Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012752 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:04 pm »
I will have to take more notice of when something makes me smile or laugh - I'm feeling rather inadequate here, no coffee or breakfast waiting for me.  It's probably when I come and have breakfast with the forum that I have my first smile unless there is a load of spam waiting to be deleted  ;D   It's lovely to hear your stories and it's so nice of you to share the romantic things your DH's do for you. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 12:41:34 pm »
What a great thread Amy - a positive one. Maybe we can expand it to anything that made you smile today.

Thank you Tasty, that is a very good idea :D

I will have to take more notice of when something makes me smile or laugh - I'm feeling rather inadequate here, no coffee or breakfast waiting for me.  It's probably when I come and have breakfast with the forum that I have my first smile unless there is a load of spam waiting to be deleted  ;D   It's lovely to hear your stories and it's so nice of you to share the romantic things your DH's do for you. 

LOL Judy, I'm in the same boat as you with no coffee or breakfast waiting for me, but then again I don't have a DH :-)) The first thing that made me smile this morning was something on the forum, but I can't remember what, so I will have to pay more attention from now on ;)

Keep the happiness coming ladies, its so nice to hear all your lovely stories :-*

Its funny how the simple things are usually the most wonderful, and the things we don't often acknowledge.

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 02:14:41 pm »
Lying in bed with my feet *finally* warmIng up = my smile.
Plus this thread.
;-)

Gillian

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 02:29:54 pm »
Amy, i just want to say what an assett you are to this forum. You add a new dimension. Please stay.
I am blessed with many beautiful moments in my day and probably almost as many challenges. Our foster twins will be 1 on the fourth and watching them tke first steps and learn new tricks always make me smile.
Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »
Amy, i just want to say what an assett you are to this forum. You add a new dimension. Please stay.
I am blessed with many beautiful moments in my day and probably almost as many challenges. Our foster twins will be 1 on the fourth and watching them tke first steps and learn new tricks always make me smile.

Denise, thank you so much :) Your compliment definitely made me smile! :D
Your foster twins sound gorgeous, you must be so proud of them. I think all foster parents are caring and wonderful people. I would love to be one when I'm older, it sounds like such a rewarding thing to do :D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 02:38:40 pm »
Lying in bed with my feet *finally* warmIng up = my smile.
Plus this thread.
;-)

Gillian

In bed with warm footsies... that certainly sounds smile-inducing to me Gillian! ;D And I'm glad this thread made you smile. It makes me smile too, every time I reread the posts ;)

I'm enjoying all this happy sharing :D

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 02:38:43 pm »
Yes extremely rewarding and exhausting. These are our first, we have their 21/2 year old brother also. Just need to teach them all to sleep all night and an occational morning past 6am would be nice.  Lots of happy times too.
Denise

stacelee

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:30 pm »
No latte for me this morning...with the baby cow away, I forgot to buy milk, but I woke to the sound of drizzle on the roof and that was happy for me when I thought of my capsicum seedlings that I just planted.....:)....and then my husbands dog got on the bed for a cuddle, WET, there is going to be a shorn Pomeranian/shiatsu/silky terrier if he keeps it up....I swear he is part sponge (but adorable)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 11:12:57 pm »
First thing that made me smile today was the same as every morning - DH's nice warm cuddle, kisses and "I love you, have a good day"  :-*   Then 1 of my lil bros (from NZ) rang, which made me smile again. Then Miss 3 woke up, climbed up for a hug and said "I had a good sleep mum, did you?" Then miss 5 asking how the new baby was going   :-)) - then the girls thanking me for their breakfast.... oh and this view when I opened my curtains this morning:
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:43 pm »
So cute when kids do that Astarra :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 12:30:56 am »
Astarra it sounds like you had a lovely morning, your girls sound adorable :) Thank you for sharing :D

This morning I smiled when I logged on to the forum and saw dede's comment on the Weight Loss Challenge thread. I am very happy for her :D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 12:36:25 am »
Smiled when I first woke up at 7.30am and remembered we have a teachers strike here today. So I can stay home and catch up on cooking and cleaning.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 12:51:13 am »
Smiled when I first woke up at 7.30am and remembered we have a teachers strike here today. So I can stay home and catch up on cooking and cleaning.

Now THAT is definitely worth smiling about DG :D :D :D

I'm smiling as I sit here because I can see the willy wag tails playing in the front yard. Its the first time I've seen them this morning so I think they must just have woken up. And had coffee by the looks of them ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 12:53:18 am »
I also smile when I look at the view of the lake....then remember I live in paradise.... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 01:31:18 am »
Just saw this and it made me smile.

Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate