Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4503667 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #12345 on: June 29, 2014, 07:50:57 am »
What a lovely DH Denise.
I know what you mean with no help when clothes shopping. That is why I don't clothes shop unless DD is with me. She is a very good go getter. I don't really seem to buy many clothes. Just new jeans and t shirts when the others wear out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: June 29, 2014, 09:20:11 am »
Thanks to JeninWa I have just ordered some balti serving dishes, have been looking for hem for ages. Cant wait for them to arrive :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: June 29, 2014, 09:28:12 am »
I ordered a few things from Lakeland last night. :-)) I did qualify for free shipping :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: June 29, 2014, 09:32:03 am »
I bought another air fryer. I have the Phillips XL thought I would try a cheap one so I got the rank arena for $80.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: June 29, 2014, 09:34:01 am »
CC, just had a look at Lakeland and I definitely think it is a store I could quite happily get lost in  :D :D ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: June 29, 2014, 09:39:22 am »
It's a very dangerous shop Marie .You would certainly come out spending a lot of $ :D :D :D They also have wonderful customer care and their staff are very friendly.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: June 29, 2014, 09:42:18 pm »
When we lived in Scotland Lakeland was one of my favourite stores - it was quite a bit smaller in those days than it is now, but I still use some of the products I bought from them.  Hope the quality is still as good today as it was way back then.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: June 30, 2014, 01:09:34 pm »
Probably when you shopped at Lakeland it was called Lakeland Plastics Marina. ;D They certainly gave expanded the business over the years although there isn't a shop close to where I live so that's why I normally order online.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: June 30, 2014, 09:23:35 pm »
That's right, CC, it was Lakeland Plastics back then.  I must have a look around their web site to see what they have got now.  I remember they always included a mint sweetie in their parcels!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: July 01, 2014, 02:02:36 am »
How nice of them. When I was very young, ( read very early 50's), Mum and Dad used to have their grocery order delivered from a tiny store in a railway siding called Arrino. It barely exists now. They used to ring during the week for the order, then it was brought out on Friday afternoons. Every week the owner used to put a treat in for us kids. Some weeks it was a small bottle of cool drink, ( we never had it), other weeks it was 3 umbrella lollies or 3 musk sticks. We loved it.
It is nice to know a large place like Lakeland used to do it too.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: July 01, 2014, 04:09:06 am »
Cookie, that reminds me of the place where used to get our mail. Bulyee. It used to be a railway siding, but that went in the 60's I think (before my time  ;D ) but the wheat bins, hall and tennis courts are still there.
Anyway the post mistress used to have this huge tin of jelly beans. Mum would get our mail and it would take us kids ages to pick which colours we wanted. We were only allowed 2 jelly beans each, and oh, the decisions! It was one black one every time for me (still love 'em!).

I went for a drive and shopped in Bunbury yesterday - picked up a pig (all dead and chopped up  ;D )  and came home via Harvey where I bought a gorgeous jacket for winter and then on to Pinjarra where I got a 40th b'day pressie for a friend.
Only did about 500kms!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: July 01, 2014, 05:43:13 am »
A lovely drive Nikkit and look at all the things you came home with.
I mentioned the other night that we had popped down to Busselton the other day- the reply was that you don't 'pop' down to Busselton.
( it is about 60km further than Bunbury)

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: July 01, 2014, 05:51:15 am »
We still say 'pop' down Cookie; I think after living in Broome and shopping in Derby Busselton seems so close; just as well as our daughter has moved there.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: July 01, 2014, 06:25:07 am »
Just a short trip Nikkit.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: July 01, 2014, 06:58:48 am »
We still say 'pop' down Cookie; I think after living in Broome and shopping in Derby Busselton seems so close; just as well as our daughter has moved there.

We did that when we lived in Broome troupie. Rusty's in Derby was the best place to shop. It is still there but is a Woolworths now. Same clientele too.