Author Topic: Tenina's For Food's Sake - Links to reviews  (Read 138308 times)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Re: Tenina's For Food's Sake - Links to reviews
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 07:03:40 am »
This is the first post of a long list waiting for me after arriving back from 5 days with 3 DD's in Sydney (supposedly wedding dress shopping but found the perfect gown by 11am on the first day, so had a lot of R and R) but more importantly I have just placed my order for your latest publication Tenina.  Congratulations I hope that sales will be as fantastic as Dinner Spinner, you deserve to be rewarded for your hard work!!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:35:12 pm by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 09:08:06 am »
Great review Chookie.

Nice to have you back Robyn, sounds like it all went well down in Sydney.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 01:07:29 am »
I love your review Chookie. I took my book over to a friends place yesterday and as we left she was off to get one. She remarked that it seemed very user friendly and the recipes were the sorts of things she would make.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 01:46:18 am »
Ordered at 6.00am Friday morning and arrived at the PO yesterday.  That is what I call service  ;D ;D ;D
DH couldn't understand why I had to open the box in the car,  especially as I told him that this was his Valentine pressie for me.

I have read the book from cover to cover, and have made EVERY recipe in my mind.  I am exhausted. What I like........
It is a good physical size to handle.
Good quality paper which has a nice tactile feel.
It lays open at each page, with 1 recipe to a page.
It has been produced in Australia.
A close up of the dish on each page communicates exactly how it should look.
The instructions are clear and simple.
As might be expected,  there are lots of sweet things
There are about 20 mains,  but most of the Sides could be turned into mains with the addition of some grilled, roasted or BBQ meat.
I love the Pantry Basics and the Starters and Snacks.

Criticisms.  Not many and very personal

Fresh yeast is used where yeast is called for.  I find this product unreliable and prefer dried yeast.
The soups don't offer anything very different to what I make,  with the exception of the Chorizo, French lentil and Sweet potato soup.  This will probably be the first recipe to try.

Is it worth $60?  Which is the price plus postage.  Definitely.
Will I use it, definitely.

How does it compare with other Glossy TMX books.
It offers  something completely different to the other books ,  and a challenge to the way I think about some recipes and this can only be good. You can hear Tenina talking to you about the recipes.  I like this,  it is not slick.

Congratulations Tenina.

You are a gem…thanks for a great review, and I am sure you realise you can use dried yeast in the same way as stated in all the methods. 30g fresh yeast is about equivalent to 2 tsp dried or granulated.

SO happy you like it enough to write all that! Enjoy!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mary Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 06:17:42 am »
I am a bit concerned and confused. I went to purchase this book through the Tenina Store and got to my Paypal account only to be advised that they do not ship to my address ??? Now I'm not sure if I actually got charged for the book through my Paypal account or if I can get the book ?? Any help will be appreciated..
Lifes like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get................

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 08:18:38 am »
Try the Publisher here
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:06 am »
Made the chocolate icecream and it's great. Sooooo easy.  I went to make the Umami Paste but can't find where to buy Dulce sea vegetable flakes.  Can anyone help please?

Offline Tenina

• View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:29 am »
I am a bit concerned and confused. I went to purchase this book through the Tenina Store and got to my Paypal account only to be advised that they do not ship to my address ??? Now I'm not sure if I actually got charged for the book through my Paypal account or if I can get the book ?? Any help will be appreciated..

No order for a Mary Brown in our system (unless that is just your Forum name….not sure) Please try again, you must tick all boxes and creating an account is also a good idea. Otherwise, please email me and I can organise to call you and do the order manually.

Sorry about that…

Tenina

Offline Tenina

• View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 08:53:07 am »
Made the chocolate icecream and it's great. Sooooo easy.  I went to make the Umami Paste but can't find where to buy Dulce sea vegetable flakes.  Can anyone help please?

Hi Kezza,

try health food stores that actually stock food items (as opposed to the ones that sell supplements only). Otherwise, you can sub seaweed, (nori sheets milled in Thermie) or wakame.
Good luck.

;D ;D

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 12:16:03 pm »
Hi Kezza

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 12:18:22 pm »
Oops hi Kezza, if you are anywhere near whitfords shopping centre, the health food shop near woolies has dulse sea veg flakes - 42g for $9.99. Hope this helps you or anyone else looking.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 12:18:45 pm »
Kezza, I bought  Wakame on the group of shops, north lake road, by the coles petrol station. Its a little shop opposit the park.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 11:29:08 pm »
Alright I am now a Tenina Groupie :)  I tend to not buy many cookbooks because I like to buy them digitally for reading on my ipad but I have got the dinner spinner app and was impressed with those recipes and in an impulsive moment, whilst sitting in bed (inspiration station LOL), surfing - decided to push the buy button.  Book arrived today and I am very very happy with it.  I really love all the great things we can make ourselves from scratch .... I'm actually only about a third of the way through the book and to be honest if that was all there was I would be buying.  Ok back to the rest of it.  Thanks Tenina and I'm looking forward to the next book.... ooops DH just had a quick look and wants to know what's for dinner.....
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 02:15:40 am »
Thanks Tenina, Hools and Hally for the replies.   :)

mcmich

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 05:20:47 am »
I received my copy yesterday.(8-2-12). Super fast delivery.
I am in the process of making the cherry chocolate brioche. It has been in the fridge overnight and today until I got home from work and is in the oven rising. I hope to take take a photo and post a review soon.
Thankyou Tenina for a lovely book.

Michele