Author Topic: What improvements would you like to see in the next model?  (Read 73920 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the next model?
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 03:06:33 am »
yes the "singing" can be a little loud and annoying at times, though I do suspect for me that if it wasn't it would end up like everything else in this house and I would give it the "yes I will get to it in a minute" treatment and promptly forget about it. Hence disasters!!!  :-)) :-)) :-)) lol but that is just me  :-\
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2009, 03:27:16 am »
Beeping not really a worry for me, but I'd love a SS butterfly that maybe clips on, so I can really beat some air into egg whites and cream butter and sugar until it's white and fluffy.

Recipes online or as a CD would be excellent, though I do still like to have a book. Perhaps recipe cards the size of a photograph that can be inserted into a photo album. That's how I store many of my old recipes.

Obviously, mine is pretty old and isn't a good design, but you can get other vinyl ones like this. My sis has one for desserts, another for cakes etc. I do the same, but use A4 display folders for recipes that I print from here.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline containergirl

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2009, 08:26:03 am »
The noise bothers me.  But then I am often using it at speed 9.  Have had to buy Spanner Jnr a set of ear muffs....actually he has had several pairs which he keeps taking outside to his 'building site'.  Keep meaning to measure the noise level (I'm a safety kind of girl)...just for interest.

Silicon spatula would be ace.  My spatula technique is appalling.....I couldn't blame it on the spatula if it was a silicone one.

I love it though and accept its little quirks

Senior Princess
Pimlico Palace

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2009, 09:16:05 am »
Containergirl, I've bought myself a silicon spatula that is all silicon and it's great, it bends all round the base of the TMX.It cost me about $2.95.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2009, 10:06:31 am »
Not even with the next model - but now, it would be good to have TMX worldwide have inserts/bowls/moulds to fit the Varoma.

I made a little platform to enable the machine to hold extra dariole moulds - it would be good to have the moulds and an insert the holds say 8 that could be placed in the Varoma in place of the tray for some dishes?

Pictures of what I mean are on the Italian forum- in English (it's the pictures anyway)

http://bimby.mastertopforum.com/varoma-usage-vt13562.html?start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=varoma

When I'm logged in, Thermomixer, and go to this page, it tells me, "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."  Do you know how I become one of the Highly Favoured Ones?  :D

Also, could you tell me how you made the platform?  I'm thinking of asking DH to make me one.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2009, 12:52:17 pm »
Containergirl, I've bought myself a silicon spatula that is all silicon and it's great, it bends all round the base of the TMX.It cost me about $2.95.

Me too Cookie.  I only use the TM spatula for taking the strainer basket out of the bowl and also when doing sorbets. :)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2009, 01:34:03 pm »
Not even with the next model - but now, it would be good to have TMX worldwide have inserts/bowls/moulds to fit the Varoma.

I made a little platform to enable the machine to hold extra dariole moulds - it would be good to have the moulds and an insert the holds say 8 that could be placed in the Varoma in place of the tray for some dishes?

Pictures of what I mean are on the Italian forum- in English (it's the pictures anyway)

http://bimby.mastertopforum.com/varoma-usage-vt13562.html?start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=varoma

When I'm logged in, Thermomixer, and go to this page, it tells me, "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."  Do you know how I become one of the Highly Favoured Ones?  :D

Also, could you tell me how you made the platform?  I'm thinking of asking DH to make me one.
Thermomixer placed the photos on the post since you do have to log in to see it. Have a look at the photos on this post
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2009, 06:03:04 am »
Thanks Meganjane  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* - just been busy and thought  - Oh no !!! trying to sort out more of my self-induced mess  :o :o :o
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 09:01:19 am »
I don't do scrambled eggs in Bimbo any more; the cleaning of the bowl takes too long.  So, what I would like to see is a butterfly type attachment that scrapes the bottom of the bowl when cooking the scrambled eggs - should make the cleaning job a whole lot easier. And it doesn't have to wait for the next model; Thermomix could develop this idea right now and part us with some more of our hard-earned cash!
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.

Offline AGGY

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2009, 11:01:00 am »
I would like the scales in the Thermomix to be like my old electronic scales:

- up to 10g, it weighs in 1g increments, 10g to 100g it weighs in 2g increments, above that it weighs in 5g increments

- there is a little button I can flick on the bottom that changes it from metric to imperial so I can easily use old recipes.

Of course, a better recipe book is a must.   :)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:10 pm »

Thermomixer placed the photos on the post since you do have to log in to see it. Have a look at the photos on this post

Thanks, MeganJane - I guess I got confused.  I thought that the platform in the picture was one that Thermomixer had made  ;D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2009, 05:32:57 pm »
I cheat a little.  I use a brush from Ikea ($2.95) for my bowl and I've found that a 1/2 rubber spatula I bought from Kitchen Warehouse is the perfect thing for getting food out of the bowl. (about $2) I have a green one for savoury things and a blue one for sweet things. No garlic flavoured sweets that way.
Oh cookie, thats a clever one.....not just a pretty face huh?
Amanda

Spain

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2009, 05:36:15 pm »
:o I love everything about my TMX I hang on every noise it makes and can't wait to hear the beeps when it finishes cooking< Hang on!! I seem to remember thinking like this when I met Hubby 40 years ago I'll give it a few weeks and let you know ;D

Ha ha ha - now how do I get that little rolling around laughing emoticon?

The beeping - yes, a little annoying, but gets you back to the machine pretty quick and would prevent overcooking the hot stuff I suspect -  ;D I think we all take for granted that we are able to go away and leave the machine cooking while we do other things! ;D
A clear lid would be pretty good.

I agree with that! How many times do we take the lid off, to then place it straight back on, for another minute or two! A glass lid would be nice maybe?!
Amanda

Spain

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2009, 07:59:17 am »
Bron, I have since added a lovely pink spatula to the collection for sweet dishes I make in the TMX.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2009, 08:05:27 am »
I have to ask, is there a reason for not using the spatula that comes with TM?
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com