for lunch - guests were impressed.  Being Friday night we had pizzas for tea - dough, pizza sauce and grated cheese made in thermie.  Roasted pumpkin, capsicum, feta, salami, toasted pine nuts and a little grated cheese were our pizza toppings tonight.  Have been accused of making boring pizzas in the past so I'm trying out some different toppings.  Tonight's were a hit!

Chelsea  :)

Offline trudy o

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2009, 12:25:41 pm »
We had tacos tonight with mince made from rump steak, sauted with onion and taco seasoning (homemade), and the salted maple caramel ice cream for desert.
Ive made the sticky date before and it's to die for - I didn't think it was that much work to make

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 17, 2009, 12:33:23 pm »
Yes Trudy.. all your fault anyhow... will leave it to my friend to show me how it's done after Monday huh?  ;)

musingnmayhem

Offline Jenny H

• View Profile
Rawlicious Buckwheat & Mushroon Quiche
« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2009, 12:38:06 pm »
Tonight we are having Buckwheat & Mushroom Quiche from the new Thermomix Rawlicious Cookbook.  We made the crust yesterday and dried it in the dehydrator overnight.  This afternoon we did the filling - hmm, its in the fridge (setting) at the moment and I"m not too confident at this stage!!!!!  I'll let you know later how it tasted.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

Jenny H
xxxxxxxx

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 17, 2009, 12:53:28 pm »
most raw food upsets my tummy so i'm scared by the whole concept lol
My Cooking Blog