Author Topic: Lemon Chicken  (Read 39852 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Re: Lemon Chicken
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2013, 04:50:41 pm »
I made this last night and served it with rice and a stir fry of broccoli and shitake mushrooms.  It was delicious and very easy and OH has said it should go onto our regular list.

Because I don't have a thermoserver and wanted to cook the rice and chicken for the same length of time, I used breast and cut it into cubes and cooked it over the rice for the 20 minutes the rice took to cook.   It worked out perfectly.

Sorry no photo - it all got eaten too quickly.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2013, 08:02:01 pm »
Katya, this is what I call intelligent cooking.  That is making the TMX work for us by getting the timing correct.   Glad you like it. 

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2013, 09:44:51 pm »
I only just found this and look forward to making it next time DD is home.
She is home this weekend, but we have tomorrow's meal already sorted. It is UK mothers day and she is cooking slow roast shoulder pf lamb which was given to us this week by a lovely friend.
I shall keep this recipe as a surprise for two weeks time.
Thank you
Xx

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2013, 11:10:34 pm »
I made this last night with 2 packets of free range "lovely legs".  I had about 1.25kg of skinless chicken legs which I placed in a bowl without a lid. I used boiling water and cooked for 30min. At this point, they looked cooked, but I popped out to the neighbours for a (not so) quick drink, and when I returned, I cooked them for a further 5 minutes to make sure they were hot.  I served them with stirfried veggies and rice I had cooked the night before.
The sauce was really runny, so next time I will put a lid on the dish and see if that helps. I used one large lemon, but my family didn't really like the lemon in the dish,  ??? so next time I think I will replace the lemon with some garlic and ginger. Mind you, I will need to change the name of the dish ;)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2013, 11:14:11 pm »
ES, I thicken the juices with cornflour.  I do this in the microwave whilst I am stir frying some vegies.  I like a good amount of sauce when serving this dish over rice and having done it twice without a lid on I'm happy to continue doing it this way.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2013, 12:47:18 am »
Thanks Judy. I did thicken the leftover juices as there is some chicken leftover, but we were too hungry last night to wait!
I also omitted the salt from the marinade and used dark soy.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2013, 03:06:57 am »
Made this again today.  Hardly any juice.  Certainly not enough to thicken.   Must depend on the chicken.  Wouldn't mind a bit more juice.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2013, 03:22:14 am »
It must depend on something Chookie as I've had plenty of liquid on both occasions I made this - I doubled the recipe for my visitors yesterday so needed a couple of tablespoons of cornflour to thicken the juices.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 10:22:26 am »
Yum Yum Yum!

This is a winner and even DD (age 3) gobbled it all up and asked for seconds!

I followed the recipe and combined the cooking with Bron's Garlic Rice: http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=655.0 and some steamed veggies, making it a Varoma meal.

Here's what I did:
1. Cut the chicken (breast) and marinade for 30 mins as per instructions
2. Start the garlic rice...3 cloves of garlic and 30g EVOO 3min/Varoma/Sp3
3. Add 1Lt water to the bowl
4. Put the vessel containing the chicken in the varoma, then the varoma in place. 30min/Varoma/Sp3.5
5. When the timer is down to 20minutes place 350g of rice into the basket and put in the bowl. Replace the Varoma. Continue cooking 20min/varoma/sp3.5
6. Cut up veggies
7. Place veggies around the varoma according the length of time to cook.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Thanks Chookie for (another) great recipe :) This will be a regular!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 11:58:11 am »
Thanks Jam. This is what I really like about our creative members.  They take a basic recipe and adapt it it to their needs.  Good work Jam.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2014, 07:56:47 pm »
I made this for dinner tonight.Another award winning recipe Chookie,thankyou :-* :-* We were starving so sorry no photo. The only change I made I used Tamari Soy Sauce and used skinless chicken thighs.Served it with steamed rice and stirfry vegetables.A request from DH and DS to thicken the sauce next time. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2014, 10:09:19 am »
Gosh this is yummy and easy! Thanks to the forum challenge for helping me to find this one :) I've since made it each week :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2014, 10:20:48 am »
Glad you are enjoying this recipe.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2015, 11:17:07 am »
I still love this recipe and I hope you don't mind me telling everyone about it on my facebook page called "What Amber Ate". I credited the recipe to you Chookie and linked directly to your blog :)

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2015, 12:18:03 pm »
This sounds great, thanks Jamberie for resurrecting it. I do have a question though, I don't think I have anything that might hold the chicken and fit appropriately. Could you instead do the wet scrunched baking paper trick to hold the chicken in the varoma? Would it work?