Author Topic: reviews and advice for recipes in the Vegetarian TMX book?  (Read 4722 times)

Offline astrogirl

• View Profile
reviews and advice for recipes in the Vegetarian TMX book?
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »
Question  for the moderators,

just wondering if there is a link or a person to whom i can ask questions regarding the  vegetarian recipes  from the vegetarian TMX book - or more specifically who put together the vego book?  i am having trouble finding info or help on the recipes from this book.  I have tried quite a few things in there and they are all great but need some tweaking and i am still lacking in confidence (terrible cook prior to getting my tmx)!!!   Thanks,

Astrid
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:07:25 am by cookie1 »

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: reviews and advice for recipes in the Vegetarian TMX book?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:17:01 pm »
I guess the only thing to do is to trawl through this forum. This is where all the reviews are for each of the books. They're aren't ordered into specific books, so you'll just have to do some reading!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:07:45 am by cookie1 »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 01:04:18 am »
I have always thought we should have access to someone regarding recipes in the book, especially those with no reviews from our members.  I was wondering if you emailed tenina@thermomix.com.au. If you have tried asking us on the forum and haven't received replies Astrid, give Tenina a go - she is the recipe developer for Thermomix in HO and althought she probably wasn't in that position when the book was published, she may be able to help you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:08:06 am by cookie1 »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 03:06:58 am »
Good advice MJ and Judy. Astrogirl I guess you know that when looking for the reviews you can use the 'search.'
I don't think there are a lot of reviews for that book.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astrogirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:33:57 am »
thank you judydawn,

i will try that email.  i guess i will have to get more confident at playing around with the recipes myself!  it is a shame the vego book is  not used much.  some of the recipes are really very good and super healthy.  my family and friends all rave about the pumpkin quiche in it.  i am just making a double batch of it right now as i type!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:12:30 am »
I am using mine a lot more than I used too.  Mainly for the apple and date brownies though  ;).

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 05:29:39 am »
I love the vego book - I mainly use it to remind me how long to cook beans and grains for though! After I have finished Cyndi O'Meara's 21 day challenge I will prob use it more.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 05:55:42 am »
I can help ...... tell you how it was set up.  The forum members should be able to help give reasonably good advice.

How it came about... In 2008, the Christmas newsletter from TMX HO had a little article asking for recipes for a Veg & Meat book.  Anybody who contributed would receive a copy of the book and the person who submitted the best recipe would win an extra bowl for the TMX.

It did not appear that many others saw this notice and I flooded poor Tenina with far too many recipes, and these were from the early days - so,......... it would not be surprising to find they need tweaking.

Tenina, bless her, did actually test the recipes for these books.  But it may still benefit for tweaking, and I am sure that Tenina would welcome constructive criticism, in the form of re-written/specific tweaks.

There is a carrot salad that is used in many B2B classes that I have attended, and I was amazed the first time I had it, because I didn't realize that they were using my recipe, & it was NOT how I make it (I prefer it finer).  So,....  let us know which recipes & we'll certainly do our level best to help you ( & help Tenina - who is on holidays at present)

This is a function that I really would love to see TMX HO take over.  But in a meeting with Mandy from TMX Marketing, she feels that they just still do not have the staff, and they appreciate what the members here do to help.

Sorry. Long winded answer.  But just post requests and keep harping if nobody replies.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:00:15 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.