Author Topic: Citrus Chevron Chops (Varoma)  (Read 6074 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Citrus Chevron Chops (Varoma)
« on: October 12, 2009, 12:14:07 pm »
Name of Recipe: Citrus Chevron Chops (Varoma)
Number of People: 3
Ingredients:

6 goat (or lamb) chops (could do more if use tray)
1 tsp fresh mint
ca 500 ml orange juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard (or whatever mustard you'd like)
salt & pepper
1 tbsp honey
2-3 tsp cornflour

Preparation:

Put the chops in the varoma, and season.  I also cooked potatoes in the internal steamer, and veggies on the tray which I added after 5 minutes.

Drop the mint onto blades running at speed 6.

Add the OJ, salt and pepper, mustard and honey (not the cornflour).  Insert the internal steamer basket if using.

15-20 minutes / Varoma / speed 2.5

When the meat and veg are cooked, remove and keep warm.  Add the cornflour to the cooking liquid and cook at 100oC / 2 mins / speed 2 to thicken into a sauce.  Serve over meat and veggies.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:
This recipe is VERY loosely based on the Citrus Chevron Chops recipe at www.chestnutmeats.co.uk

I didn't note down my exact timings, sorry, but I think I put the potatoes in for the full 20 mins, but cut them into bigger pieces than usual.  If anyone else tries this, please give feedback to let me know if it was OK with the potatoes.  Otherwise I'll edit this recipe when I next make it.

It was a very nice meal.

As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Citrus Chevron Chops (Varoma)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 09:58:58 am »
Good work Caroline - inspires me to get into the kitchen with Bimby tonight.  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Citrus Chevron Chops (Varoma)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 12:25:42 pm »
I cooked this for our dinner tonight. It took a lot longer than 20 minutes (maybe 27-30, I lost track :-))) but I think the chops I had were pretty thick. I also used fruit chutney instead of the mustard, because I didn't have any mustard, and added a squeeze of lemongrass paste.
I don't eat red meat so I didn't taste this dish myself, but it smelled very nice while cooking. I did think it smelled very sweet and my mum confirmed this when she tried it. She said it was very nice though :)
I think the sweetness was partly my fault. The mustard probably would have cut through some of the sweetness, but I forgot to get it at WW :-))

Overall a very nice meal, and I think I will steam chops more often now because they stayed more tender than when I grill them sometimes.