Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6148484 times)

mcmich

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14385 on: May 11, 2014, 07:42:06 am »
Lovely start to Mother's Day INAID.

Lucky you Hally - Love seeing them working together in the kitchen.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: May 11, 2014, 07:57:21 am »
What a lovely thought McMich, I'm sure the ladies appreciated them. :)

Nice photo INAID and what a nice way to start the day. :)

Hally, I could of used your two men yesterday when I was cleaning my oven :D

We had a bbq lunch at DSs home for Mothers Day.  It was actually a campfire and bbq and I received a trailer load of fire wood as gift.  Couldn't have been better and I didn't have to work for it. :D
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14387 on: May 11, 2014, 08:29:52 am »
Michele you are very special lady to think of others on Mothers Day :-*

What a wonderful start to the day INAID to be with your kids crafting ;D

Superb Mothers Day present Hally  :D

Unique Mothers Day present Margaret. :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: May 11, 2014, 08:33:19 am »
My two munchkins are overseas -one in Holland, the other in Canada but had lovely phone calls!! :D

Just have to share this. I saw a message from the mum of a gorgeous young fellow I had the absolute pleasure to have in my class not all that long ago  . . .
. . . . . .***in a chef's hat making my breakfast in bed, came and asked, 'Now mum, would you like your banana clean, with dots all over it or all black? We have three types."
God bless him for his love and reminder to go shopping.
I am so blessed to have my beautiful family.
:D

Just makes your heart melt . . !! :D :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14389 on: May 11, 2014, 09:57:11 am »
Some lovely Mothers, Day thoughts there.

This is the first Mothers' Day I have been home for quite a few years. It was lovely.
We had some bad news this morning. DH's brother is quite ill and was taken to hospital this morning. We have postponed our trip for a week to see how things go. We can go away anytime and family is so very important.
Our van is packed with everything except clothes. I stocked up on milk and made lots of bread. My shopping this week should be very cheap.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: May 11, 2014, 10:05:56 am »
What good men you have Hally!

I'm sorry to hear that your DH brother is ill. I hope he recovers. Thoughts are with you.

Today ended with another episode of masterchef. Watching it with DS5. Pity it's on so late. They are both so tired tonight. Littlest miss isn't happy. :(

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: May 11, 2014, 10:54:04 am »
Lovely photo of SD and flowers Michele.
Lucky you Hally.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: May 11, 2014, 12:02:46 pm »
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Had all my children a d grandkids  here from 11am onwards and all just gone. My GD chef was here from 12 but had to leave at 1.30 as she was on a la carte service  tonight with 150 covers so a busy night
Kids had so much fun with each other and my DD's DIL's and all the guys helped which made it a very relaxing day for all of us. CP once again your mums cheesecake slice was a star. My mum just went home with  half a tray. Kids and big kids had fun in the spa as not warm enough for the pool
DH made me breakfast in bed and having 25 of my family here today was very special. So p,eased we moved back here as loads of room for the kids to play.
Hope you all had a very special Mothers day ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: May 11, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »
What a lovely day you had MF.  My DD and family turned up here at 4 pm, I'd picked Mum up on the way home from visiting Geoff.  Immediately the grandkids went out the back and started sweeping up leaves from the lawn so I put SIL to work cutting down some high dead fronds from palm trees - an unexpected bonus of some gardening done before going out to dinner. Just come in, taken Mum home and now it will be feet up for the rest of the night.  Phone call from DD1 in Melbourne this morning.  I only have a small family compared to yours MF, I couldn't imagine that many people in my life.

Best wishes to your BIL cookie, hopefully he will improve and you can be on your way.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14394 on: May 11, 2014, 12:22:39 pm »
It's  not the quantity Judy but the quality!!! I sometimes I think a smaller family would be lovely as I could spend more time with each but when I see all the kids together I realise that the love is spread out and that we are blessed. As my GD 6 years always says to me 'Nana you get what you are given and be happy with that'. Wise words from a 6 year old girl. She is a real treasure.
Glad you got some gardening done Judy and hope you had a nice dinner out x

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: May 11, 2014, 12:33:00 pm »
Thank you everyone, my boys did a great job. Layer 1 of the oven door, 2 more layers to go, but it looks great now. Had a great lunch out The Blue Duck in Cottesloe.

MF, sounds like a nuce family bash.

Jd, what a lovely time :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14396 on: May 11, 2014, 12:36:20 pm »
I love the Blue Duck Hally. Glad you had a nice lunch.   ;D yes we had a great day as a,ways. The kids love being together. They are all very close.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14397 on: May 11, 2014, 12:37:49 pm »
I,too, am feeling blessed. Waffles for breakfast cooked by DD's with my 3 beautiful children. A wander around the market, then lunch with my 3 brothers  and parents. Received some very indulgent gifts and now relaxing with my feet up.
Glad you are enjoying the benefits of moving back MF, and the live of your big family.
Judy and inaid you special days both sound lively too.
Cookie, I hope your BIL makes  a quick recovery, I agree holidays come second to family.
Happy Mothers Day everyone.
Denise

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14398 on: May 11, 2014, 12:40:37 pm »
A lovely day Denise. We are all truly blessed   ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: May 11, 2014, 12:41:23 pm »
Everyone sou ds like they had a wonderful day.  :D

I did, too. I got given the school made presents, and then sent to bed for an afternoon sleep ??? Which I thought was a treat anyway, but when I got up I found dh and dds7&4 had cleaned the living and dining rooms, done 2 laods of washing and hung it, emptied the dishwasher and had the table set for tea (which I had to cook ;) ) then the girls put on a 'show'  for me, telling me in their made up songs that they loved me.  :-* :-* :)
:D