Author Topic: Easy Carbonara  (Read 38358 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Easy Carbonara
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 08:43:12 am »
I would say all ingredients. If you just increase the pasta, there won't be enough liquid for it.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »
This one didn't keep to well in the thermoserver. It had plenty of sauce but when I went to serve it about an hour later it was stodgy.  Definitely one to be served and eaten straight away.  I didn't like the taste of the evalp milk although my tin had been I the pantry for ges. I think I will try it again with reduced fat cream and I will definitely sauté the bacon first.  Very quick and easy.

Offline Span

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 01:02:14 pm »
I tried this with the evap milk, but also substituted the pasta for julienned zucchini. I add the zucchini at the same time as the rest of the ingredients. I only used 1 zucchini, but if I were to make it again I would use 2 and cut back the water by about half. Using the zucchini instead of pasta makes the dish worth about 180 calories per serve, which is great for those watching their weight and carb intake. Next time I might try it with a bit of chicken for a little extra protein  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 01:33:25 pm »
Hello Span, welcome to the forum with your first posting.  Why not pop over to the Introduce Yourself thread on the home page and tell us a bit more about yourself, how long you've had your TMX, what you enjoy cooking etc.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »
Yes Span DO introduce yourself. I am sure that everyone would love to know what a wonderful father you have.

Offline LouLouB

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 10:07:29 pm »
Definitely going to try this tonight! Love that it doesn't need stock as I'm all out of TM stock and at my MIL's, so no time to remake.