Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7909474 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38640 on: April 03, 2020, 04:43:19 am »
Since the TMX fell off the bench, the scales have started working.   :-[ Must drop it more often.
Maybe you should go into the TMX repair business  ;)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38641 on: April 03, 2020, 09:59:30 am »
Great news that the scales are working again Chookie.  My scales on the 6 are a tiny bit dicey at the moment, but I think, hope they just need the feet cleaning. I haven’t done it for ages. The 31 scales gave up a fair while ago. 

Beautiful weather here at the moment. It was 6 this morning, however next week is tipped to be 32 and 33.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38642 on: April 03, 2020, 12:49:32 pm »
Judy, I was kneading bread and wasn’t in the kitchen. It has never happened before.  When I make fruit paste, I put it in the sink.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38643 on: April 03, 2020, 08:02:47 pm »
We are headed for a warm sunny weekend.

There has been a significant increase in deaths due to Coronavirus here today. Very sad especially as two frontline nurses have died because of the virus. Dreading next week, Easter Weekend, they are predicting a 1000 people will die per day.
Stay safe everyone.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38644 on: April 03, 2020, 11:12:44 pm »
CC, we have been thinking of you and your family constantly .  Keep isolated and eat what that talented DS is growing and cooking.
They are trying to control the virus here with very stringent measures. We had to go to the Dr for our flu injections yesterday.  We sat in the car until called. We were in and out in under 5 minutes.  It was quite scary. Plastic panels up everywhere and all staff in protective gear. It is the 2nd time we have been out in 3 weeks.
We have been unable to buy masks so I am going to make 2 .  Saw instructions on Internet using a t shirt.  No sewing required.
Glad you are getting some sunshine, it has turned cold and wet here.  Not complaining.
All stay safe,

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38645 on: April 04, 2020, 12:31:22 am »
My 31 dances all over the place when I am making bread.  I always stand and watch during the kneading process.
I made a loaf of no fuss bread the other day, the best loaf I have ever made.  I opened a new bag of flour so maybe that was why. 
It's raining here and has turned quite cold.
DS has just arrived with my groceries and left them at the door for me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:42:08 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38646 on: April 04, 2020, 02:25:26 am »
Margaret, follow Chookie's advice re. putting the TMX into the (clean, dry) sink when you have given it a heavy load to knead, it cannot go anywhere and you can safely leave it to its own devices.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38647 on: April 04, 2020, 04:14:59 am »
Raining and cold today .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38648 on: April 04, 2020, 08:00:12 am »
Warming up here. I usually stand over my thermomix when I am kneading bread. I was wondering how consultants are selling machines now?

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38649 on: April 04, 2020, 01:06:19 pm »
By virtual cooking experience, they are doing a lot of Zoom meetings . A more casual approach. Not sure if they are selling at the moment or filling in a void .
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:54:51 pm by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38650 on: April 05, 2020, 02:23:51 am »
Warming up here. I usually stand over my thermomix when I am kneading bread. I was wondering how consultants are selling machines now?
Our local consultant said there had been a restructuring of consultants in Ballarat.  Not sure what that means.  I got an invitation  to a virtual Basis cooking class.  Didn’t bother although still interested in a 6.  Might need something to keep me busy it this lockdown continues for 6 months.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38651 on: April 05, 2020, 08:59:07 am »
When my blades broke I met a lovely lady who has been a consultant for many years. A 6 would be lovely to play with while we are stuck here at home.
We had a surprise last night, just as DD and Dh got back from their evening walk it began to rain. We only had 3mm but it is quite cool and overcast today. It's only going to be 36 on Thursday now. :( :( :(

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38652 on: April 05, 2020, 09:03:06 pm »
We have had lots and lots of rain.  Has been cold as well. Need to clean out chook shed but not a good job in the rain.  With some luck today , I will be able to do it.  Also putting in another order for Fruit and Veg.  They will home deliver on Wednesday. . It comes in a cardboard box.  Should I wash the box down outside?  I will wash the fruit and veg .  What about the strawberries ? Am I being too fussy ?
We are into our 4 th week of isolation.  Have been out twice.  The potato run and for flu jabs.  Coping well.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38653 on: April 06, 2020, 02:07:35 am »
We have had quite a lot of rain here too.  Yesterday was very cold, not so cold today.
I have only been out twice since this being told to stay home.  Once to the Dr and once to the bank to attend to some business.  DS rings regularly and does any shopping I need.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38654 on: April 06, 2020, 02:25:08 pm »
I can’t say I’m enjoying being at home. I go out once a week to do the shopping and maybe to my Italian green grocer.