Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4516096 times)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9120 on: June 23, 2013, 12:57:22 pm »
Been fighting with Telstra - out of the blue we have a letter saying "we are discontinuing your Bundle" please ring us to talk of options, I ring and they offer me a higher priced bundle with less data and a requirement to sign up for 2 years when I am currently not in contract.  I complained and got 3 different answers, I have now logged a complaint with TIO, i am so over them!!! looks like I am going to switch providers but it is all so inconvenient and tiring and time consuming!!!!!

I have looked at the Kribbit since hearing about it on here, to be honest I was surprised a the price tag (dont think Im allowed to puit in here) , is it really worth it???

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: June 23, 2013, 08:31:38 pm »
GHM I looked too after the good reviews and it was much pricier than I expected. So I walked away.

(I have to say we are in process of buying a house and there are no other purchases being considered right now.  AND even food shopping is heavily restricted as we have a month to eat the cupboards and reduce the freezers. However we are almost to a loo paper crisis tonight so will have to dash out tomorrow..... I know far TOO much information) !!!!!!

Question : can one walk away from Internet pages or is there some other more apt description...
Clicked away, perhaps we need a new verb for this. .... Suggestions please.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: June 24, 2013, 07:43:46 am »
Good luck with Telstra GHM. we live in suburbia, only 11km from the city centre and our mobiles are lucky to have one bar of power.

I couldn't walk past this book when I saw it.

These are some purchases from The Good Store with a voucher we received at Christmas. I thought the enamel mugs are perfect for camping, they won't break and I can put my hands round them to keep warm. There is a folding bucket and a mini wheat bag with a cover.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: June 24, 2013, 08:03:49 am »
Lovely book and things cookie.

Where we re moving to has TERRIBLE mobile service and will mean changing networks again. We believe there is a high speed internet trial about to happen in the area. My contract runs to jan then I can change networks, DH is only few months in to new 24 m contract. Trouble is we can't do without these things now, especially when running businesses.

Hope you get sorted GHM.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: June 24, 2013, 08:14:38 am »
Nice buys Cookie. 

How we come to rely on our internet and what a curse it is when it goes slow.  My computer is a bit slow at the moment so I go over to the iPad and often find out something or post a reply with that before the computer even finds what I have clicked on.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #9125 on: June 24, 2013, 08:26:33 am »
I revel in having minimal technology.  :D No mobile - extra  ;D ;D

The clunky PC in the study - a laptop of questionable usability... wondering how two cans and a piece of string could work for me???  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: June 24, 2013, 08:42:04 am »
The bucket in the bag looks interesting Cookie. ??? Is there a maximum weight you can carry in it? It's amazing what you can buy these days :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: June 24, 2013, 09:03:45 am »
Been fighting with Telstra - out of the blue we have a letter saying "we are discontinuing your Bundle" please ring us to talk of options, I ring and they offer me a higher priced bundle with less data and a requirement to sign up for 2 years when I am currently not in contract.  I complained and got 3 different answers, I have now logged a complaint with TIO, i am so over them!!! looks like I am going to switch providers but it is all so inconvenient and tiring and time consuming!!!!!

I have looked at the Kribbit since hearing about it on here, to be honest I was surprised a the price tag (dont think Im allowed to puit in here) , is it really worth it???

Persevere with the complaint to Telstra you may benefit. In the end.

The Kribbitt is worth every penny. It is just unfortunate that the postage and the falling dollar  have made it more expensive than it could be.  I have two useless stands which cost me more than 2 Kribbits.  I bought 3 Kribbitts for my iPad and Kindles. My DH has not had his iPad off the Kribbitt since I gave it to him. Excellent for his arthritic hands which have trouble grabbing things including me! But that could be a good thing. LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: June 24, 2013, 10:37:51 am »
Stand still for 5 minutes Gretchen and give the poor chap a chance.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: June 24, 2013, 10:50:08 am »
;D. ;D. ;D. ;D. ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: June 24, 2013, 11:02:13 am »
Ya think????LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: June 24, 2013, 11:26:43 am »
Oh Gert.... You've made me cry with laughter again....  ;D ;D ;D

It'll be on my wish list.... But there are so many other essential wishes: double glazing, new heating system........ That it may be a wee while.
DH now decided if we get the keys on time we'll camp overnight and wake up on his birthday in our new home. Pretty cool huh?!!!

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9132 on: June 24, 2013, 11:39:37 am »
very cool dj,  so very exciting xx

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: June 24, 2013, 11:57:20 am »
Stand still for 5 minutes Gretchen and give the poor chap a chance.

Lmao .. Jd this image had me in stitches.. Thx for the giggle lol!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: June 24, 2013, 12:00:32 pm »
Good for you Kim, a good belly laugh does wonders sometimes.  xx

DJ, you  sound like a couple of kids with their first home, just can't wait to get into it. Here's hoping everything goes to plan for you, it sounds like fun.