Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4513391 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9840 on: August 26, 2013, 07:56:47 am »
CP, yes, it is made from bench top off cuts and as i have an appliance cupboard it enables me to slide it in and out easily.
That's brilliant. I'd like one of those cos I keep my TM in a corner and to be able to slide in and out would be great. You could have a little/big business idea there  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9841 on: August 26, 2013, 09:27:32 am »
CP, yes, it is made from bench top off cuts and as i have an appliance cupboard it enables me to slide it in and out easily.
That's brilliant. I'd like one of those cos I keep my TM in a corner and to be able to slide in and out would be great. You could have a little/big business idea there  ;)

I'd buy one :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: August 26, 2013, 09:53:03 am »
.... And I would, too!! Absolutely!!!!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: August 26, 2013, 12:16:29 pm »
Me too!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: August 26, 2013, 02:06:54 pm »
Had to buy a new iron as my old one stopped heating up. I didn't think it was very old, managed to find the receipt and as it was within the two year warranty, returned it to Target and got all my money back,with no hassle. I couldn't believe it ;D
I'm making sure I keep the receipt for this one in a safe place, just in case.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: August 27, 2013, 10:31:05 am »
How does it slide, love the idea

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: August 27, 2013, 10:37:21 am »
Rainbow, it has felt feet,like you put on chair legs. Works a treat.

My BIL will throw one in with a kitchen renovation!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:34:00 am by Bedlam »
Denise

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: August 27, 2013, 11:03:57 am »
This arrived in the post today.
The first Hairy Dieters cookbook had some good recipes, so I'm hoping this one will too.

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

stacelee

« Reply #9848 on: August 27, 2013, 11:15:09 am »
I have my thermomix sitting on a cutting board with a drawer underneath that I bought from Target.  I've stuck felt feet to the bottom of it which lets me slide it forward and backwards on the bench and I keep all of the bits I use all of the time in the drawer....ie scrapers, thermometer, teaspoons, spatulas.  I've actually bought two more of them...I have my embroidery sewing machine sitting on one of them with my commonly used threads, bobbins, scissors etc in it.

The link is http://shop.target.com.au/p/acacia-chopping-board-with-drawer/P53164674 if anyone is after one.

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: August 27, 2013, 12:27:47 pm »
I have my thermomix sitting on a cutting board with a drawer underneath that I bought from Target.  I've stuck felt feet to the bottom of it which lets me slide it forward and backwards on the bench and I keep all of the bits I use all of the time in the drawer....ie scrapers, thermometer, teaspoons, spatulas.  I've actually bought two more of them...I have my embroidery sewing machine sitting on one of them with my commonly used threads, bobbins, scissors etc in it.

The link is http://shop.target.com.au/p/acacia-chopping-board-with-drawer/P53164674 if anyone is after one.

Thanks Stacelee... off I go to target. It looks great!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: August 27, 2013, 12:31:55 pm »
Thanks Stacelee!  The whole idea of having the TMX on a sliding base is terrific . .love the drawer in this one.  Will be investing in one for sure!  Appreciate the link!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: August 27, 2013, 12:45:44 pm »
Thanks for sharing stacelee. It's pretty handy to have that storage space for commonly used utensils
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: August 27, 2013, 11:27:28 pm »
Awesome idea Stacelee. I just have a thin plastic sheet from Red dot (you know the ones that come in a pack of 3 for about $2) under my TM. Slides easy, easy to clean and when it gets yuk I chuck it for a new one.

Shopping yesterday and I DID NOT BUY the fruit mince pies covered in Christmas wrapping in Woolies. I was so cross to think that Christmas stuff is out already. I mean it is still 4 months away.
Actually I was so cross I abandoned my trolley full of food and departed the store. I'm boycotting Woolies, and I was so impressed with them for bringing back our favourite cocoa too.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: August 27, 2013, 11:35:24 pm »
I agree nikkit, makes me annoyed too.
Great idea stacelee,  love mine as it has the same footprint as my machines(and BIL made it specially for me), extra storage is always good.
Denise

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: August 28, 2013, 12:10:10 am »
[quote author=Nikkit link=topic=6682.msg310117#msg310117 date=1377642448

Shopping yesterday and I DID NOT BUY the fruit mince pies covered in Christmas wrapping in Woolies. I was so cross to think that Christmas stuff is out already. I mean it is still 4 months away.
Actually I was so cross I abandoned my trolley full of food and departed the store. I'm boycotting Woolies, and I was so impressed with them for bringing back our favourite cocoa too.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I saw fruit mince pies at Coles last week. I've started shopping at our local IGA new owners and lots of managers specials, and no Christmas stuff out yet.
Someone told me DJ's had Xmas decorations out.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!