Author Topic: Hello from sunny Perth :)  (Read 13120 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from sunny Perth :)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 08:20:38 pm »
Totally concur!!! LOL

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 12:10:50 am »
Hi and welcome!
My DD's favourite afternoon tea to whip up is hummus.  DS prefers something sweet, but does love hummus in the lunchbox.  Smoothies always go down well too. 
I never thought getting the TMX would mean pretty much everything in the lunchbox (except fruit) was homemade!  I thought it would just make dinner time easier (which it also does).
The biggest change for me has been going from the meal prep being a big chore to being fun. 

I've got rid of my bread maker (only used it for dough anyway, preferred it baked in the oven) and gave my stand mixer to Mum.  I do use my kitchen scales a lot still - measure out next ingredients while first lot cooking/mixing.  We have kept our stick mixer so far, but not used it.  I have very rarely used my electric beaters.

Oh, yes, do not look at the Shopping Thread!   ;)  As well as getting rid of certain things, I've acquired a few things I never knew I always needed. LOL
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 06:54:46 am »
Welcome to the forums BZB

Sounds like the Thermomix is going to be such a blessing in your busy household.
Can't wait to hear more from you
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:45 am »
The buzz in this forum is so warm and welcoming.

Totally different from Whirlpool. Have been poking my nose there recently cos we are planning a kitchen reno.  There are some very helpful members there, and some who would cut you to bits without a second thought. Scary.

Anyway, I'm still waiting....for my magic machine. Have thumbed through the EDC. Some interesting stuff there. Waiting for the Asian cookbook to accompany the EDC.

Keep wondering how I'm going to convert my mostly Malaysian recipes to the thermomix. How would the taste be different? Still thinking about the first meal once it arrives  :)  :D

Lovely Autumn day in Perth. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday xx

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 09:33:00 am »
Welcome to the forum BZB. Got to admit I love whirlpool - majority are just straight to the point which I appreciate most times.
Kylie

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 02:56:21 am »
Hello and welcome BZB - how old are your boys?  :)
Love my TM for .... well, everything, but really love getting rid of the processed foods and filling my girls' tummies with 'proper' food!!  :D
Was amused (and slightly embarrased) the other day when we were at a friend's place, she opened a couple of tins of soup for lunch, my Miss6 told her "Is that thermomix soup? Cuz I only like thermomix soup."  :-[
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 05:52:18 am »
I love it Astarra.

It was a lovely day yesterday BZB. We had our 1930’s car at the Classic Car Show all day and it was really beautiful to be outside.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 07:08:42 am »
Hi and welcome hope your TM arrives soon

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 11:52:40 am »
Hi and welcome. Would love to share in your Malaysian recipes. YUM

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 12:05:06 pm »
BZB - There is a Malaysian TMX cookbook - I got mine  directly from True Mix in Malaysia.  The current price (as of December, 2011) of the Malaysian Cookbook is RM85 (approx AU$27)  and the air parcel postage to Australia is RM37.50. (approx AU$11.90)  Either email them at enquiry@truemix-malaysia.com   or phone them on 603 - 78049326  They recommend credit card payment made by phone as the easiest way and that the delivery address be emailed to avoid any errors.

Some recipes appear here if you'd like to check them out. . .

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=12052.0

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=12051.0

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=9915.0

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »
Thanks Goldfish.

I emailed True Mix a couple if weeks ago. The price is now $185 :(

The EDC and Asian cookbook (and the forum) should keep me going for a while. I'm guessing that once I get used to the thermomix, I can convert my usual recipes. Fingers crossed  ;)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 04:42:19 pm »
Hi and welcome. Would love to share in your Malaysian recipes. YUM

Will do, if they turn out ok. Hahaha

Offline goldfish

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:10 pm »

I emailed True Mix a couple if weeks ago. The price is now $185 :(

Wow!! :o :o  I'm just wondering if they meant MYR 185 (Malaysian Ringgit)  which would be very roughly around AUST $58.60  . . . .

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 01:51:45 am »

Wow!! :o :o  I'm just wondering if they meant MYR 185 (Malaysian Ringgit)  which would be very roughly around AUST $58.60  . . . .

Sorry. RM185 is correct, Goldfish. RM85 is so much better. Would get it in a flash.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 03:16:41 pm »
So IT arrived 2 days ago!  :) :D

But....I have yet to cook anything on my thermomix. Too busy running around like a headless chook. Have been reading bits of the manual though, bits of the cookbook and thinking about what to cook :P

I did use it to make a Malaysian chilli paste today. (Confirmed: I can get rid of my old food processor. Woohoo!) Had trouble turning on the speed dial, and had to read the manual twice. Then at the last round of grinding, forgot to use the MC. Ended up with chilli splats on the wall. Hahaha