Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469611 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1365 on: August 01, 2012, 12:12:22 am »
I'm sure CP is organising the meat Hally.  I took it that she would buy all the ingredients for the salads too and each house would just put it together. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 01, 2012, 12:14:37 am »
Ok, thanks JD :)

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 01, 2012, 12:55:54 am »
I'm sure CP is organising the meat Hally.  I took it that she would buy all the ingredients for the salads too and each house would just put it together.  

This is an organisers nightmare.  What to eat? Shopping for same. Sorting out  ingredients for each home. Putting these things in each home  fridge and pantry. CP is going to need a rest.

CP may not have enough time to reply to each query.

This is what I imagine she is doing.

Deciding  which house will host the Fri night dinner. That house she will put the breakfast basics plus the meat for the BBQ.

Each other house will get the breakfast basics plus the ingredients for a salad.

This is what our $30 extra is covering.

I say whoever wants to bring a dessert just do it. I am sure there will be enough and any leftover good for Sat night.

I would think any extras brought by anyone would be welcome too, such as cheese or bisquits.

As we will be visiting Knee Deep for lunch I would say that is a perfect opportunity to purchase  wine  for Fri nigh for those who imbibe of course.

If you are not sure of anything then just bring it if you want, such  as softdrinks. Water  will be flowing from the tap so no one will go thirsty.

On Saturday we will be out and about and visiting wine and food places so we can each buy what we need  for Sat night which could be just cheese and bikkies and leftovers. Or NOT!

Once the houses are announced you can tic tac with your roomies and see what else you can contribute to the larder.

Fore me I am bringing things I do not like to do without such as fresh ground coffee from up Obbie's way and a plunger. Added to that are ground salt and pepper grinders. Ok laugh.

If you have a favourite breakfast food  and can't do without then just bring it. Any food fetishes, fads or fancies I say pack it in your bag.

For the drivers I am sure it will be cold enough to keep food for the day with maybe some ice. Again check with your driver to see if you can contribute anything whether it be food or wine or petrol money.

If in doubt then bring it. I don't think we need to burden CP with the minutiae of the provedoring.

If anyone wants to add anything to the BBQ plate I am sure Dashingden and Achookwoman's DH  will be happy to cook it. LOL! It is a man's job after all. No pressure boys. Just saying.

Gert
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:57:26 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 01, 2012, 01:04:51 am »
Poor CP will need a holiday for sure.

We can purchase some cheese from the cheese factory, easy, wine from wineries, try before we buy.

I still have 2kg of oats, so if anyone wants porridge, pm me & i will bring some.

Of to school now

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 01, 2012, 02:10:25 am »
Gert you are quite right. As I am from here I am just throwing in a couple of things because I can. There is no danger of anyone starving, far from it.
I have a car fridge too Nazar but I don't plan to bring it, as we don't really need to take anything with us.
We're in August so it's a real countdown now.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 01, 2012, 02:20:45 am »
I may be able to pick up a few things too as I have a n afternoon in  Perth.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 01, 2012, 02:47:01 am »
Can I also say that the "party " house  will not have enough plates,  cutlery and glasses for 30 so each person be responsible  for bringing their own from their house and returning it.

I don't do paper plates but I can do without a glass.

Gert

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 01, 2012, 04:08:33 am »
OMG Gretch, you've got it in a nutshell  ;D I was compiling an email for everyone and you've covered it totally except for the house placings which I will send out today with basically the above info. Not long to go now....
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 01, 2012, 04:20:15 am »
OMG Gretch, you've got it in a nutshell  ;D I was compiling an email for everyone and you've covered it totally except for the house placings which I will send out today with basically the above info. Not long to go now....

I wasn't trying to steal your thunder so much as saving you reply to a heap of notions.  Hope that was ok.

Gert

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 01, 2012, 04:33:08 am »
I didn't think you were "stealing my thunder" at all Gretch  :D but I did think that you may have been looking over my shoulder when I was typing stuff up

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 01, 2012, 04:59:54 am »
I didn't think you were "stealing my thunder" at all Gretch  :D but I did think that you may have been looking over my shoulder when I was typing stuff up

Ahhhh. Great minds.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 01, 2012, 05:38:09 am »
Definitely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:49 am »
Have yet to give Rainbow details as I don't have her email address. Can anyone help me? I have also PM'd her in the meantime.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 01, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »
Sorry CP, I can't help you with Rainbow.

DETAILS!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited now!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 02, 2012, 02:09:36 am »
Thanks CP, I do hope you are able to relax with us all on that weekend although somehow I do envisage you being the Mum to us all as you know all the answers to any questions that may arise.  It all sounds great to me and I am prepared to eat as much as I possibly can so that no food gets wasted  ;D   

Gretchen, you had it down pat - thanks for your contribution as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.