Author Topic: The Puffle Party ...  (Read 5054 times)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
The Puffle Party ...
« on: February 04, 2011, 06:42:26 am »
I just thought I would share with your the story of my son's 6th birthday party. Some of you will have followed my questions leading up, so I thought I would let you know how it turned out. In a word, GREAT!

We set up a "mission" for the kids to become Elite Penguin Force (EPF) Agents in Disney's Club Penguin (an online game for kids 6 - 14), where the EPF agents had find and rescue all of the baby Puffles (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59055494@N05/5414691347/) that had been stolen by the Penguin's arch enemy, Herbert the Polar Bear.

To prove themselves as suitable agents, the kids had to go through an obstacle course. Then they were presented with their EPF badges and a protective cloak (a rain poncho). My older kid helpers (elder DS and friends kids) then painted over some laminated "bad guy blueprints" showing Herbert's evil plans. The Agents had to clear off the paint using water bombs. The blueprints told them that the baby puffles had been trapped into a giant puffle (the pinata - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59055494@N05/5414681723/). They had to work together to open the trap and rescue the puffles and get Herbert's treasure. Then Herbert and his bad guys arrived to chase them around (like scarecrow tiggy). After that the Agents returned to the EPF headquarters to check on the baby puffles.

The puffles wanted to be adopted by the Agents, so they all got to choose one to take home. Then we had the celebration party. The menu (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59055494@N05/5415461998/) was:

Of course, after the party we all had dancing, because everyone knows that Penguins and their Puffles love to dance!

Everyone had a great time and I'm glad they only have birthday's once a year and that my two kids are 6 months apart.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:40:09 am by KerrynN »
Kerryn

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: The Puffle Party ...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:00:38 am »
oh! now I want to go to a Puffle Party  :'( its not fair that kids get all the fun
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:07:26 am »
Bet the kids weren't bored at your party  ;D Sounded like a whole heap of fun to me.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:05 am »
lol. That sounds like the best party ever. The kids will be talking about it for a long time I reckon. Completely different from the usual pin the tail on the donkey and pass the parcel. Great job. Wish I was a kid again.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 07:41:30 am »
Great party (just commented in the paper mache thread) very impressed with your puffle themed creations.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 08:14:56 am »
Well put together Kerryn!  I'm sure my 5 yo would love that for his next party!  :D
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem