Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 156943 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #555 on: February 05, 2014, 10:59:47 pm »
Great Hally you will love it.
I loved my Fitbit (until I lost it awhile ago  :().  I'm actually thinking of buying myself a new one.

I don't know how the UP band compares with the Fitbit, but I found the Fitbit was excellent at tracking steps & calories burnt, but the sleep tracking wasn't accurate.  I sleep terribly and have had a sleep study in hospital to confirm this, but my Fitbit always said I had a much better sleep than I actually did.

I chose UP over fit it as it is more accurate in sleep monitoring which was what i was really after. It tracks deep sleep, light sleep, time awake etc. I was awake for 19mins in the night.

Jo, will let you know, off to,the gym today. Yes its nearly impossible to get to the gym in the holidays, but the kids keep you moving. Funny how we are all different, after 6pm I am not active, ds is 10 so he does everything himslef these days :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:31 am »
Poor Mum Jo, looks like she really needs that op.  Aqua bike riding is great, I did some whilst down at the kids' place on two consecutive weeks and next morning my calves really let me know about it  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 06, 2014, 12:06:55 am »
Off to school driving today as going to,gum. So,far my getting up rotuine has been 946 steps.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 06, 2014, 03:45:24 am »
I always put my fitbit on as its become the norm for me. Exercise is not the norm for me tho, but I always look and see have many steps I do in a day. Not easy when you HAVE to sit at a computer all day. If you want to track your sleep a great little app to download is Smart Alarm
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2014, 03:52:09 am »
Thanks cp will look into,that.

It is 11.50am & I have done just under 5,000 steps, so nearly at 50% this morning with the afternoon and evening to go.

:)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:41 am »
ooops, looks like my fitbit went flat last night without me realising, so didn't record all of yesterday, and now at 5pm today, I'm up to 350 steps! 

CP, I first had a pedometer when I worked in an office all day, and usually only managed around 3,500 steps a day, including walking to/from the train station and a little walk at lunch.  Computer work really is no conducive to being active!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2014, 06:37:12 am »
Oh well jo, never mind.

I was going to walk to school, but its hot & cp has an hour of swimming training later. So by not walking that will reduce my steps >:(

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2014, 09:21:32 pm »
I must be making up for it today - already been to school and back twice this morning.  We got there and then decided to go to assembly, but DD wanted to get a snack box, so came home and grabbed a few things and then headed back.  4,685 steps already and it's only morning tea time.

My knee was feeling pretty good this morning, but I think I am pushing it a little.   Nothing else on now until school pickup, so will take it easy.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 06, 2014, 11:28:43 pm »
Jo glad your knee is feeling better. You are right about the gym, it didnt seem to register at all. I spent an hour on the treadmill & it was inly 1700 steps!!

Anyway my day was 9824 steps which is good as I did gym work.

Today no gym, see how it registers today. Its great to see what you do in a day.

:)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 07, 2014, 12:33:27 am »
To school & back is 3,880 steps, so thats good when I do morning and afternoons :) at 8.32am I am at 4,244 steps :D

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 07, 2014, 12:47:09 am »
My DH and I try to walk at least 5 days a week, and the fact that we both enjoy that time once we get out of the house ( not always easy) keeps us going. I'm sure the only reason we can keep it up is because we do it together.
The motivation soon disappears if you have to do it on your own.  I also go to a Heart Moves class twice a week when babysitting doesn't get in the way.
Good luck to all you lovely ladies in your quest to stay fit and healthy.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 07, 2014, 02:30:07 am »
I'd walk if I had a dog but it just doesn't appeal to me doing it on my own.  I don't want to be tied to the house with an animal at this stage though, I'm enjoying being able to come and go as I please after being restricted for so long.  Maybe when I'm in my 90's a dog night be good company  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:48 am »
JD, you must love your free time :)

Katj, well done :)

Over 7,000 steps at 1pm today :)

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 07, 2014, 05:14:24 am »
Well done on your 7000 steps so far today Hally.  :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 07, 2014, 10:38:54 pm »
Yesterday I did 12,353 steps which to me was a normal day. Today I am at the gym but it didnt really register it last time ???

The UP has told me to increase my goals, I will next week, sunday I wont be wearing it & monday I am at the dentist for 2 hours doing part 10 - well it seems that way of my stupid tooth >:(