Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036366 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24615 on: November 27, 2020, 10:15:57 am »
I made another scrub top today, this one is for my DIL and now my other GD wants one as well.  They are keeping me busy.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24616 on: November 27, 2020, 11:11:18 am »
Chookie congratulations on your DG finishing year 12 too , well done getting her hours up ours is completely behind . Mixed emotions for DD today . But we had a nice platter for dinner and French champagne, kids thought it was Disgusting , that’s good I think . They liked the cheese platter and prawns .
Boys out baling hay tonight . Preparing for a couple of rough days emotionally for all , more of that later on to sad to talk just yet .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24617 on: November 28, 2020, 09:22:32 am »
Chookie and Ral should be very proud of their GD and KAtie you and your DH should be very proud of your daughter. They have both had to contend with a crazy mixed up year.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24618 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:31 am »
Thank you Cookie , we are so proud , it’s very strange feeling that she has completed school .
DD spent time tying up her room ( this May take awhile ) , I had a rest as a very sore neck and a headache, all good now . DD and I went to a friends tonight to catch up for an hour . DD drove it took her thirteen minutes. It’s a start at least .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24619 on: November 28, 2020, 12:07:18 pm »
K ATIE, no good pushing the driving. They will do it when ready.
Have booked 3 nights in Melbourne for in a couple of weeks time.  Haven’t been to Melbourne, in-fact anywhere since early February.
Man delivered and installed new clothes dryer.  Took the old one away.  Said he was then going home for lunch.  I gave him a couple of Cinnamon scrolls.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24620 on: November 29, 2020, 12:05:17 pm »
First time out for lunch in a special place Port Fairy with five girlfriends real food and bubbles , even squeezed in a dash of Shopping for me , opps meant to Christmas shop ! Now it was worth the hour and half drive there !! Chattered to DM and audio book . After a night of howling wind I did take it very quietly as yes a few tree branches down on the back road . DH took DS back to boarding house were he had a online maths exam study tutor and then a small fun run .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24621 on: November 30, 2020, 01:16:53 am »
We are going to our car club Christmas do today. It will be almost all day as it is just over an hours drive for us.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24622 on: November 30, 2020, 07:47:00 pm »
Enjoy your day, Cookie.  Hope the weather is good for it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24623 on: November 30, 2020, 08:00:30 pm »
Cookie, that will be good fun. Xmas is coming too fast.
Thought I might make some mince tarts in the small pie machine. Will use Cookie Nans recipe for the filling.
I follow a Blog, called Woks of Life.  They have just posted a pull  a part bread recipe that I can adapt. Looks good for the Xmas table.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #24624 on: December 01, 2020, 03:18:04 am »
Cookie, that will be good fun. Xmas is coming too fast.
Thought I might make some mince tarts in the small pie machine. Will use Cookie Nans recipe for the filling.
I follow a Blog, called Woks of Life.  They have just posted a pull  a part bread recipe that I can adapt. Looks good for the Xmas table.

I saw that pull apart bread too Chookie and thought it looked very nice.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24625 on: December 01, 2020, 05:28:55 am »
How brilliant Chookie, I never thought of making the fruit mince pies in the Pie Maker. I think I will be a copy cat again. I haven't made my fruit mince yet, I must get onto it.
We had a lovely coffee with the group this morning. The weather was perfect. It is a mixture of car club members who live locally.
I have just looked at that site-they have amazing looking Chocolate Nutella Rolls.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 05:36:51 am by cookie1 »

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24626 on: December 01, 2020, 11:33:05 am »
Well we are in a little bit of shock DS had an accident at school .. I’m in Melbourne and DH at home , DS has broken his collarbone in two places and it’s on a 35% angle . Oh my hopefully we know more when he gets to Melbourne tomorrow morning and sees a surgeon. Luck is not on my side at the moment, really think there is a golden road somewhere but no one is sharing it with me .
I thought it was bad enough that the dentist had told me I had jaw bone loss , meaning my jaw bone has deteriorated possibly due to the calcium injection I have every six months . But there must be a silver lining somewhere!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24627 on: December 01, 2020, 08:48:53 pm »
Oh, K ATIE, I feel for you.  Our DS had similar injury.  They put a SS screw in and it didn’t cause a problem.
At least with your jaw , identify the problem is good.
Yesterday I had 2nd appointment with the Physiologist.  Very interesting.  He said that of 14% of people in nursing homes, 7% are there because of mobility issues. He has added 2 more simple exercises to the 2 I’m already doing. These are to prevent a decline in my mobility. Love that.

The bread recipe from Woks of life looks good for adaption.  Thought I might brush the dough with garlic butter before the bacon and onion.  Also, might make 2. Cheese on second one.  Like the idea of pinching the small squares together.  Could also make a spiced fruit version. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24628 on: December 01, 2020, 09:40:28 pm »
Sorry to hear of your problems K Atie, I hope the silver lining is on the horizon.  The medical profession will fix DS’s problem.  So is it a bad thing to have those calcium injections, I know a couple of ladies who have had that since they turned 70, don’t know why my doctors haven’t suggested it to me.  This may make them query the worthiness of it now though.
Days 5 of my getaway with friends, we’re having a great time. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24629 on: December 02, 2020, 03:26:43 am »
Judy I'm really happy that you are having a great time. You deserve it.

K Atie how horrid for you. We do worry about our kidlets. I'm sure everything will be ok. He will need Mum's support for a few days.
Interesting you spoke of the calcium injection. I had never heard of them but the ladies' at bookclub were discussing them. Several of them have them. So far so good with my calcium levels and bone density.
Chookie your exercises sound brilliant. So wonderful that it is all bringing such good results. You will be chasing Ral round the yard soon.

I did the grocery shopping this morning. DH helped. I'm getting him trained.