Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273800 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2014, 10:06:21 am »
Come on CP, give it ago, just start off slow and see how it goes.

nah, might not be able to get a replacement one at this point in time if it gets ruined
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2014, 11:00:35 am »
Great review. I ordered mine on about the 4th September and was told a few days ago it's still 2 weeks away! I'm getting very antsy.

Having another demo at my place in two weeks. The first demo was at my consultant's place - she's a friend. She sold three and there were only four of us there! My sister came along just for fun, determined she wasn't in the least bit interested. She was sold within the first 10 minutes and bought one!

Gert, how was your raspberry fruity dream? We had mango, which was delicious and I went home and made raspberry in my TM31, but the seeds really spoiled it. The raspberries were frozen. Maybe my blades aren't terribly sharp anymore.

I can tell you that even with new blades raspberry sorbet or fruity dream always has a seed problem ... frozen or fresh as well  :( :(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2014, 11:49:55 am »
That is the truth. The TMX does not eliminate the seed problem but I must say  I really loved how the new butterfly gave the fruity dream a mouse like quality.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Naturalmumma

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:06 pm »
Fantastic review thank you I am even more excited now & so look forward to getting my TM. Just wondering do they work by the date you ordered or the date they mark payment received. Mine was ordered on the 11th Sept & payment proceed email on the 17th just wishful thinking on my behalf that it will arrive soon

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2014, 12:53:34 pm »
Great review Gert.  I must say I am tempted but keep telling myself I don't need one!!!  I haven't been to a demo but have seen the butterfly work and I was very impressed.  Not sure how compuer savy one would have to be to use the chip though???

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: TM5
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2014, 01:44:49 pm »
Come on CP, give it ago, just start off slow and see how it goes.

nah, might not be able to get a replacement one at this point in time if it gets ruined
http://youtu.be/wzKa98wqgZA  here is YouTube movie using new butterfly in the tm31

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2014, 02:31:33 pm »
I wonder what she was saying, so much chatter for just whipping egg whites LOL.  Nice to see it does fit the TM31 though, now we'll all want a new butterfly.

Ooops, it was cream.  At first I thought it was but then when she showed it to us, it did look like egg whites ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:28:26 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2014, 02:41:53 pm »
Thanks for the answer re the raspberry pips, Faffa. I think I'll defrost raspberries, sieve them, then freeze in ice cube trays for Raspberry Fruity Dream!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: TM5
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2014, 03:22:35 pm »
I wonder what she was saying, so much chatter for just whipping egg whites LOL.  Nice to see it does fit the TM31 though, now we'll all want a new butterfly.
She is whiping cream ;) just 200 ml and it turned out better than with de butterfly of the tm31

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2014, 03:44:33 pm »
I think she was a consultant cos when she was getting something out of the cupboard she leaned in close and I think she had a silver TM pendant on her necklace.  Good to know the butterfly is interchangeable with the TM31 - it will be the next thing to run out of stock probs  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2014, 03:50:16 pm »
That is interesting that the butterfly from the TM5 fits the TM31.  I did try it on but thought it felt too insecure! 
I know a few friends who would want to buy the new butterfly.  Provided I prove it can make great meringues first!!!
Has anyone made perfect meringues in either the TM31 or the TM5 yet?  I mean perfect not passable. 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2014, 04:15:47 pm »

CP made meringue in her new TM5 for her delivery demo.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2014, 09:26:46 pm »
Thanks for the review Gert.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »
Thanks for the fantastic review Gert. I agree, you probably have a very good consultant.
The configuration at the bottom of the Butterfly is different on the 5 to the 31. I was told that it didn't fit.  However this may by a marketing thing.
If you think the seeds in the Raspberries are a problem,  don't use wild Blackberries. 
I was also told that each machine has a number and this is linked to the buyer.   This is not the case with the 31 in Australia.
If people want to sell their 31 there are people who want good secondhand ones.  I have had 2 offers for mine.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2014, 03:00:47 am »
Great review Gert.  I must say I am tempted but keep telling myself I don't need one!!!  I haven't been to a demo but have seen the butterfly work and I was very impressed.  Not sure how compuer savy one would have to be to use the chip though???

The chip is not really a cumputer like thing. It enables you to see the photos and recipes on the screen. A child could use it easily. Having said that even my DH could use it.

You do not have to know how to use a computer to push a button.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.