Author Topic: TM 31 Buzzing noise  (Read 2450 times)

Offline demak

• View Profile
TM 31 Buzzing noise
« on: October 15, 2016, 05:17:45 am »
Last night on the way out of the kitchen I noticed my Thermie was making a loud buzzing noise  :-\.  It was plugged into the socket and on, but not on at the machine.  It scared me to think that it might have been an electrical fault of some sort and turned off at the socket immediately,  My TM is always plugged in, so wondering if anyone has had this issue or heard of it and what I should do, I would hate to think it might cause a house fire.  I have turned the power at the plug on again this morning but the noise is not noticeable so far. 

Any help would be appreciated.
West Coast Eagles fanatic from Pemberton, WA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TM 31 Buzzing noise
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 05:41:01 am »
In the beginning I was told to unplug it after use demak and I always do that so I have not heard the noise referred to.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline demak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:37:20 am »
Thanks JD.  It did start making the noise again today so have turned it off, but it is still a concern.  I think I will ring the techs on Monday.  My husband said "trade it in" which I thought was a good idea for getting a new one.  It has been going flat out for 6 years now.  :)
West Coast Eagles fanatic from Pemberton, WA

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:59:18 am »
It's good that you are getting it checked out demak. Just in case. I've had mine for a bit longer than you it hasn't made any buzzing sounds.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/