Author Topic: 21st present ideas please (Female)  (Read 12528 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: 21st present ideas please (Female)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 05:05:31 am »
Just thinking of the gifts I received for my 21st (a long time ago) and what I still treasure. I got some gold earings from my godmother and  a  mohair rug ( which i wasnt excited about at the time, but has been in constant use). Other suggestions would be a good, comprehensive cookbook like Margaret Fulton's Encylopedia of Food and Cookery, or Stephanie Alexander's big orange book ( can't remeber what it's called)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

mcmich

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 05:08:51 am »
I would be happy to receive any of the suggestions made.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:08 am »
 some items l got for my 21st was
 big  Chrystal vase and  still use it today
  an Australian  wool tartan blanket which used to sit on the back seat of my car , but now its on the kids bed
 a beautiful wooden plate with sections for crackers, carrot, celery  a removal bowl for dip and a tile to cut cheese on and a cheese knife
  l used to take it to bbq , but sadly now l no longer have it as it broke  but was handy at the time
l also got matching 2 big good quality  towels  facewasher and handtowels

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:31 am »
I had the thought today of perhaps a nice set of crystal glasses ... I guess she will move out of home one day lol  :)

I am hopeless at buying for girls (no practice lol) but also my firstborn was only 9 days old at my 21st so my presents were mainly home related (I got a set of stainless steel pots from my parents - they are the ones that I have relegated to the shed for now until I get a new cook top  ;) ;))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 08:23:26 am »
Something a little different - I gave someone a coin set from the year they were born and also the newspaper from the day they were born.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 09:24:06 am »
I had the thought today of perhaps a nice set of crystal glasses ... I guess she will move out of home one day lol  :)

I am hopeless at buying for girls (no practice lol) but also my firstborn was only 9 days old at my 21st so my presents were mainly home related (I got a set of stainless steel pots from my parents - they are the ones that I have relegated to the shed for now until I get a new cook top  ;) ;))

Good choice faffa. I like that one.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 09:28:14 am »
Thanks for your posting Twitterpated.  That reminds me of something and this is a great place to offer it,  Sorry to gatecrash your thread Kathryn but no-one needs answer it, I am just putting it out there so that I can get rid of it.

A copy of the Adelaide Advertiser dated 30th June, 1943

We bought this to give to my parents on their 60th wedding anniversary so if there is someone from Adelaide whose parents or any other relative were born or married on that day and they would like this, please pm me and I will forward it to you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 09:44:59 am »
Thanks for your posting Twitterpated.  That reminds me of something and this is a great place to offer it,  Sorry to gatecrash your thread Kathryn but no-one needs answer it, I am just putting it out there so that I can get rid of it.

A copy of the Adelaide Advertiser dated 30th June, 1943

We bought this to give to my parents on their 60th wedding anniversary so if there is someone from Adelaide whose parents or any other relative were born or married on that day and they would like this, please pm me and I will forward it to you.

Judy that is a very  generous offer. I so hope someone here fills the criteria.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 10:21:20 am »
So do I Gretchen, it's just sitting here wanting a new home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 12:52:42 pm »

I was going to suggest glasses also. I got nice crystal glasses, wine glasses, and a set of beer glasses from a group of male friends, and I still have them all. Also I don't think you can loose with a nice bag/wallet, you can never have too many when you're 21 can you? ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:15:55 pm by judydawn »

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »
Something a little different - I gave someone a coin set from the year they were born and also the newspaper from the day they were born.

i have kept the newspaper of the day that come out when my goddaughter was born and will give it to her on her 21st, if iam still around lol 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 11:56:47 am »
l have the newpapers from the day my kids were born also coins from the year they were born

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 10:09:23 am »
This is my standard gift for new babies now. I make up a memory chest for them and include the newspaper from the day they were born as well as the one their birth notice appears in, coin set, stamp set and a variety of current catalogues so they can see in the future the price of things and what technology was around. I also include some lists such as top ten for music and movies. You can make these up and spend as much or as little as you like.

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 10:35:53 am »
What a lovely idea twitterpated.
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
Re: Re: 21st present ideas please (Female)
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 10:54:01 am »
Everyone who receives it seems to like it. I know from when I had my kids that you get so many presents that are all the same so I like to be a little different. Since then I have even ordered papers and coins for my own children for their 18th and they loved them. I would love to look back now to see what the world was like when I was born.