Author Topic: Melting Moments - with photo - from TM newsletter  (Read 11675 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Melting Moments - with photo - from TM newsletter
« on: October 29, 2009, 04:47:22 am »
MELTING MOMENTS
Few threads of Saffron (for colour)
75g Sugar
250g Unsalted Butter chopped into cubes
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
200g SR Flour
150g Cornflour

Filling:
100g Sugar
60g Unsalted Butter
2 tbsp Passionfruit pulp

Preheat oven 180 C.

Make yellow icing sugar by placing saffron and sugar into TM bowl.
Pulverise for 10-15 seconds on speed 9.

Add butter and vanilla and cream for 1 minute on speed 3-4. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.

Add flours and blend for 20 seconds on speed 5 . If necessary set dial to closed lid position and add another 20 seconds on Interval speed.  (after another 20 seconds on interval speed, I noticed the mixture was too buttery, so I added  25g more SR flour then kneaded for 40 secs, scraped down sides of bowl, then another knead for 20 secs.  The mixture was then combined and ready.)

Roll into balls (see note below) and place on tray lined with baking paper. (They don’t spread as much as you’d think).  
Put a spoonful of flour in a saucer, and dip the tines of a fork into the flour, tap to remove excess, then flatten a biscuit slightly. Repeat,dipping fork in flour before flattening each biscuit, will stop fork from sticking to mixture.)

Bake for 20 minutes until a light golden colour.  Made 36 or 18 whole biscuits. (will make smaller next time)

Filling
pulverise sugar for 10-15 seconds on speed 9.
Add butter and blend until creamy on speed 4.

Stir through passionfruit pulp by hand and place in fridge until ready to 'glue' biscuits together.

When biscuits are cool, join together with a dollop of the filling. Dust with additional icing sugar if desired.

Notes:
Really need to make these small otherwise they are difficult to eat once joined together.

Very shortcrust, nice biscuit and this recipe is very similar to the one I usually make only with lemon filling.

Was so easy to make in the TM and I will make again to perfect the recipe.  I also wouldn't bother adding the saffron to colour next time either.

I put them into a tin and put in the fridge, they were soooo nice cold.  (Warm day here today so need to stop the filling from going too soft).

members' comments

cookie - Julie, once again they look lovely. I must agree with you, I won't be putting the saffron in next time as I felt that it didn't so much for the colouring. The filling was really lovely.  Like you, I felt they needed a tiny bit extra flour too. We didn't fill ours as I had made them too large. As we ate them we spread a bit of filling over the top. Very tasty and short/crumbly.

JulieO - I've just had one with my morning cappo, and I found them to taste more 'rich' today and the sweetness has intensified, so much so that I don't want to have any more.  I've got to now say that I think I need to convert my usual recipe that I use which isn't as rich as this one and give that one a go, I can't imagine making this one again.

chardie18 -  made these over the weekend and they were beautiful BUT the filling was just a little too sugary for me I could really taste the granules. Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:36:38 pm by judydawn »

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Melting Moments - with photo - from TM newsletter
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:27:46 am »
Was trying to hold myself back from printing this recipe out, then I remembered I have a jar of pulp in the fridge. I scrolled down....saw the close up picture and nup! have to make them now!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:17:28 am »
Cream Puff, I must admit when I had the first one, the filling was still soft.  When I was putting them into a tin to keep chilled in the fridge because it's a hot day here today, I had another one and it was so much nicer now that the filling had chilled. 

So I have learned to take note of the recipe that told me to chill until cold.  :-))      :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:26:55 am »
Julie, once again they look lovely. I must agree with you, I won't be putting the saffron in next time as I felt that it didn't so much for the colouring. The filling was really lovely.  Like you, I felt they needed a tiny bit extra flour too.
We didn't fill ours as I had made them too large.  As we ate them we spread a bit of filling over the top.
Very tasty and short/crumbly.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:31:38 am »
Thanks JulieO - they look great.  We still don't have the recipe here in Vic - will possibly get it with our next newsletter.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:04:08 pm »
It's on it's way to you Thermomixer  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:18:43 am »
I've just had one with my morning cappo, and I found them to taste more 'rich' today and the sweetness has intensified, so much so that I don't want to have any more.   :o

I've got to now say that I think I need to convert my usual recipe that I use which isn't as rich as this one and give that one a go, I can't imagine making this one again.  :(

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 01:33:18 am »
Thanks faffa_70 - now I have the recipe.  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 12:43:26 pm »
MMmmmm, they look yummo!!
What about replacing some of the cornflour with custard powder? That would give the yellow colour.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 12:43:39 am »
Yum!!  Yum!!! Yum!!!

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 01:03:40 am »
MMmmmm, they look yummo!!
What about replacing some of the cornflour with custard powder? That would give the yellow colour.
Yes that is what some of my old "kisses" (that what we have always called them) recipes have in them but I have stopped using custard powder because of the colour 102 tartrazine in it. It is a baddie. Can cause everything from Migraines and thyroid problems to learning difficulties and hyperactivity.  :-\

Offline chardie18

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 06:56:55 am »
I made these over the weekend and they were beautiful BUT the filling was just a little too sugary for me I could really taste the granules. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Charde

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:26 am »
Would it have been possibly the ground up passionfruit pips that were the granuley texture, perhaps?
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline chardie18

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 01:33:04 am »
No because you just stir them through?

Offline CraftyMum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 10:48:18 am »
These look beautiful!!  How do we get the Newsletter?