Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036123 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23295 on: November 21, 2019, 04:08:06 pm »
I went to a friends house for coffee this morning. It was great getting out of the caravan for a while.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23296 on: November 21, 2019, 10:03:58 pm »
My TMX is making a strange motor noise.  Scales haven’t worked for ages.  Had them fixed once. Will ring workshop today as we are going to Melbourne on Monday and could drop it off.  Wondering about a 6.  Any ideas. .? Mine is a 5.  One of the first.  Used every day.  Has had a hard life, lots of kneading.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23297 on: November 21, 2019, 11:35:46 pm »
My DD just bought a tmx 6 and I went to see her demo.  I was quite impressed with it, if I didn't have a 31 I would consider buying one.

Shower cleaning day today, not my most favourite job.   Because I have difficulty bending and can't kneel on the new knee I keep putting the job off but eventually it has to be done.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23298 on: November 22, 2019, 12:07:19 am »
Thanks Mab for your comment on the 6.  I have just read an in-depth review of the 6 and again firstly refuse to be tied into a program that you pay for, a secondly want to be able to have access to MY recipes through the internet .  This is technically possible.
Hang on to your 31 I think it is the best model .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23299 on: November 22, 2019, 02:50:18 am »
My DD just bought a tmx 6 and I went to see her demo.  I was quite impressed with it, if I didn't have a 31 I would consider buying one.

Shower cleaning day today, not my most favourite job.   Because I have difficulty bending and can't kneel on the new knee I keep putting the job off but eventually it has to be done.
Margaret have you ever considered getting a pair of foam knee pads from either a hadware store or a gardening supply store?  I have a set I got from Diggers years ago and they are total life (knee) savers.

Like you, I am more than happy with my good old 31.  It probably needs a service now, but isn't really giving me any trouble so I will just leave it for now.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23300 on: November 22, 2019, 03:49:18 am »
Chookie, my DD has made quite a lot of things from Cookido, and I think she will subscribe for a little while after her 6 month free trial mainly because she was unsure how to go about converting other recipes.  I told her about our forum (all tried and true recipes) and the recipe community.  She is now searching for things she wants to make and there is no stopping her now.
I have no idea about how you can access your recipes through the internet.  I am sure someone with more knowledge than me would be able to help.

Marina, thanks for the idea for the knee pads.  I have used an old cushion or rolled up towels at times but they are not successful.   I was told before the operation that once you have a new knee it is very painful to try kneeling on it and this seems to be the case.   No matter what we always seem to manage to do what we have to.  We are women after all and are made of tough stuff :D :D :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23301 on: November 22, 2019, 03:55:06 am »
I hate cleaning showers too Margaret so for that reason, unless I’m washing my hair I have a bath in as little water as I can get away with. Your knee is not going to allow you to do much at ground level at all by the sounds of it. What’s your DH like at cleaning showers LOL.

Chookie it’s as pity when appliances change so much as to not be a requirement for we older people because of the technology. 

Denise I can understand how much you would have enjoyed visiting your friend in a ‘real house’, perhaps you could do it more often.

This morning I culled blouses and jumpers, 4 bags to Vinnies has given me room to actually be able to slide my clothes.  I also transferred most of my shoes from the bottom of the wardrobe into the drawers of a tall boy. Another job I’ve been wanting to do for a while out of the way.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:03:44 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23302 on: November 22, 2019, 06:44:35 am »
Mab, it can be done but is illegal.  TMX have all this tied up legally. I am not the only person annoyed that we can’t have our recipes  linked through the internet to the machine. There seems to be quite a few people who feel the same need. I absolutely refuse to pay for recipes.  People frequently pinch my recipes , make a small change and call it theirs. Then they ask people to pay to join their program.  There is not much generosity of spirit and all has become too commercial.
Next week I am taking my machine to the service center in Melbourne and will be asking exactly what they can tell when they look at the inner program.  The information that TMX sent me suggests that they have access to everything you do with your machine.  . I don’t think this is correct.
I have a lot of electrical devices and no one is asking me to pay to use the recipes that they frequently send me.
Sorry about the long response but I feel very cross about the direction that TMX is going.  I love my machine but don’t like the company.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23303 on: November 22, 2019, 08:41:19 am »
Chookie I remember that on the 31 they could tell you the hours your TMX has done , so imagine if you ask they may be able to tell you . Good luck .
There is a new blade cover coming out very soon so you can sous vide in the TMX5 .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23304 on: November 23, 2019, 07:35:38 am »
Chookie I agree with loving the thermomix but not the company.

Judy you have been busy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23305 on: November 23, 2019, 11:33:33 am »
Today some of our Probus ladies went to the theatre to see A Christmas Story. Not my cup of tea but the second half was a bit  better. That’s 2 in a row I haven’t really enjoyed so I must steer clear of this type of outing in future.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23306 on: November 24, 2019, 11:36:58 am »
We went and saw Ford versus Ferrari the other day.  I really enjoyed it, although some of the car speeds and crashes were a bit over the top.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23307 on: November 26, 2019, 08:00:12 am »
Today I did a big shop at Costco, I spent 2 hours roaming the aisles reading the Carb figures on packets before putting the item in my trolley.  I’m gradually finding everything I want somewhere. I also called into Foodland and found a few things there including low carb ice-cream, yoghurt and a small 600g loaf of low carb bread for $7. The odd slice now and then for breakfast would be nice so I will make this last a while.

update - tonight I decided there must be a TMX blogger out there who has a recipe for this type of bread. Yay, first one I clicked on has just what I wanted, bread rolls or a loaf https://madcreationshub.com/recipe/low-carb-bread-recipe/  so after I order some of the ingredients online I will give it a go. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:21:15 am by judydawn »

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23308 on: November 27, 2019, 12:37:50 am »
I have been back at the sewing machine for the last couple of days.  GD has asked me to make her some scrub tops for work with Christmas fabric.  One down and two to go.  It is so long since I have done any sewing that I am quite out of practice, made some very silly mistakes and even shed a few tears.  :( :( :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23309 on: November 27, 2019, 04:16:13 am »
Well done for taking on the job Margaret, the only time I use my sewing machine is for mending and that’s SIL’s jeans usually.