Author Topic: Hello from Indonesia!  (Read 12937 times)

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
Hello from Indonesia!
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:16:41 pm »
Hi everyone!
Been lurking around for a while but decided to join in the fun! I just got my TM for less than a week but had made more food than I did for the month. I'm really loving this machine. So far I've made meat and veg stock, hainan chicken rice plus chilli (awesome), lychee and mint sorbet (winner), chicken congee (still looking for a good recipe), bread rolls (turned out a bit odd) and cooked lots of nutritious chicken stock for my boy. However, I do feel that there is a lack of Asian food recipe on the net. As in the homey, street food that I'm familiar with. I don't have an Asian cookbook either as i didn't make my purchase in Asia. I'm such a novice that I'm not even bothering to convert recipes to TM version at the moment. So if there is anyone out willing to share their blog or recipes, especially Asian food, it will be really appreciated! I don't have any recipes to swap with yet, but maybe next time when I get a better hang of it! :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Hello from Indonesia!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:46:05 pm »
Welcome Ek, nice to have a member from Indonesia.  Where in Indonesia are you ?

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »
HI AND WELCOME
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:53:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I agree, I love Asian food and would love to see more recipes.

Unfortunately although I've had my thermie for nearly two years, I'm still a novice and converting recipes isn't my thing.  I still need to look up the EDC to see how to sauté onion 😏
I do the best I can

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:15:07 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:34:31 am »
Hi Ekisumo, welcome to the forum?  I hope someone responds with a link to their blog and we look forward to your contributions once you get to know your machine better.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:52:44 am »
Welcome Ekusumo. I bought my A Taste of Asia cookbook from eBay and the Malaysian cookbook from True Mix (the thermomix distributor in Malaysia). Where did you buy your thermomix from? Are they sold in Indonesia?

It's true that there is a lack of food blogs for Asian food cooked in thermomix. I've searched for Malaysian food blogs, and they are not easy to find. You could try http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/ and search for Asian category.

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 12:56:42 am »
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I hope to participate and contribute whenever I can.

@achookwoman, I'm from jakarta :)
@chrissa we do become dependent on the recipes that way, don't we? Thankfully I've always been the "recipe follower" kind.

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:20 am »
@beezeebee hi! I bought my recipe in my husband's hometown of Poland. It's cheaper buying there. But the downside is, all the yummy recipes in the cookbook are in Polish. So have to rely on my husband to translate for me. Thermomix is sold in Indonesia but its the most expensive I've been quoted so far. I think they're not even based locally.

I did write to malaysia's true mix to ask them about postage and other cookbooks they might have. Hopefully they come back to me soon.

And thanks for the welcome! Your photos make me drool!!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 01:21:47 am »
Hello and welcome Ekusumo.  :)
How old is your boy?
On the Australian Thermomix website they have some cookbooks for other countries, I am unsure what they all are but it might be worth a look. www.thermomix.com.au then click on the cookbooks tab, think it is the last page. Not sure if that is of any help but ...  :)
:D

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 04:17:17 am »
Hi astarra, my boy is 1 year and 1 month. I did try to write to thermomix.com.au to ask about postage but they didn't come back to me about it. I also wrote to Tenina's publisher and they said they would come back to me with it but they also didn't :'( (probably its so high that they thought I will never get it anyway! Haha)

I'm really hoping someone will come up with an ebook format!!

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 05:29:38 am »
Hi Ekisumo, welcome to the forum :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 09:09:02 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 10:43:56 am »
Hello and welcome.

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:06 pm »
Thanks everyone for the welcomes :)

Found a blogger who's cooking some great authentic Asian dishes in the thermie.
https://www.facebook.com/HermieTheThermie

I think she converts most of the recipe herself.